z

Young Writers Society

Clone

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:38 am
Stori says...

I'm definitely not what you'd call average. I'm one of the only pair of human clones sanctioned by the government.

How it all came about is a long story. Suffice it to say, it was a freak accident. Mom never knew she had me and Clark until two months after she conceived. I don't know about you, but I call that negligence.

"Hey, brother, get up."

I roll over on my side. "I'm awake, Clark. Give me two minutes."

He grins. "I won't give you any time if you want bacon and eggs."

"You little scamp, where did you get the eggs?"

"Not telling! It's a secret."

I fold my arms and sigh. Well, brothers keep their secrets. I think that's especially true with clones. When you share everything, even the same bedroom, it's tough not to.

My hip twinges, reminding me of an old fight. Those blasted doctors haven't set the bone right, and I was paying.

"Let me help you." Clark bends down and places a hand on my injury. In a moment the pain is gone.That little talent comes in handy. He can absorb pain and fatigue, but it costs him. He staggers as the drain hits him.

"Thanks," I say. Then I reach for a shirt. A big blue one catches my fingers. I slip it on and let it fall to my waist. Next is a pair of faded cargo shorts. Then I comb my brown hair into a neat part.

A few feet away, Clark goes through the same routine. His hair is longer and darker than mine; don't ask me why.

"So," Doc's voice comes over the intercom. "Are you two finally up?"

"Stuff it doc," I mutter. He makes a rude noise.

Clark gives me a thumbs up.
Last edited by Stori on Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:41 am
Evangelina says...

I fold my arms and sigh. Well, brothers keep their secrets. I think that's especially true with clones.

^^ mind explaining that?

It's quite a good start! Loooove the dialogue; it is humorous, realistic yet aloof.

Some detail could be added to give the story more body.

Will be waiting for more.
-Evang.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:00 am
MadHatter says...

Your story's got potential but you needed to give some more details to make the begining more inticing. You could have delved a bit deeper into his childhood, or even just hinted a little bit more into his past. Describe the his appearance as well.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:25 am
Rigel says...

The beginning is a bit blunt, but yeah. The dialogue is nice. There's not a whole lot to review here, but it seems like a good start...to something.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Frederick101 says...

this is really good, i want to read the rest of this story. You describe whats going on really well.
"Your Mother Was a Hamster! And Your Father Smelled of Elderberries!" ~~French Soldier, Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:52 pm
kshsj777 says...

I like the dialogue, too. I'll read pt2 & pt3

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:25 am
PsychicNinja says...

Sorry, I may just be confused, but clones aren't really "born". So that didn't make sense to me. The dialogue was good, and i think the others pointed some things out I wanted to. I don't really like how you jumped between the story-dialogue and then explaining stuff. It was kinda abrupt.

Sounds good, though!

~Jedi Master Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:18 am
order says...

THis is a pretty good beginning. Explaining things more a bit here would be good, but I think it would be really cool if you sort of explained things as the story progresses. When you put it all together, this part should draw the reader's attention since they want to know everything that's going on and the rest should answer the questions in pieces. Just enough to keep the reader reading but not so much that they can predict anything.

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew