z

Young Writers Society

Story of You-the writers...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Blank Thought says...

Hello, don't please cuss about my writing... I've been in U.S. for about 4 years now and my English is not that good. :oops: I may have different ideas about writers and some different characteristics of them too.

Every day, you rack your head back and forth, not knowing what to do. Your brain screams fot some ideas when actually they are hidden somewhere in your brain, waiting to be unlocked... You look at the white Microsoft paper and 4 words that are written on it-Once upon a time. Sipping Pepsi, you walk to the window where sunlight was gently gleaming, welcoming you with a relieving breeze. Outside was very different, everything was green and blue. You longed to walk upon the grass, yet you had something to do. Sighing as usual you went back to the computer and began to write. As you were writing, it got easier; you began to enjoy it. It began to come back- your imaginations.

Writing is like breathing to us. Stories, we need write to desperately keep our selves alive, are like oxygens abosorbed into our body, strengthening us with stretch of imaginations.

What do you think of the writers? Please define yourselves. Thank you :)

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:49 pm
PsyLynx says...

Why has nobody else commented? I like this a lot; it does capture a lot of writing...the loneliness, the fact that often, we must force ourselves to do it, and yet then, what it does for us. Our imaginations soar.

And, strangely enough, I'm probably one of the only writers who has ever been completely unable to let his imagination soar for a long, long period; almost two years. And yes, God yes, it is like oxygen; you need it. I needed it all of that time; that time changed me, perverted me, almost killed me, sucked all of the joy out of my life, made me sort of quietly suicidal (not so that I would kill myself, just that I would take risks to watch myself get the crap beaten out of me if it didn't work right). And now, my imagination is back, the words flow, and I'm happy, I'm sooooo happy. And that, my friend, is the life of this writer.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:56 pm
Zion says...

Ah....the b***** called writing skills. If you leanr how to ocntrol it wil succumb to you. If it starts control you, you will succumb to its chaotic will. Writers a diffrent kind of people. They percieve the world with a diffrent preception. Most of the time we live a monks life deep inside us and we long for days filled with inspiration and ideas. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone opened a thread like this. ABout the seemingly wierd and un-human mind of a writer. "Fellow creators the Creator seeks." I red once. Arent we creators? Arent we shapers of worlds, peoples, destinies, rises and falls of kingdoms and empires. Arent we "Gods" ourselves in a way? A tricky road that is. Wiritng and world shaping. In moments it enlighting and in otehrs it drives you mad on the brink of totall insantiy.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:36 am
Psyche says...

I like this...it captures what writing is about or at least it captures the a piece of it. This makes sense...I think you did a great job!

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk