z

Young Writers Society

Clique Breaker: Chapter Fourteen

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:52 pm
AngelKnight900 says...

Today was not going the way I planned. Well it sort of was.

The good thing was that my party left a big impact on our guests. They completely changed their styles and it almost made me forget what sweats looked like. They all said hi to me as I walked to classes with Marcus but there was something that was poking at me. I just didn't know what but I actually expected to feel like my job is done, but it wasn't.

"Something wrong?" Marcus asked while we were studying in the library.

I shook my head and looked back at my book, hoping that I might find some sort of answer from it. I was getting more information on dystopian societies and I came across something. Currently, China and Cuba are communist but it would seem that everything would run smoothly. A person who just sweeps the floor could make as much money as a doctor. This was impressive but was there a point? A person didn't have to waste their time becoming a doctor-if their main motive was to get more money-because they would be making as much money as their poor neighbor. Dystopia is like a utopia gone wrong. Everything is basically perfect but with one fatal flaw. So is that's what bothering me?

Everyone can't be equal because no one works for it but would it be right to merge these two social communities into one and try to keep it that way? I could see my butt being kicked out of this school. I couldn't play God for these people but then again, I've done something to some of these people. Nothing could go wrong at this point.

"Jay!!!"

Nothing could be more wonderful than the sound of Kathleen's voice. Either my sarcasm is a little off or I could be crazy. I turned around to face her but she was being blocked out of the library. Two big guys were keeping her from entering.

"Do you have an appoitment?" one of them asked.

"It's okay guys," I said. "Let her in."

They looked at each other and stepped aside to let her in. Kathleen sashayed to me and when she rose her hand, I backed up because my cheek was still sore from Skye's blow and I did not want to get hit. Her hand went to pull back her hair and then they were hidden under her crossed arms. She relaxed her composure and kept staring at me.

"Well..." I was waiting for whatever words she had to say. I decided to forgive Kathleen for the prank on Skye during the vacation but mainly for the selfish reason: Skye's ignorance. It's not like I think that she deserved being humiliated in front of the school, but I think she had to have her eyes open to see what she will miss. If she still wanted to be friends, I would deliver that baby myself.

"What have you done?" she asked.

It was a question I was asking myself too. I looked over at Marcus for help but he gave me the look that said it's your battle.

I let an exhausted sigh and put my hands in my pocket. 'Do what?"

Yeah, that's the strategy. Play dumb

"You basically made those losers into wannabes," she explained. " Change them back."

Normally, this would sound like an order but her tone made it sound more like a plead.

"I'm not their parents," I pointed out. "Meaning I have no say in what they can or cannot wear."

"Oh shut up!" she exclaimed. "Do you think you're doing them a favor?"

"I don't remember agreeing to any favors."

"Well what about that lame party you had in which you made a big mistake by not inviting me?!"

"No one likes a party pooper," I said with a slight chuckle. "And they needed it. I moved your group over and they felt cramped. Then I have them blend in with the newcomers and then you guys are complaining."

"They're not Native Americans! You can't just give them the choice of turning into us!"

Looks like you've been paying attention in History

"Jay, if you don't do something, I will."

I watched her walk away but I knew that she was not going to get the last word.

"But haven't you already?"

She stopped dead in her tracks and then looked at me in disbelief.

"What have I done?"

"You're a bully Kathleen."

"No I'm not!" Then the tears started appearing. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings but it was the truth.

"People clear a way for you when you walk. Girls can't even look at you directly in the eye. Even those three friends you have don't even like you. People fear you and honey, fear is worse than love."

She came up next to me and I was about to guard my face but she stopped midway and looked at, trying to make it seem like she's furious but everyone in the room can see that she's dumbstruck.

"Jay..." And then she walked away, looking like she had no intentions of coming back.

Now I knew what I was missing; power. And now I had it.
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

This is great! I love how Jay truly stands up, not just for herself but for everyone, to Kathleen in this chapter! I can't wait to read the next one!
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:55 am
View Likes
farz95 says...

I love this..
It was so interesting to read !

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright