z

Young Writers Society

MTS

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:04 am
NightsDreamer2277 says...

((Comments are appreciated specifically on storyline and charaters))
The memory dissipated into nothing. Looking around her sister's mind, Sari found nothing of significance. Receding into her own, the elder girl sighed. Kissing her sister's forehead, the MTS student headed to her adjacent room to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~
In the Dark
Rubella walked silently through the halls, her eyes nervous. Glancing every where to ensure that she was alone, she headed into the gym. She knew that no one came there during the night hours, but the teen could feel someone watching her. Slipping over to her locker, the magician pulled out a small black vial and sighed as she checked one more time before undoing the stopper.

"Suppressing your powers would be much easier if you actually let the Major know you needed help," Kochi said from the shadows behind her.

He had observed her doing this before, not once, but many times. Though he wasn't sure where she went, he knew that the next day, her powers would be under complete control instead of their usual wild state. His eyes shone with concern for her. "Ruby, your power is wild, but controlling it like this is dangerous. What if it doesn't work?"

Surprised by his appearance, the magician sighed darkly. "Leave me alone, Kochi…" she snapped. "And it will work because it always does, provided I get the vaccine once a month."

Doubt shone in his storm gray eyes as he shook his head. "Under whose word?" he challenged. "Yours? Some how I doubt it, Ruby. You're smart, but you aren't a medical scientist. And your once a month disappearing off grounds is too regular. So where do you get this information?"

"I have a friend at the compound," the magician confessed softly. "He's known me for a very long time and he was the one who developed this cure. Even all those years ago in the mutant facility, he still snuck it to me. I have no reason to doubt his words after he's helped me so much."

The eyes that watched her still did not hold their usual spark. Shaking his head, the earth mutant sighed darkly. "Let me go with you this time," he insisted, feeling this was dangerous for her somehow. "Please… after the raid we did last week, you may need help in case of trouble. Your friend will probably be under close watch… and he may have already sold you out. Something tells me that you will need help. So do you want me…or the Major?"

Frustrated, she glared at him. Golden eyes reluctant, she motioned for him to come over and hold her wrist. "Come here… Hold on tightly. Once I drink this we'll automatically jump to the compound," she warned as he grasped on.

Quickly downing the mixture, she closed her eyes and they transported to a large metal room. A young man stood waiting, his gentle eyes concerned then relieved as Ruby appeared. "You're a bit late, so we'll have to hurry," he said, motioning for her to sit down before noticing Kochi. "Oh, you must be one of Ruby's friends. I'm Dr. Vilas."

"Nice to meet you, sir," he replied. "I'm Kochi. I just wanted to accompany Ruby this time, so please don't let me slow you down."

Nodding somewhat quickly, the doctor drew out a syringe that held a simmering blue-green mixture. Strapping down Ruby's arms, just as he usually did to prevent her from flinching away when he slid the needle into her arm; the young man glanced at his chart. Checking everything thoroughly before slowly injecting the compound, Vilas sighed.

"Is this a new strain that you've made, Vilas?" Rubella asked, seeing the color of the liquid. "It doesn't seem to have as much chromium."

He nodded silently again. Kochi could sense that something was off. This was too odd, to suddenly have a new vaccine for her… and the odd treatment. Ruby had said that they were friends, but he was being too quiet. Senses on full alert, the mutant could feel the tremble as the doctor worked.

Ruby gasped slightly as the stuff seeped into her blood stream. It hurt slightly, and made her feel tired as he removed the needle. Noting Vilas's nervous glance toward the door, she enhanced her hearing magically to hear the thudding of several boots outside and voices. Looking up as Vilas bumped into a small table, she noted the streaks that glistened palely in the light. Panic now rose in her throat as she realized they had been betrayed. "What did you put in there?!" she yelled at Vilas as Kochi sprang forward to jam the door.

The doctor had tears sliding out of the corner of his eyes as he stared at the wall regretfully. "I had to do it… They were going to kill Katherine," he whispered before looking over at her. "It's a sleeping compound that they gave me. It will start to mess with your abilities shortly and in about twenty minutes, you will be asleep."

"Kochi, hold tight," she shouted as he completed the final pillar to jam the door. Running over he grasped her hands as she caused them to transport. However, in her tired state they didn't get far.

Landing outside the compound in the forest, Kochi stumbled to his feet. Running with Rubella as fast as his feet could take him, the two attempted to avoid the numerous guard patrols. As shouts were heard behind them, Kochi realized that they were in some trouble.
Last edited by NightsDreamer2277 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When you need a stress relief, simply count to twenty. If you get to twenty and your still mad, go to a hundred. If you are mad after that, then go find some anger management, because we seriously have just wasted two minutes."-- Jazz

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:01 pm
JabberHut says...

Hello, sorry for the wait. My school decided I should work more than critique. :lol: So I'm doing this at school! :wink:

"Leave me alone, Kochi…" she snapped, [period instead] "And it will work because it always does, provided I get the vaccine once a month."

"Please… after the raid we did last week, you may need help [s]incase [/s] in case] of trouble.

Irately, she glared at him.

I'm always unsure about the word irately. Maybe she glared at him irritably will work? That or throw irately at the end of your sentence, I guess.

Once I drink this, we'll automatically jump to the compound," she warned as he grasped on.

Nodding somewhat quickly, the doctor drew out a syringe that held a simmering green blue mixture.

This is a nit-pick from the old artist inside of me. Primary colors go first when naming colors like these. And don't forget the dash. So it should be blue-green instead. :D

Once again, very good! You write very well, your descriptions are good, and your sentence variety is excellent. ^^

I'd probably pick out your character development, but it might just be because I haven't read your work in some time.

You should try to get more people to read your work. You do write very well, but there are other critiquers out there who do better than me. :)

Anyway, good job. Keep writing! ^^

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:27 am
NightsDreamer2277 says...

Thank you once again for the critique! It's nice to get back some opinions on my work.
"When you need a stress relief, simply count to twenty. If you get to twenty and your still mad, go to a hundred. If you are mad after that, then go find some anger management, because we seriously have just wasted two minutes."-- Jazz

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers