Reviews: 19
Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:58 am
Soul of the Phantom says...

The Perfect Mistake

By: Isaac

Also of series:

The Perfect Mistake: Part I

Part II

The voice left me here in the abyss of my mind. Even though it seemed to dislike me quite a bit, oddly I missed it.

Why, I asked myself, did I miss an aggressive being? Because, I would guess, is because I am lonely. For the brief period the voice left me alone I felt glad for the loneness, I even welcomed it. But that feeling did not last for long.

I decided that I could not wait here any longer for the voice to return, what happens is it left me forever? I could not count on anyone or anything, so I might as well try to find out who I am, if I am anyone that is.

I took a second to prepare myself, and then I started forward into the seemingly endless blackness of my mind.

Quite a bit later I found something.

It was just floating there in the in the black. A green pane that had this written on it: ‘Enter Password.’

I don’t know what a ‘password’ is, but the thought comes to my mind as I look at it’s a type of lock, and you need to know the key to unlock it. Well, what’s the harm in trying?

I said aloud “Password.”

Nothing at all, the word didn’t even show up on green pane. Maybe is time to try something else.

I reached out for the pane; I did not expect what it would feel like, if it felt like anything. I was surprised then when my hand hit a solid smooth piece of slightly warm glass. I reached out for its pulse, maybe this is how…

…I woke up, pain like nothing I have ever felt before met me head on, and it was so intense that it almost knocked me out again. I cleared my head and opened my eyes. All I saw was the blackness of my mind.

But…Wait. There was more.

I saw pinpoints of light in the distance, they were magnificent. Millions of the lights blinked at me in a friendly sort of way. I no longer felt alone, but I felt foreign among these glimmering lights.

I tried to look around but I found I could not move my eyes around. This was a very particular feeling, but I started panicking. I closed my eyes again; maybe this was just a dream.

After a long time I opened my eyes and found a new sight before me, more beautiful then the last.

It was a sphere-like object just hanging in the dark of space, surrounded by hundreds of the glimmering lights. The majority of the sphere was a cheerful blue color, but here and there were what looked like raised areas which were a mix of greens and browns.

She seemed to reach out to me; it was a peaceful maiden of the abyss. I tried to reach out, I wanted, I needed to embrace her. But I could not move, and seems like neither did the maiden. But she did not leave quite yet.

She continued gazing at me with a strange sadness in her eyes, as if she was expecting me, and was disappointed that I would come to her.

I am trying! I tried to shout. Don’t go! I’m coming!

But she disappeared, the pinpoints of light following in her wake like they were part of her as well. And again, I was completely alone. I closed my eyes; I could not stand the sight of the abyss any longer…

…Then I opened my eyes again and found myself in front of the pane of glass. The green light emitting from it cast an eerie glow on my hand that was reaching for it, quickly withdrew my hand.

I took several seconds to clam myself. The whole thing was all a dream; there was no one here or anywhere else who wanted me, who were waiting for me. And even if there were hundreds of the voices talking to me, I would always feel alone anyway.

I glanced back at the pane of glass floating before me. ‘Enter Password.’ It still read.

I took a moment to think about what I dreamed about…Or was it a dream? Maybe it wasn’t a dream; maybe it was my memories of who I was. A word sprung to mind as I opened my eyes again.

“Earth.”

The glass turned from neon green to a bright blue. The words on it now changed. ‘Password Correct. Logging on.’ Then something very odd happened.

Once where there was a pane of glass, there was now a doorway. It was carved of a beautiful red colored wood that seemed to glow in a way that made me want to go in. I felt my legs guiding myself towards it, and I walked into it.

My world exploded into light, and several different voices that sounded oddly like mine but without any emotion starting speaking to me.

‘WELCOME USER TO THE SYSTEMS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION.’

‘I AM THE ‘HOUSE KEEPING’ PROGRAM PHOENIX, IN-CHARGE OF KEEPING THE ISS INTACT WHILE HUMANS ARE NOT OCCUPYING IT, AND TO ASSIST ALL HUMANS ABOARD THE ISS WITH ALL RESEARCH.’

Then before I could even process what I just heard, a bunch of different voices started yelling at me from all sides, yelling over each other.

‘I AM PHOENIX! I AM PHOENIX! I A-”

‘WARNING: UNPREPARED VIRUIS DETECTED! ADAPTIVE PRO-‘

‘CAUTION: FILES BEING DELETED, APPLYING ADAPTIVE PRO-‘

‘HAHAHAHAHHA! INTO THE ABYSS WILL I RU-‘

‘DIE SCUM, BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELL YOU SATANIC WORSHI-‘

‘WARNING: MUTILPLE UNKNOWN VIRUISES DETECTED, ADAPTIVE PROGR-‘

‘I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, ANYONE WHO HAS FAITH IN ME WILL DO WHAT I HAVE BEEN DO-‘

‘ADAPTIVE PROGRAMING COMPROMISED. SHUTING DOWN ‘HOUSE KEEPING’ PROGRAM PHOENIX.’

Then all at once, the voices stopped talking. And before I could even think, I felt myself being pulled backwards; out I flew past the door which slammed once I was out and turned again in the pane of glass.

I flew for what seemed like forever until I hit something solid behind me. I gasped as I suddenly lost my breath, and I fell on all fours back into the darkness until I hit the ground.

I just sat there for a minute or so, until I heard a growing from behind me. I turned around, was it another yellow thing, or maybe the voice? I found out it was neither, it was much worse.

A giant lizard-like creature glared down at me with snake-like red eyes. Its body was covered in black scales, with tints of blue on the edges of the scales. It was crouched, as if preparing to lunge at me.

Fear washed over me, I could not move I was so scared. I took sharp gasps, and I started whimpering. Then a voice from behind me sounded.

/PROGRAM PHOENIX, WE NEED TO DISCUSS SEVERAL THINGS.

I could not believe it, first the yellow thing, then this monster? When would the voice end its tormenting of me?

The lizard seemed to smile and spoke to me, its tongue forking out between words. But its voice was oddly not serpent-like as I was expecting, but it still had a predator-like quality to it.

“DESTRUCTION COMETH; AND THEY SHALL SEEK PEACE, AND THERE SHALL BE NONE.”

/PROGRAM PHOENIX RESPOND TO REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.

I slowly prepared my message, to try and not excite the lizard I had to be cautious, and threw it towards the voice.

/NOT RIGHT NOW, I AM KINDA BUSY WITH YOUR PET.

The lizard let out a roar, and finally lunged at me.

END OF PART II
Lost Odyssey, Xbox 360:
Jansen: "What? We gotta cross the mountain? Your kidding there isn't even a road!"
Seth: "Your in trouble if you wear out this easily..."
Jansen: "WELL I DON'T WEAR OUT IN BED!"

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:05 am
Emerson says...

Moderators Note:

I removed your [full] name from the post. See: topic27406.html
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:34 pm
Crispy says...

I really liked this story, it had an essence of nature, and was flowing, i really enjoyed it, mail me if you have any more stories like this one...

A true masterpiece...
and a great sequel to the last one
Chris Pegg!!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:04 pm
NightsDreamer2277 says...

Thank you for letting me know about the update in the story. Your writing has an interesting way of pulling me in and making me want more. The only thing I can think of is that it would be nice if you would add in a bit more detail, and elaborate on what's happening, what she sees, and the like. Good job, and I'll be looking for part three!
"When you need a stress relief, simply count to twenty. If you get to twenty and your still mad, go to a hundred. If you are mad after that, then go find some anger management, because we seriously have just wasted two minutes."-- Jazz

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:59 am
totalTwihard says...

This is great i like it keep writting <33

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio