Young Writers Society

Savior:Chapter Eight

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:09 am
AngelKnight900 says...

Andre

"Andre Michaels!" my mom screamed. "What in God's name are you doing?!"

Madison pushed me off at my mom's voice and grabbed a nearby towel to cover herself. My mom stood several feet from the couch but I knew if I dared move, she would be right in front of me faster than I could blink. Her eyes had a sort of fire blazing from them and I noticed the size of her biceps and the veins ready to appear under her skin. She was furious.

"Madison, I think it's time you go and change, " my mom managed to say in a calm tone. "And read your bible afterwards."

Madison was scarlet red and she walked up to her room with her head down. I could see the guilt following after her.

Mom went to go sit on the other couch, near where I was. She crossed her legs and looked at me sternly.

"What did I say?" she asked.

"Mom, I was just-"

"What did I say Andre?"

"I know what you said." I mumbled

"Yes and it seems like you were just disobeying a rule I told both of yo-"

"It wasn't what you thought."

"But if I didn't come, it probably would have gone very far."

I sighed in frustration. She was right but I didn't want to admit it.

"You like this girl, right?"

I nodded in response.

"Well, I got everything handled. You guys have three weeks till your wedding"

"What?!"

"Don't worry. It's not official. We just need somethings to show that you're an actual married couple, so they won't take her away. Do you want them to take her away?"

"No, but seriously..." I started to laugh. "Are you trying to hook me up or is this for her own protection? I want her to be safe but what if she can't go back on this? And what about her parents and her friends?"

"I also got that under control. Her parents are coming tonight."

"I don't get it. Why couldn't we pose as brother and sister or cousins?"

"Then they're going to wonder about your parents and could you really pose as brother and sister? 'Incest' is not pretty, honey."

"I can control my emotions and-"

"Andre, you're just like your father," she said this with a sigh. " Can't commit."

"I...I..."

"Don't I get a say in this?" asked Madison from atop the stairs

She walked down the stairs and stood a few feet from the couches, crossing her arms.

"My parents are not going to approve this."

"They aren't but they have no choice. They might send your brother instead."

There was a long pause and the only thing that could be heard was the waterfall coming from outside. I looked at Madison but she refused to look at me.

"What time is he or they coming?" she asked my mom.

"In about an hour."

"Let's get ready." she told me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dean, Madison's brother, was scary. I could see how he looked at me from the corner of his eye. The more times he looked at me, the more I got scared for my life. I didn't want to die early.

We were gathered around the dinner table eating some Chinese. Madison was sitting next to her brother and by to the way he smiled at her every time they exchanged a few words and the way he looked at the way I looked at hist sister, I could tell he was both close and protective of her.

"When is this 'wedding' happening?" he asked my mom. His deep voice had some sort of authority to it.

"In three weeks?" my mom answered.

"Will we have to seriously plan this. Or is it just something casual?"

"Casual. It's not a real wedding."

"Good." he looked at me when he said that. "I remember you as a freshman Andre. Every time I came across you guys, you were always talking about 'cars'" I knew what he meant by cars. " You always wanted to get these different cars. Every week, a new car. What you drive now?"

"A porsche..."

"And a beautiful car it is, isn't it"

I nodded.

"I hope nothing happens to that beautiful car. They need a lot of care you know, and dedication."

I get where Dean is coming from but he needs to relax. I'm going to protect this girl with my life.

"Well, ever since I got her-the car I mean, I promised to always take care of it."

Madison smiled at me.

"Let's see in three weeks. That's when your car needs some inspection." This was both literal and metaphorical.

We both stared at each other for a while and I went to go take Madison's hand. She looked at me in surprise.

"We need to get you fitted for a ring," then I kissed her hand. "I can't wait for you to put it on."

I ignored the death stare that Dean gave me and got out of my seat, cleaned my plate, and walked to the garage. I sat inside my car and closed my eyes. I knew what I had to do.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wasn't too serious over this "wedding" but I could feel a sort of pressure whenever the event came back to mind. Every time I look at Madison, I keep thinking to myself so that is my soon to be wife.

Ever since we got caught by my mom, Madison has been keeping a fair distance from me. It was just a simple make-out session but to her, it was like we had sex.

"Hi." I said, when she got out of her room, in the hallway. It's a week from our wedding.

"Hi." she replied. She's in her bathrobe.

She walked past me and went to the bathroom across the hall. I followed her but made it seem like I was going downstairs. She went in and I waited till I could hear the water pouring. I went downstairs to get a drink and I quickly ran back upstairs. I had to do this test.

I quietly opened the door but I didn't care when I slammed it close. I could hear her quickly shut off the shower.

"Andre?"

I chuckled. "Yes?"

"Umm...what are you doing here?"

"Well I needed to get ready. We're picking your ring out today."

"Well, I need some privacy here."

"Just wrap a towel around yourself."

I grabbed a towel from the cabinet and shoved it to her, moving the curtain. She stood there wide eyes even though the towel covered her "private parts". She took the towel and gestured for me to turn around. She forgot that there was a mirror on the other side of the room, but then she smacked me on the head.

"Close your eyes."

I could feel her climb out of the shower and I watched her go up to the mirror. I could see her watching me from the corner of her eye as she combed her hair and then started brushing her teeth. I slowly took off my shirt and I noticed that her face was changing colors. I went next to her and started stretching. I then stretched to get the toothpaste from her side and I could feel her body heat going up.

"You feeling okay?" I asked, putting my hand on her forehead. "You seem tense."

She shook my hand off and then went to brush her hair.

"I got you something." I've been keeping this heart necklace for a long time. It was my mom's and it was some sort of gift I always wanted to give to the right girl.

I got behind her and put the necklace around her neck. I pulled back her wet hair and watched her smile as she looked at it but the smile never came.

"Andre...what are you trying to do?"

"I...I..."

She turned around and quickly looked down. "Just say it. Don't play games."

I brought her face to mine. "Look at me."

We met eyes and I tried my best not to just kiss her.

"What do you want?"

She looked at me as if I was already suppose to know. "I...don't want-"

"You want a relationship Madison. It shows."

"I just don't want to be hurt."

I was known for breaking hearts. Could I protect hers? I looked at her for a while.

"You won't"

"Promise?"

"Promise."
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria