z

Young Writers Society

Savior: Chapter Eleven

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:42 pm
AngelKnight900 says...

Madison

I had no idea how to react to this wedding. The big, fat, ring on my finger kept mocking me, reminding me why I was here. My hands shook as I tried to take off the dress. My family and friends couldn't stay any longer so I had no comfort. I had prayed ten thousand times today but I was still shaking.

I loved the look on Andre's face as I approached him that I swore it felt like I had a fever by my blushing. My heart pounded intensely and my hands shook, with my grip on the bouquet slipping. But what almost sent me into a heart attack were those eight words;"And now I pronounce you husband and wife". Everything was a blur from there.

"Madison, are you okay?" Andre was outside my door. " Can I come in?"

I quickly got out of the dress and got into some pajamas. I opened the door and there he stood, still in his tuxedo. It made me smile but he looked weary. His tie looked crumpled up and I could see a scowl creeping in.

"What's wrong?" we asked at the same time.

I noticed that I seemed to be shaking with him right in front of me. We looked at each other a little longer until I urged for him to come in. He went to sit down on my bed and I went to the mirror to braid my hair. I could see him looking at me from the mirror, but I tried to ignore his gaze.

"I like your braid." he said, after I was done.

I smiled. "Thanks."

The room remained quiet and I couldn't stand it. What does he want?

"Andre, is there something you want to tell me?" I asked

He shook his head and made a face, meaning it was absolutely something that was bothering him. I walked over to where he was sitting and carefully took off his wrecked tie. It was suppose to match my dress and what I liked most about it was the way the colors were arranged with each other. Like a splattered rainbow that just wanted to mess with your eyes.

He pulled me closer to him until I was on his lap. We haven't been this close for a long time.

I started playing with the tie and then he took it from me and intertwined his fingers with mine. He put his other arm around my waist and then he put his head on my shoulder. Then I started feeling the tears. He had a tight grip on me so I couldn't break free, not like I wanted to. His body started to shake and I started feeling useless. So I only did what I knew I could do. I prayed. As the words came out of my mouth, his sobbing started to stop and his body started to calm down. When I was done, he remained quiet for a while. I stripped him until he was in his undergarments and pushed him into bed. I got in with him and let my head rest on his chest.

"Thank you, Madison." he whispered

I wanted to ask what was wrong but I didn't want to ruin the moment.

"It's what wives do."

He chuckled at this and pulled me in closer.

"I wanted to tell you something."

My heart started pounding and I guess he could feel it too he started fumbling with his hands.

"I...I..."

A spark of adrenaline entered my body. He was finally going to say it.

"I...really like you."

That's it? Was that all he wanted to say?

The excitement inside of me got replaced with anger and betrayal. I shut my eyes closed to make it seem like I fell asleep and when I felt his body shift forward and back meaning he checked, I moved a few inches away from him. I felt him playing with my braid but before I could pull it away he started talking.

"I don't know why, but I can't say it," he said. " You'll probably laugh in my face or shut me out."

I wanted to open my eyes but I decided to keep them shut as he continued.

"I was crying because I was thinking of how much danger we're in and that when I finally get a girl like you, that I might lose you."

He got me closer to him and kissed my forehead.

Then in a non audible whisper, " I love you Madison."

I could feel the tears coming out and I couldn't control them. I was so happy. He wiped away my tears but they kept coming out. I never did this in my sleep so he woke me up.

"Madison, Madison.."

I opened my eyes and let the tears keep running down.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, but...I love you too."

He had a wide smile on. "Really?!"

I chuckled and wiped away some of my tears. "Yes."

Then right there, he gave me the most mesmerizing kiss. I started feeling lightheaded and I fell asleep, dreaming about having kids with Andre.
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:47 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

I love how much emotion you put in this! :D I haven't read the chapters before this but I most definitely will now. The only thing that really stands out to me as an editor would be that when she starts crying and you say "I never did this in my sleep so he woke me up". I didn't realize that the main character was sleeping. Other than that, great chapter!
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington