Young Writers Society

BURN chapter 2

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:01 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

*I know it's not quite finished, but I promise I'll post soon!*

Chapter 2.

Jake leaned against the car, the force of her punch knocking the wind out of him. She had a hard hit, he thought, watching her through narrowed eyes. Dr. Telvin had sent him to pick her up, but from the looks of it, she didn’t know who the hell he was. Thanks Doc. Turning his head, he felt a pop. He closed his eyes, willing the pain in his jaw to go away. She glared at him, her eyes so blue they practically glowed. Her face was a contortion of rage, but then again, his would be too if someone had nearly ran him over. It wasn’t really his fault, but he wasn’t going to admit that to anyone. He was just rounding the corner when she stepped off the sidewalk, going only God knows where. She had looked pissed and he caught himself in time to slam on brakes and swerve. By the looks of it though, she was not going to let this go, so he slowly stood, using his height to intimidate her. Carefully, so as not to agitate her, he held up his hand. She looked like she wanted to take another swing at him, so before she could he spoke up.
“Um, would you mind holdin’ on to that thing,” he gestured to her tightly clenched fist. A muscle jumped in her jaw and he had the distinct impression she was grinding her teeth. “My name is Jake. Jake Trevoli.” He watched as awareness came into her eyes, then her face became completely expressionless.

She closed her eyes and shook her head. Slowly, she opened them again. Gone was the rage. Instead, a cool liquid blue replace the icy fire. It reminded him of a river. Soft and gentle. Then she opened her mouth and it was anything but soft and gentle.

“What the hell were you thinking? Don’t you know how to drive you imbecile?” She threw her hands up.

He grunted, the corner of his mouth twitching. She narrowed her eyes, the scowl returning to her face.

“Oh, so now you’re gonna laugh at me, are you?” She raised her fist. “Well, we will see about that won’t we.” She took a swing at him, he ducked out the way as her fist narrowly missed his face. The force of her swing caused her to stumble forward, straight at him. He caught her with strong arms, using his brute strength to stop any more blows she might attempt to swing at him. He looked down at her, completely oblivious to the crowd around them.

“Hold on there a minute, would ya?” She glared at him, the fire back in her eyes. He just smiled. “If you don’t remember, you have an appointment with Dr. Telvin in like three minutes, so I would strongly advice you against any other violence on your behalf.” He watched as the fire slowly dimmed, replaced by that cool liquid blue. Pity; she looked down right ferocious with that fire.

She lowered her hands and stood still in his arms. He could sense her anger slowly receding, so he unwrapped his arms. He looked down at her through lowered eyelids, his green eyes watching for signs of struggle.

She swallowed and stepped back, nodding her head. Turning, he motioned for her to climb in the car. She did, and he leaned down to grab her bag. Popping the trunk, he threw it in and slammed it shut. Twirling his keys on his fingers, he waved to the on-lookers and climbed in the car, revving the engine and pulled away.

They traveled in silence most of the way. Tucking her knees under her chin, she turned her body towards him, peering at him through narrowed eyes.

The old man who found her after the accident didn’t provide many details when he snatched her off the streets. He just gave her a bus ticket and told her that he would see her when she got there. Cecelia still didn’t really understand why she was here.

“Where are we going?” she watched him, her eyes assessing everything.

He swallowed and cleared his throat, appearing surprised at the sudden noise in the car. His hands tightened on the steering wheel. “We’re going to Crows Peak Plantation. It’s on the mountain. We’ll be there in about ten minutes.”

Satisfied for now, she turned back in her seat and peered out the window, watching the trees thicken and the altitude increase. She noticed there were a lot of birds in the sky. She looked closer and realized they were crows. Guess that’s where they got the name from.
Last edited by *singerofthenight* on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 pm
tuckerluvr says...

*singerofthenight* wrote:*I know it's not quite finished, but I promise I'll post soon!*

Chapter 2.

Jake leaned against the car, the force of her punch knocking the wind out of him. She had a hard hit, he thought, watching her through narrowed eyes. Dr. Telvin had sent him to pick her up, but from the looks of it, she didn’t know who the hell he was. Thanks Doc. Turning his head, he felt a pop. He closed his eyes, willing the pain in his jaw to go away. She glared at him, her eyes so blue they practically glowed. Her face was a contortion of rage, but then again, his would be too if someone had nearly ran him over. It wasn’t really his fault, but he wasn’t going to admit that to anyone. He was just rounding the corner when she stepped off the sidewalk, going only God knows where. She had looked pissed and he caught himself in time to slam on brakes and swerve. By the looks of it though, she was not going to let this go, so he slowly stood, using his height to intimidate her. Carefully, so as not to agitate her, he held up his hand. She looked like she wanted to take another swing at him, so before she could he spoke up.
“Um, would you mind holdin’ on to that thing,” he gestured to her tightly clenched fist. A muscle jumped in her jaw and he had the distinct impression she was grinding her teeth. “My name is Jake. Jake Trevoli.” He watched as awareness came into her eyes, then her face became completely expressionless.

She closed her eyes and shook her head. Slowly, she opened them again. Gone was the rage. Instead, a cool liquid blue replace the icy fire. It reminded him of a river. Soft and gentle. Then she opened her mouth and it was anything but soft and gentle.

“What the hell were you thinking? Don’t you know how to drive you imbecile?” She threw her hands up.

He grunted, the corner of his mouth twitching. She narrowed her eyes, the scowl returning to her face.

“Oh, so now you’re gonna laugh at me, are you?” She raised her fist. “Well, we will see about that won’t we.” She took a swing at him, he ducked out the way as her fist narrowly missed his face. The force of her swing caused her to stumble forward, straight at him. He caught her with strong arms, using his brute strength to stop any more blows she might attempt to swing at him. He looked down at her, completely oblivious to the crowd around them.

“Hold on there a minute, would ya?” She glared at him, the fire back in her eyes. He just smiled. “If you don’t remember, you have an appointment with Dr. Telvin in like three minutes, so I would strongly advice you against any other violence on your behalf.” He watched as the fire slowly dimmed, replaced by that cool liquid blue. Pity; she looked down right ferocious with that fire.

She lowered her hands and stood still in his arms. He could sense her anger slowly receding, so he unwrapped his arms. He looked down at her through lowered eyelids, his green eyes watching for signs of struggle.

She swallowed and stepped back, nodding her head. Turning, he motioned for her to climb in the car. She did, and he leaned down to grab her bag. Popping the truck,I don't understand that. he threw it in and slammed it shut. Twirling his keys on his fingers, he waved to the on-lookers and climbed in the car, revving the engine and pulled away.

They traveled in silence most of the way. Tucking her knees under her chin, she turned her body towards him, peering at him through narrowed eyes.

The old man who found her after the accident didn’t provide many details when he snatched her off the streets. He just gave her a bus ticket and told her that he would see her when she got there. Cecelia still didn’t really understand why she was here.

“Where are we going?” she watched him, her eyes assessing everything.

He swallowed and cleared his throat, appearing surprised at the sudden noise in the car. His hands tightened on the steering wheel. “We’re going to Crows Peak Plantation. It’s on the mountain. We’ll be there in about ten minutes.”

Satisfied for now, she turned back in her seat and peered out the window, watching the trees thicken and the altitude increase. She noticed there were a lot of birds in the sky. She looked closer and realized they were crows. Guess that’s where they got the name from.

Again. I lied how it was written and the only thing I see wrong was the part I pointed out. Nice job :wink:
the purposes of a man's heart are deep waters but a man of understanding draws them out

- Proverbs 20:5

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:07 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Sorry its suppose to be trunk:) I changed it:)
"Hello, is this thing on?"

It's unsettling to know how little separates each of us from another life altogether.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore