z

Young Writers Society

Endrel (for lack of a better name)

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:03 am
Duskglimmer says...

Chapter 6

The Captain stood on deck and pressed the intercom button.

“Good morning,” he said. “We will be disengaging from the docking port in exactly thirty seconds. Please be prepared.” He nodded to Shereth at the helm and she started the ignition sequence, counting the seconds until the thrusters and engines would be charged under her breath.

“1… 2… 3…”

Lieutenant Hunter braced himself in his seat. Adrian Nemenk sat down.

“18… 19… 20.” She pressed a few keys and the Draco began to slide away from the docking port. There was a sudden jolt and Shereth quickly readjusted.

“Can’t you bring us out just once without doing that?” Lieutenant Hunter said.

“I’ll keep it in mind,” she shot back.

A few seconds later she entered a heading and the Draco sped away from the spaceport. Shereth turned towards Ryden.

“The Draco is in open water, Sir.”

“Thank you, Lieutenant. You’re dismissed. Mr. Nemenk, please take the helm.”

Shereth left, smiling, and headed down to the Mess Hall.

“Good morning, Shereth!” Temen said as she walked through the door, smiling broadly.

“Good morning.” She looked around in amazement at all the number of people. “There haven’t been this many people here since the power went out on deck 6.”

Temen nodded. “Where there’s food there’s people.”

“No kidding.”

He laughed a little and led her over to a free table.

“So,” she said. “How are you today?”

"I'm fine. Tell me," Temen leaned across the table. "Was the ship supposed to jerk like that when we left the dock?"

Shereth looked down, smiling. "Not exactly. It's not good. But it's not bad either. Very few pilots can bring you out smoothly."

"So you were expecting it to jerk like that."

"Yeah... at least once..."

"Uh-huh."

"Don't tell me you've never had this happen to you before..."

"I've only flown on a ship once in my life. I like the ground."
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:19 am
Meshugenah says...

yay, more! my only complaint would be lack of description.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:16 pm
Ceylon says...

Wow :o ... Just wow... I never EVER seen any writing like this before. I like your story line and how you worked out the dialogue(it sounded like you are making a movie or something). The main theme was just great and it grasped my attention.

Oh yeah... I read your Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It was very.. hm... like perfect. :wink:
juste essayer

La fin d'ordinaire, et vous ne verriez pas ce que vient.

Comment bon il s'avérera être..

447 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:29 pm
Duskglimmer says...

lol. Thanks.

I really need to check back here more often. I keep forgetting what stories I have up where, and what stories I need to update. Give me just a little bit of time, and I'll have more of the story for you. Thanks for all your patience.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:15 am
SciFiGuy says...

hey dusk, i remember this!

i gotta reread it sometime, it was really good as i remember it

447 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:12 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Hey! Good to see that you made the jump over here!

Yeah, I haven't worked on this in a long time... I think I have a few more chapters to post up here though. I'll try and get them up sometime soon so that you'll at least be able to read everything I have.

Although, I have to admit, as I'm reading this I'm shuddering at the thought of keeping this up here without at least giving it a quick rough edit. Gosh... I have come so far writing-wise lately...
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:37 pm
SciFiGuy says...

haha, i really know what you mean, i was looking at some stories of mine in the past and i couldnt believe i wrote that (in a bad way) :)

well, as we gain more knowledge, we will always get better

Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec