z

Young Writers Society

Chapter3 - The Greater Good

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue May 08, 2007 10:38 pm
theron guard says...

Farsight paused, thinking over what Kauyon just said. Everyone knew he had stopped serving the Greater Good; it was no secret. His pride and greed had torn him away from what every Tau believed.
The Tau were a young, ambitious alien race, whose goal was to unite all races. First found at the Eastern Fringe of the galaxy, the Tau were very primitive, to unevolved to pose a threat to the Imperiem of Man (the human race.) But over a couple thousand years, the Tau evolved so rapidly, its technology soon surpassed every other race. When seeing the chaos the galaxy was in, the Tau created the Greater Good; a coalition that would allow other races to bring peace to each other.
When hearing about the Greater Good, some alien races joined the Tau and their conquest. But others, including the Imperiem of Man, the Orks, and the Tyrinids (an insectoid alien race,) found the idea cowardly, as if surrendering the the Tau, and immediately set out to destroy the coalition.
For years now, the Tau had been fighting off their enemies, slowly pushing
forward into the galaxy. The Tau are still growing stronger, as their foes are falling one by one to the mighty Tau force.
Farsight was once one of the most famous Tau generals. He traveled to and conquered many worlds, most of which belonged to the Orks. The Tau Ethereals (Tau spiritual leaders) saw great favor on Farsight, and were grateful that he was fighting for the Greater Good. But as Farsight became even more powerful and revered, his path started to stray for the Tau's vision. Soon, he had completely stopped following the Greater Good, and the Ethereals saw Farsight and his force as enemies of the Tau Empire, and forbid Farsight to return the the Tau homeworld. The Ethereals also dropped all communications with Farsight, abandoning him on his conquered planets.
Now Farsight was alone. His force was big, but over constant battles Farsight's force had grown weary and small. Without Tau reinforcements, Farsight's army had been depleted, but Farsight still fought on, believing that his loyal followers would come through for him. This battle with the Orks had inflicted heavy loses to his force. Farsight knew he must accept the Greater Good or his entire force was doomed. But Farsight needed a way to contact the Tau homeworld, and because the Ethereals dropped communication with Farsight, it was virtually imposable to do.
Farsight couldn't think of anyway the contact the Ethereals, and he doubted that there was anyway to do so. But Farsight couldn't give up hope, not yet.
If Farsight could hold off the Orks for a while longer, he might be able to think of something. But the Orks were closing fast, and Farsight had only a short time before the Orks overrun the Tau base.

"Commander Farsight?" said Kauyon as Farsight thought.

Farsight looked at Kauyon and smiled, "I got it Kauyon," Farsight said in a calm but sly voice

"Got what?" Kauyon asked.

"An idea that might get us off this planet," Farsight replied, and smiled at Kauyon.
Ohhhhhhh YEAH!!!!!!

Reviews: 4
Wed May 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Dark Beast says...

It is good for the story overall, but lacks much action or advancement in the story. Very good and there aren't many mistakes besides you should edit it so it says "to the" instead of "the the" at the end of the second paragraph. It was good.
"I'll never go back on my word, thats my nido, my ninja way" - naruto

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed May 09, 2007 9:30 pm
theron guard says...

Well, in this chapter I really wanted to tell people unfamiliar with Warhammer the history of the Tau, so sorry there wasn't much action. :?
Ohhhhhhh YEAH!!!!!!

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla