z

Young Writers Society

Creating Emily part 3

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 am
SilentOllie says...

While I was at school, I silently prayed that my mind would be spared another painful migraine, and life would continue as normal as possible. Walking out in the courtyard I spied the boy who’d called himself Michael Sparks- the one I’d seen in the office the day before. Breathing out I strolled over to him, and he smiled easily at me, filling me with more confidence.
“Hey Emily- I trust that you’re feeling better?” Trust? What an odd choice of words.
“Oh um yeah, actually I am- thanks for asking. How are you?”
“I’m great, but hey- all my days are practically the same you know? Like my life’s on repeat, as if it’s programmed that way.” He glanced sideways at me when he said this, and my eyes widened a little at this. Programmed? Feeling a wave of pain come over me I excused myself and took off to the bathroom. Running cold water on my face I inhaled and exhaled deeply. What was wrong with me? I stood upright as I heard the door open, and in walked Diana. Oh great, just what I needed. I prepared myself for the petty and snide comments I knew she’d throw at me, but instead she walked right past me. I stared straight at the mirror and eventually my eyes wandered over to hers. I found us staring at each other.
“Um- can I help you with something?” A twisted grin broke out across her face, and I instantly regretted it.
“Actually yes- there is,” her arm shot out and pushed me against the cold mirror. What the hell?! I gripped her arm with both of mine, god she sure was strong for a ditz. “Emily, it’s time for you to come back, whether you’re ready or not.” She smiled with eyes as hard as stones, as I struggled.
“Stop Diana!” I managed, who did she think she was? Something snapped inside of me as she continued her stupid fake smile, I felt a fire burning my hands and legs. Kicking out my foot found her neck. Diana let go instantly, and she stumbled against the stall.
“You’re strong, aren’t you?” Rushing out of the bathroom, I stood there dumbfounded and freaked out. Oh. My. Lord.

Sorry everyone, I haven't worked on this story much...I have a part 1& 2 of course, feel free to read them. Here's the 3rd =)

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:27 am
captain.classy says...

I am loving this story more and more! I am dissapointed that this was so short, though. It was not satisfying! Next time, post a longer chapter.

That was a very odd line for that other girl to say... hmm.

The only negative thing I have to say is that the 'programmed' incident just wasn't... well it was weird. I mean, I can guess that Emily is like, a robot or something, but I think you need to explain more. If this is the third chapter, we should have some sense of a plot, and right now I don't know what's happening.

So keep going with this! It's awesome.

Classy

If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates