z

Young Writers Society

Savior: Chapter Nine

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:46 am
AngelKnight900 says...

Madison

Andre was confused about something. I didn't know if it was his fear of committing even though this was fake or because he wasn't trained to do this kind of stuff; to do a relationship...the right way.

I felt like I was contradicting myself when it was coming to this situation. I feel like I have found the right guy but I knew it was wrong to fall into a marriage or whatever it was right now. I didn't think that God was going to be pleased. I prayed for the past weeks but God didn't give me a sign that I had to run away from this. Maybe it was something I already knew and he was waiting for me to act upon it.

I remember Andre came rushing in my room after hearing me praise God. I get unbelievably emotional in my prayers and he came in and wrapped me in his arms, rocking me back and forth. I continued praying and it only took him a few minutes to realize that nothing was wrong.

I want to introduce Andre to God, but I didn't want to force it on him. The only thing I could do now was be happy and try to get through this.

The wedding was tomorrow and the box that held the ring was on the nightstand. My hands shook and I was pacing around the room. I saw my wedding dress too and it was beautiful. It was strapless but it also had lace sleeves. What I thought was unique about it was that it was in the colors of the rainbow and even though I would find this ridiculous, I loved it.

Teresa and May were coming to the wedding but they were suppose to tell their parents that they were simply going out camping. It's surprising how much freedom their parents give them. I sent them a picture of the dress and we ended up talking for hours. Then the conversation got serious.

"Madison, when do you think this is going to end?" asked Teresa

My heart sank and I let out a huge sigh. " I don't know."

"Do you...want to be with him?"

"Don't tell May,but yes."

"What?!" May had grabbed the phone from Teresa "You like a member of the opposite sex. Has God answered my prayers. You guys should go out and have some last minute fun!"

"May..." I whined

"Please. Please. Please. Madison, you got to loosen up a little bit," she urged "Surprise him. I know what you should do."

"Okay, what?"

"You got those big hoop earrings you had...that night?" I could feel a change in her tone when she said those last two words.

"Yeah."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe what I saw. The mousse had made my hair very curly and the big hoop earrings did add a nice touch to my outfit. The outfit consisted of a short pink skirt and a racerback tanktop. The stilletos did nothing but torture me but I felt, sexy. I never thought that I would one day say that. I practiced walking around, tripping a couple times, until I could actually look good. When I was ready, I opened my door and stepped right out.

My click-clack of my heels were heard on the hardwood floor. Andre was watching a football game but when he turned around, the football game seemed to have disappeared.

He cocked his eyebrow and then smiled and chuckled. "Where you going, beautiful?"

I blushed and was about to rock on my heels, till I realized how impossible it was. "You want to go out tonight?"

"It depends...if I blink my eyes, will this beautiful girl still be here?"

"Yes, she will."

He quickly went to change and soon we were out on the road, driving to the park where they were holding some type of concert. I made an excuse to go get a snow cone from a vendor and there I met with Teresa and May.

"Someone's looking gorgeous," May said. "If I was a guy. I would be all over you."

I laughed. "Good to know May"

"Are you ready?"Teresa asked. "I can tell he's going to like this."

"He's coming over here!" May exclaimed. "Good luck."

I could feel Andre's arms wrap around me and his breath on my neck.

"Did you know those girls? They kind of look familiar."

I wasn't the one for lying so I decided to change the subject. "It's really nice outside, isn't it?"

He lay his head on mine. "Very."

"I can't wait for the next performance."

"Yeah..."

"Can you go sit down and wait for me?" I asked

He looked at me weirdly.

"Trust me. I'm just doing something."

He left and I looked at the musicians on the stage. The manager went to me and told me that I was next.

"Okay, here is our next performer. She goes by the name Madison. This is a song she's dedicating to her, hear this, her fiancee"-maybe I should invite him to the wedding-"Young love these days. Give a round of applause for Madison Williams"

The beat for the song "Only Wanna Give It To You" by Elle Varner ft. J. Cole came on. I could see Andre watch in amazement as I made it onstage. I usually sang gospel songs but this song was the only secular song of a few that I was obsessed with it.

I took a deep breath and let the first line come out of my mouth. If I get this right, it will be a deal breaker.

"Thought that you were just another Romeo,"

His eyes lit up. I did my job well.

I continued on with the song with dancing and I kept singing my heart out. The most fun I had in years. Jake, Teresa's boyfriend came in to do the rapping and Tyler directed the instruments. May and Teresa were my back-up singers.

After I was done, words were not enough to describe it as Andre got onstage and kissed me, never letting me go.

"Best thing a girl has ever done for me." he whispered, and then kissed me again.

I was looking forward to tomorrow.
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

Random avatar

Reviews: 31
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:28 pm
Tranquility says...

hey :) Just read the whole novel and apart from a few small issues I loved it!
I especially love how you build up the characters and you do descriptive passages
really well. One thing that maybe you could work on is how realistic the story
is- give more of a reason why those men want her, why getting 'married'
will keep them away, and how all the parents etc are not putting up too much of
a fuss. Other than that though its awesome.
Keep writing!
T x
This is what we do. Lift our eyes to the snarl and smile of the world once more.With love: the passionate search for a truth other than our own. With longing: the pure, ineffable yearning to be saved. For so long as fate keeps waiting, we live on. God help us. God forgive us. We live on. - Shantaram

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor