z

Young Writers Society

(Unnamed) chapter four part 2

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Stealth_Slicer says...

Four hours later.

A blizzard had blown up so we had to walk to the rendezvous point. We couldn’t see further than five meters through the white fog. It was so cold I thought I was going to get hypothermia. Not to mention Soraka who hadn’t even bothered to wear anything. I was wearing a thick brown thermal coat that I planned to remove once inside.

“See anything?” Soraka asked from in front of me.

“White! That count?” I asked. Soon a black shape began to materialize from the fog. Soraka snapped up his weapon.

Soraka had a VG-86 assault rifle. The main body was a silver oblong. A black trapezium shaped grip sat close to the built in barrel of the gun. The front of the weapon sloped backwards, giving it a rather nice look. The trigger grip was a cylinder angled backwards slightly. The clip was behind the trigger grip; it was a small silver thirty-two round drum magazine. The stock was just a continuation of the body that was level on the top, and had a second small oblong straight down.

I was unarmed.

“Took you long enough!” Seeko shouted stepping closer.

“Yeah well this blizzard wasn’t supposed to be here. Lets get to work,” Soraka said.

We walked over to a small ice cave, just big enough to walk through. Seeko walked inside, and soon came to a metal door. The door had a strange picture on it, the picture was of a Drakeo skull in a thick circle above the circle read: S.C.A.R. No handle or keypad was visible. Seeko reached down to her belt opened a small pouch and took out a small silver orb. She inserted it into a small crevice in the skulls left eye then placed it back in its pouch. The door immediately responded; it parted down the middle and slid apart into the ice. The inside was almost pitch-black. It felt like looking into the gaping mouth of a huge animal. Seeko pulled two pistols from their holsters, and activated the light on each of them.

The pistols looked like ancient Desert Eagles, but the sides weren’t slanted the clip with was smaller and the body was much longer, a torch was mounted under the barrel of each; they were a metallic black colour.

The corridor was entirely metal, the walls floor and ceiling were all grey; the same picture from the door was half way down the left wall. I took off the coat and felt it by the door. We swiftly progressed down the corridor to a T joint. From there we went left down an almost identical corridor. After about five minutes of walking we reached another door, just like the one at the entrance, however there was no slot for Seeko’s orb.

“Now what?” I asked.

“I don’t know lockdown procedures shouldn’t have been activated,” Seeko said, “We should find the closest security console and find an alternate route. But that is easier said than done; I don’t know the locations of the consoles,”

“Ok let’s go,” Soraka said. We were about to move out when a strange noise caused us to all freeze. The sound was like an angered moan or roar.

“Tell me that was you,” Soraka said to me. I shook my head.

“Stay quiet and follow me,” Seeko ordered, moving away down the opposite corridor. We stayed close to Seeko as she moved down corridor after corridor quickly and quietly. She turned a corner and froze.

“What?” I asked stepping round the turn.

The sight was grim.

Three Drakeo corpses were in the corridor; each had a look of shock in their eyes. The body closest to me was a green Drakeo. He was lying on his back, and had several claw like marks across its chest and throat. The cuts were deep and long, whatever had inflicted the damage had cut through his flesh with ease. I looked at the second; he was a metallic yellow. He has mainly been slashed across the neck. The final Drakeo was brown. He was lying on his stomach and I couldn’t see his wounds.

Another thing I noticed was that all of them had the S.C.A.R tattoo on they’re right arm.

“So he wasn’t lying after all,” Seeko muttered under her breath. I think she didn’t want anyone to hear, but I did.

Something stepped into view.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am
Apple says...

Like I said before really good! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: There my present to you (four dancing elephants...awesome!!!!)
I spy!

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman