z

Young Writers Society

If Tomorrow Comes Chapter Two

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:59 am
justhoppy12 says...

Chapter Two

Ugh. I hate Monday’s. It’s like when your mom cuts your hair, and you hate it. That’s what Monday’s feel like to me, the worst part of the week, in my opinion. But for some strange reason, I’m in a good mood. And that’s rare in my world. Usually I give Seashell a evil, “you better not make me mad” look and she always says, “Your face is going to stay like that if you keep that up!” giggling when I stick my tongue at her.

“Tell me why I’m happy.” I ask her, as we head to our lockers before class.

“Hm, I think it’s because of that boy you like. What’s his name? Asher! The one that sits in front of you in history class?” she teases, as she opens her locker. I stare at her with disbelief and my face turns scarlet.

“How do you know that I like him?” I demand, forcing my locker open.

“Because, I see the way you stare at the back of his head, and you always have this dreamy look on your face.” She states, and I groan.

“Well, I’m sure that he doesn’t like me back. Maybe as a friend?”

She stares at me, and shakes her head. “Ash, you know that he does. He treats you like Robert did. And I see the way you look at him.” Without saying anything more, she slams her locker shut, and walks down the hall to her next class.

“What are you?? Cupid?!” I shout after her, and the tardy bell rang. Crap, late again! I race after her, still thinking about what she said, “He treats you like Robert did.”

Right after our talk by the lockers, she was right. It’s like she had put a magical over me. When I ran down the hall, and opened the door, Asher looked up at me and smiled. Keep your cool, Ash. Don’t freak out because he’s looking at you. Just go sit down and look at the board. I walk down the rows of desks, and slide into my seat. Asher turned around, winked at me, and turned back around. I gaped at what he just did, and spent the rest of the hour in la la land. After class was over, I made my way out of class and as I was walking down the hall to my locker, Asher comes rushing after me.

“Ashley! Wait up!” he calls from behind.

Oh my gosh, this is major Déjà vu. I turn around and smile.

“Oh, hey Asher! What’s up? Something wrong?” I ask, heart pounding.
“I wanted to ask you, if you wanted to go to the beach and hang out this Saturday.” He says, leaning against the other lockers. I almost choke when he asks me. He’s asking me out! This is so strange? Did Seashell tell him that I like him??

“I would like that very much.” I slowly say, making him hang onto every word. He lets out a breath and smiles.

“Great! I’ll pick you up at one, if that’s okay with you?”

“Perfect.”

“Great! Well, here’s my number: 1-459-6621” he hands me a piece of paper with his number on it. I slip it into the front pocket of my backpack.

“Thanks! Well, I have to run. See you Saturday!” I quickly say, close my locker, and walk off. Asher stands there watching her leave. Wow, I finally did it. There is something about her, that’s different. I like it. He thinks to himself. Today, he had finally gotten out of his comfort zone. He walks down the hall, to his own locker, now with a happy bounce in his step.

“Oh my gosh! Are you serious?” Seashell asks her, excitedly. She is blushing madly, and Seashell smiles. She loves to she her best friend smile. But inside she is down. Tomorrow, she has to break some bad news to her, and it’s not going to go well.

“Yes! And the way he stared at me and the way he leaned against the lockers while asking me! It was rather adorable!” I gush, my face getting redder by the second. I look at Seashell, and I notice that she had gotten quiet. Her face is drawn with worry, and I begin to get worried.

“Is something wrong?” I ask, placing a hand on her shoulder. She pastes a smile on her face.

“No, nothings wrong. I have to get going. I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

“Okay! See ya later!” I reply, and she walks down the hall and out the doors. I call my mom to remind her that I’m going to the library to work on my English project. I go out the school door, and start walking down the side walk as my mind reels. I hope Seashell is alright. Maybe she’s just tired, or she just has a lot to do on the project still. I’ll ask her again tomorrow. I think to myself, as I reach the library and walk up the stone stairs. The library is mostly empty at the moment, with a couple people scattered around. I go to a corner table, and on my way over there, I see my teacher, Mr. Salmon reading a book titled; “Teaching for Dummies.” I chuckle and pull out a chair. No wonder he’s been crabby lately! I pull out my copy of “The Diary of Anne Frank.” and my notebook for English. I personally don’t care for it, basically because she irritates me. Other than that, I like the story. I open the book and begin reading.

A couple of hours pass, and I’m already in the middle of the book, and has 5 pages of notes written. Just as I was about to turn the page, my phone vibrates on the table loudly. I flip it open and see it’s a text from Seashell. It read, “Hey. I need to talk to you. It’s important. Come to the beach in 10 minutes.” I reply, “Okay, I’m at the library. Be there in 10.” Then I pack my stuff up and walk past Mr. Salmon, who is still there reading intently, and walk out the door.

What is going on with her?

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14