z

Young Writers Society

Dark Redemption finally continued

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:53 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

Chapter one
What may you ask is this story about, to me its not the end of life but the beginning of a new start.
Growing up I had to work hard to get what I wanted which meant no time for play, I had no friends no boyfriend, and always was busy. Being twenty one didn't change that either, I was working a part time job at Eddies cooking place on Avenue street in New York city which wasn't exactly an idea job. My boss Eddie was fat older man with a rather foul stench to his body and always covered his greasy hair in a hair net, to bad he couldn't hide his potbelly as well. To much stalling, the day the unexpected change came into play happend just a little after 4:00 p.m. on a Monday in October.

I was working that day as I always do on a Monday when Eddie came in remarking at the sky that was changing from a blue to a fiery dark color and how it was unlike any he had ever seen.
"Whats going on?" I asked when a sudden rumbling shook the ground.
Everyone in the dinner began to panic and some of them stood up to leave.
"What the hells going on?" I asked my friend Mina.
"Not to sure."
"Hey Eddie I'm taking off the rest of the day, all right."
He just waved and said goodbye as I walked to grab my coat when the ground rumbled again, I could hear gasps of shock behind me and turned to see a pile of plates that were stacked on table fall into the floor, a sound in front of me forced me to look out the window to where people were pointing at something in the sky. I then quickly headed out the front doors to see what all the commotion was about, it turned out they were pointing towards the northern part of the sky where a mixture of blue and blood red colors were swirling in chaos. I stared transfixed as the color suddenly stopped and some unknown creature or thing appeared it was about 30 feet high and had a million eyes. That was when all hell broke loose and people began to run knocking into me. I turned and began to run in the same direction as the people were and somehow along the way I was knocked down. I cringed in pain as I felt people step on me and convinced this was it, I was dying. Then I felt someone lift me up, it was cop who had black hair.
"Are you okay?"
"I think so. Thanks for helping me, I'm Vanessa."
"Richard."
"Do you know whats going on?"
He shook his head "Not a damn clue."
He then pulled me into a department store, "If I'm correct there should be a basement in this store."
"How do you know that?"
He smiled and replied with.
"I knew a girl who worked here."
In spite of what was going on around me I laughed.
Richard had been right there was a basement and it had a storage of water and food as well as flashlights.
He then spoke into walkie talkie, "This is officer Shaw, comeback."
All that came back was static and more static.
"shit."
I looked at him, "so no one knows were down here?''
"Nope. when everything clears out we'll head back out and check it out."
The ground suddenly rumbled as something above exploded and sent some dust onto our heads
"This could be bad." He said.
"No kidding, except I think its already bad."
he laughed and removed his jacket , he then sat it behind him and used it as a pillow.
"Are you going to sleep?" I asked amazed at how well he was taking it.
"Why not, were going to be here a while. Mise well get comfortable."
Another explosion this time nearby the department store rattled the items in the storage room where we were at.
"Are you not worried about something falling on us?" i asked him.

This is all i have time for.
see others how you want to be seen

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles