z

Young Writers Society

MTS

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 am
NightsDreamer2277 says...

((Up at last))

"Sari, we don't have time," Luke intervened grabbing her shoulder. "We need to hurry."

The girl wheeled around, green eyes blazing as she summoned a burst of power. Her stance was protective, stubborn, and slightly reluctant. "I don't care, Luke. I'm not going to let them torture my sister when I can stop them," she said acidly. "And if you decide to get in my way, I will not hesitate to hurt you."

Shoving him aside, she ran off down the hall with Ruby hot on her heels. Rubella knew that Sari would need help if they were planning to spring a second person. Their chances were bad enough.

Luke shook his head irritably as he picked himself up off the floor. Continuing down the passage with Kochi, he followed twists and turns before finally coming to the door marked SB-191. It was the door they had been searching for.

Kochi took over, using his earth abilities to manipulate the locks. "Once the doors open, the alarm will sound…." he warned, "Shouldn't we wait so the girls have a little more time?"

"No," Luke said stubbornly. His words were cold, reflecting his annoyance with Sari's reckless actions. "That mission is on their own heads. If they can't do it without hampering our mission, it's not worth it. Let's go."
~~~~~~
Rushing through the halls, Sari didn't waste time screwing with the cameras; she simply knocked out the main circuitry for them. As she followed the mental beacon of her sister, the girl soothed her sister with mental words to try and ease the pain the dark figure was putting her through. Everything will be ok, Lena. I'm nearly there…. Just keep holding out and I promise you I will take you out of here today…she transmitted.

With a sudden stop, the mutant cautiously peered around the corner to see two guards. Carefully, Sari tried to enter their minds, but found that she couldn't. Something was blocking her abilities. Thinking of a plan, the teen quickly had an idea and put it in motion.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she made herself cry before running down the hall to where the guards stood. Running into one, she paused before gazing up at him with flooded eyes as big as lakes. "Ha-have you seen my sister?" she managed to sob out, looking much like a stressed out sibling. "She's run off and I can't find her…"

The guards glanced at each other with a slight shrug. "Maybe…" the first said, stroking his chin lightly as he looked at her. "Shouldn't she be in her room?"

"I looked where Dad had us stay while he was working, but she's gone. I searched high and low for her," Sari said, sniffing slightly. Her eyes pleaded with them. "He's going to be so mad at me if he finds out she's missing. Will you help me look for her? I promise it won't take long…"

They paused again. Guarding a closed door really wasn't all that eventful, and there had been no mention of a security risk. The two holstered their stun rifles. "If it won't take long," the second said with a hesitant glint in his eye. "We're supposed to be guarding the door."

Smiling, the mentalist calmed her 'hysterics' as she thanked them profusely. "Oh, thank you so much! I promise this won't get you in any trouble, and it won't take long."

Together, the three set off down the hall. Sari had noticed the devices in their ears now, and figured that they were the reason for her interference. Rounding a corner, she was just about to take them down the old fashioned way, when she sensed Ruby at the next cross roads and the idea evolved. Ruby, change yourself into a little girl of about six and walk down one of the halls a little ways. Do it quickly. I'm having some guards 'help' me look for my little sister who supposedly got lost. And they're wearing these devices so that I can't hack their brains in their ears. Need I say more?

Nope, came the soft belle like reply that the magician always sounded like in Sari's mind. This will be fun. Should I be ready now?

Yes. Here they come. Pausing as she came to the different halls, Sari sighed as if she was exasperated. "Maybe splitting up will be easier… Here, you go down that hall and I'll try this one," she said, knowing full well where Ruby was, but keeping it well hidden.

As the guards did so, Sari continued to walk until she heard voices calling her. Turning, she saw the guards, one of which had a small white haired girl in his arms who appeared to be quite young. "Lucy!" Ruby cried, struggling so that the guard would let her down before running to Sari in the perfect imitation of a little kid. "You found me!"

"Emily, what have I told you about running off when Daddy brings us to his work," Sari replied, tapping Ruby's nose as she knelt down to give the short girl a hug. Standing up, the girl's eyes registered that the guards no longer had their ear pieces. "Oh, thank you so much!" she continued turning to the guards, eyes seeming to sparkle. "I promise, I won't let Dad fire you two, ever."

Rubbing their heads awkwardly, the two just shrugged before turning away. "It was no problem miss… Here, we'll bring you back to that area so you can find your way back," the first said obviously trying not to lose his official air despite his pleasure at her words.

With a small smirk at the 'little' Ruby in her arms, Sari followed them back to where she knew her sister was being held. Then she paused to reach through the mental connection and knocked the guards out instantly.

Setting Ruby down, the girl used her telekinesis to rip through the bolted door as her partner threw three smoke bombs inside. The confusion that followed was perfect for slipping inside unnoticed as a few lab techs slipped outside to clear their lungs.

Alarms rang out as there were shouts of confusion. Walking through the chaos, Sari knocked out anyone she came across, whether with fists or mentally. Finally, she found the metal table that held her sister. Forcing the locks off as Ruby held off any opposition that had arrived, Sari grabbed Lena's unconscious form and ran.
Last edited by NightsDreamer2277 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you need a stress relief, simply count to twenty. If you get to twenty and your still mad, go to a hundred. If you are mad after that, then go find some anger management, because we seriously have just wasted two minutes."-- Jazz

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:11 pm
JabberHut says...

Let's see how much of this I get done. :lol: *at school*

Pushing him back to the others, she ran off down the hall with Ruby hot on her heels.

Shoving him aside...?

Luke shook his head irately as he picked himself up off the floor.

I think irratably works better.

[s]Now [/s]Kochi took over, using his earth abilities to manipulate the locks.

Everything will be ok, Lena. I'm nearly there…. Just keep holding out and I promise you I will take you out of here today…she transmitted

You had this italicized. :wink:

Running into one, she paused before gazing up at him with flooded eyes [s]that seemed to be[/s] as big as [?] lakes.

"Ha-have you seen my sister?" she managed to sob out, looking much like a stressed out big sister.

I don't think that is necessary, but if you want it, change 'older sister' to something like 'older sibling.' Repetition of 'sister' is a bet awkward. :)

Guarding a closed door really wasn't all that eventful, and there had been no mention of a security risk.

Nope. [comma instead]came the soft belle-like reply that the magician always sounded like in Sari's mind.

"Lucy!" Ruby cried, struggling so that the guard would let her down before running to Sari in the perfect imitation of a little kid.

Then she paused to reach through the mental connection and knocked the guards out instantly.

Forcing the locks off [?] as Ruby held off any opposition that had arrived, Sari grabbed Lena's unconscious form and ran.

Bravo, once again. You do so very well with this story. I'm most impressed. Just a few wording issues I mentioned above. Nothing else. Can't wait for the next part! (I did it at school! In ten minutes! :lol:)

Keep writing!

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind