z

Young Writers Society

A Rose's Bloody Kiss- ch. 1

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:00 am
View Likes
uni8 says...

I called her Rose. Rose for her soft red lips. Rose for her tall, slender, perfectly curved body. Rose for her delicate, silky skin. And rose for her thorns.
​These thorns are what I didn’t know, and yet they could have been what pulled me to her. The reason I stayed. Ivy had entangled our hearts, but all plants must be trimmed, just like how all flowers eventually wither. I suppose I have to be the one to cut back the snare, yet every time I try my life becomes a vanishing smoke, like the mist that covers my past.
​Lying on my back, looking up at the night sky above. The fog hides the star’s twinkle, there is no moon to give me light. The snow on the ground around me soaks through my t-shirt. It chills me to the bone, and yet I don’t feel it, I don’t feel anything, I can’t see anything. It is as though my entire body has given up, as though I have died. There is no warmth pulsing from my heart. The blood that flowed through my veins lies scattered and frozen around me. It had poured out of a wound in my side. I am dead. There’s no way I can be alive, but I live on. I see a light, but it is not heaven, it comes from my hand. From the unmalting ice I am clenching. Somehow, something lies beside me colder then the snow against my wounded skin. A person. She is dead too, for it is a she. Neither of us is alive or dead. Neither of us cares. I don’t see, I don’t feel, I sense the smile on her face. And I remember how we got here.
​Why is it that this is the memory that visited me? My last memory of her, of Rose. The time when my life faded from color, to red, to black. Then I see the field. The one from that night. Why am I here? Why do I let the absent thoughts dancing around my head lead me? There are so many questions now. There have been so many since that night six years ago, and none can be answered. Why am I here? Not at this field, not in this place, but why am I on this world still? Why did she go but not me? But I did leave. And I’m not coming back.

I'm sorry that this is unfinished but please comment to tell me where to go from this! :D

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 pm
Adriana says...

HI!! First of all, this is a great story you have here!! I love it!
uni8 wrote:I called her Rose. Rose for her soft red lips. Rose for her tall, slender, perfectly curved body. Rose for her delicate, silky skin. And rose for her thorns.

And what a powerful beginning!
Your narrative is great, full of emmotion and imagery. You make us empathize with the character from the start and this a good thing!
uni8 wrote:The snow on the ground around me soaks through my t-shirt. It chills me to the bone, and yet I don’t feel it, I don’t feel anything, I can’t see anything.

I don't think the "I don't see anything" is necessary here... Think about it...
uni8 wrote:Somehow, something lies beside me colder then the snow against my wounded skin.

I think you meant "colder THAN the snow", right?

One last thing: I don't think you should call it "chapter 1"... Maybe a "prologue" would be better...
Anyways, I love it and I can't wait to read more...
Keep writing and feel fre to PM me.
I'm sorry if anything I said here sounds harsh or offensive... It was not my intention.
Bye!!
xxAdrianaxx
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose
it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been
missing until it arrives.

"This is calm, and it's doctor!" (My DR. Reid -- Best line ever)

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:49 pm
Picklesole says...

Hey! I think this is awesome. It has a sweet mood, even though he and Rose are dead in a sense. I'm ninety-nine percent sure that the narrator is a boy. But if you could somehow make that just a little more clear that would would be great so that there isn't any doubt at all. I agree with Adriana about the beginning, it was a really strong hook, and I wanted to read more, and I was not disappointed. I also agree that this should be a Prolouge, not a first chapter. I'm also intersted in how you're going to tell the story. Is it just one big flashback? Does it start or end with that one night six years ago? Do all the questions you asked in the last paragraph get answered?

From the unmalting ice I am clenching.

This is unmelting, right?

Message me when you have another chapter up!

-Picklesole

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:47 am
CsJ93 says...

I think your imagery was AMAZING! It sounded as if you were writing a poem and not a story. It was Fantastic. I'm really interested in seeing where this story goes, so post the next chapter quick! I love a good vampire story :)

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats