z

Young Writers Society

Simple

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:45 pm
Mia says...

Well this story is about the troubled feelings of a teenager..........

There she was, lying on her bed shaking with tears she could not control, but it wasn't the first time. Many times she had just lay there however she was not the sort of girl who cried often. She asked herself Why have things gotten so bad? Where did i go wrong? She must have stopped asking those questions at some point and replaced them with a new one, Where did i go right? She figured things only got worse because she thought they were getting better.

Breathe just breathe Why she always had to remind herself she was unaware, but she couldnt help but think i'd rather not She was hurting so much that she was considering death. She was afraid though because suicides go to hell One of the many things she thought about. Things were tough for her at school, at home, anywhere. She was never bullied, far from it, she had many friends but they couldnt see what was killing her inside. She wasnt ugly, actually she was rather pretty with a boyfriend who never missed a chance to tell her she was beautiful as her grandad used to but that may have been her first problem.

Daniel - her grandfather - had died in the month of August unexpectedly, and she missed him like hell. He was her hero. I know the girl and she still grieves for him till this day. She gets on terribly well at school, very bright, and attentive, gets along with the teachers. At home, well, here we have reached another problem. It wasn't that her parents had broken up, no, it was that she wasn't the only child and she wasn't the eldest either. She had a brother reaching eighteen and they didn't get along at all. They never had. She said black he said white. It wasn't the hate they shared for each other, it was the fact they shared it, it wasn't the fact it was hopeless, it was that she tried and she failed. It wasn't like she was perfect, but neither was he. Her parents set high regard for her brother, even though he treated each one of them like pieces of shit he would be glad to be rid of. This didn't bother her she in turn would be delighted to be rid of him, but he made sure she would never forget him. He hit her, he threatened her told her he would kill her and the worst of it was that sometimes she wished he would. He was favoured although it wasn't admitted and only one person believed her.

Kathy was her gran, a lovely lady, and she was respected and admired. However the girl knew Kathy was ill, seriously ill, practically knocking on deaths door and this tore her apart. Although kathy was unaware of the girls knowledge of this illness, she was sure she knew, the girl wasn't stupid. Kathy passed away only recently and the girl misses her terribly for she was the only one who believed the harsh treatment the girl got at home. However as Kathy had left, she left many things behind including her husband, the girls grandfather who she loved dearly and wished as she looked at him everyday i love this wee man, and i would take his pain and suffering if only you would let me god She couldnt watch his unhappiness.

She had no one to turn to, her family wouldnt understand aswell as her friends. She was trapped, it was all bottled up. Many teens look at suicide, she was one of them, but she could never picture herself dead, she was too wear to go through with it. This is something she found she could not confide to anyone. So what does she do? There is more she could tell!

And so i ask you, whoever reads this, to answer the question What does she do?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:01 am
Sonicroyale says...

I would hope she would try to find help, if not from a psychologist or the like, but even just from friends around her. She has such a gifted life, it would seem; it would be a terrible pity to let herself commit suicide from one single blemish in her life. I've always been concerned about those in society who don't seem to others to have a life worthy of being taken away by their own hand. I would hope she would take a step forward to confide with someone about her problems, someone who is open-minded and willing to find ways to help them. The first step I would recommend is to discuss with a psychologist. If a person is unable to bring themselves to talk to someone in that manner, turn then to friends or family that can be trusted.... If they truly have no one they feel they can trust, I tell all now I will listen to anything you have, and will take any measure necessary to find you the help you need, all anonymously. Random contacts to me are obliged--even encouraged--if someone faces a lot of strife in their life... my friends don't think of me as their psychologist for nothing. And I'm not the only one in the world with an open ear to despair--I've met many a people one could turn to in times of need. Just find someone, anyone; no one deserves to be lost in this world.

I send my wishes for her betterment.

~Tarver

There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart