z

Young Writers Society

Beginning of a novel

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:20 am
Twitch111 says...

This is the beggining of a novel I have the plot of. Right now it might not sound like Sci-Fi, but it will. Hope you like it. :D

On the last breath of a person about to die they asked me a question. Few if none had ever asked me a question on their dieing breath before.
This person asked this “What is the one thing you most regret ever doing?”
That question hit me by surprised, but I did answer.
This was my answer “My greatest regret is the life time of regrets I do have.”
I am not sure if the person was still alive to hear what I said, but it was enough. This person will be remembered in my memory, because his one question brought back memories long forgotten in my long life. It brought back the memories of what I used to be
I was four rushing down the stairs on Easter to find my present, a stuffed animal bunny. He would be my favorite for years to come. Again I rushing down the stairs, except this time it was Christmas. I got a slinky toy from Toy Story. The dog that was slinky, you know, I always loved him. I remember that one; because it was the only thing I had asked Santa Clause that year. I remember many Christmas mornings, and Winter Breaks. I remember helping my sister carry the artificial tree up the stairs from under the stairs. I remember my birth ornament. It would play a tune when you pressed a button. I remember my family and me spending a Christmas in Disney World. I also remember writing letters to Santa Clause. These were fond memories like a feather pillow under your bed, to be remembered and thanked for, because one day you might find your self with nothing but your memories. But as I grew older my memories grew darker. I never realized what was happening till the world fell down atop my head. I was ignorant then in my happy days. How dear those days had been to me then, how I had wanted my life to go back to those blissful

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:28 am
emotion_less says...

It seems just started and not yet revised. Not that that's a bad thing, but there were some mistakes... like your unfinished last sentence. :) I think you should really just write the novel now and work on clarity and revision later. So far, it seems to be going along well and I hope you continue to write/post it.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:36 am
Swires says...

I agree with E_L, perhaps you should plot out your novel?
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:18 pm
Twitch111 says...

Yeah sorry about the last sentence it got cut off when I copy and pasted it. :lol: This is how it should go:

How dear those days had been to me then, how I had wanted my life to go back to those blissful days.

Sorry about that. This is how it should be.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:23 am
Trinity91 says...

I liked it alot. It was very innocent yet, not. Ya know?

Perhaps the real rickroll was the friends we made along the way
— GengarIsBestBoy