z

Young Writers Society

To everyone who ever thought about it.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 am
paperbackheart says...

If you're reading this, then you're obviously in the wrong place. After all, if you were in the right place, then you wouldn't be reading this. That is unless you're just simply curious about what this article is about, which is simply delusional since it is an article and not some fancy-dilly-dallying story with fairies dancing around singing about a pot of gold. Then again, maybe you are delusional. The point is that you should stop reading this and go on to a more happier topic, like who will win an Academy award or what hairstyle should you wear this summer. This topic is not for the faint of heart, for suicide is not something to be taken lightly.

If you're reading this, then you're obviously not ready for suicide. Are you expecting me to talk you out of it? Oh, I could go through the act, say that you have so much to live for, but why bother? You're obviously not ready to die if you want to be talked out of it. What type of suicidee would ask for help from suicide? The answer is one that isn't ready. Even if a person doesn't ask for help, that doesn't mean they're ready either.

In your mind, you have to be ready. Let's try an exercise, shall we? Get up from your computer screen and get a knife. I don't care if you have a butter knife, just get it. Now place it along your neck and trace your veins. Don't hesitate. If you feel your heart pounding and your hand shaking, then its not time.

If you even have to justify your reason, it's not time. Yeah, write a suicide letter, tell them they all made your life miserable, but what now? You said it, now do it. It's not even in your heart to do it all the way if you keep focusing on living.

Focus on living, that should be your goal for now. Yes, pain can distract you, but death will ultimately mean that you have no chance to change life. Did you like feeling so close to death? Did your hands shake? Did your heart race? Did fear hit you, even for a second? Did you not even try it?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you're not ready. So write your note. Prepare the pills. Cock the gun and put it to your temple. Death is standing ahead of you and life is standing behind. Which way shall you go tonight?

((A/N: This is supposed to be an anti-suicide article for my maman, even though I am pro-suicide. I hope you enjoy it and think that it could help someone in this situation.))
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:35 pm
Dreamwalker says...

I get what you were trying to put across with this piece. The brutal truth is sometimes the only way to shock people back to reality. And the fact is, you're right. If one is reading a piece that should talk them out of suicide, then they really are not ready.

But, unfortunately, its never really those people who commit suicide, now is it?

What I'm trying to say is that suicide happens to people who are either in a vast amount of trouble that they can't escape from, or they feel as if there is no other option. Why try and change a life that cannot be changed? Why spend effort on turning something that will ultimately come back to the same place it was before? Its that weakness and that lack of will that is usually the cause of suicide.

That being said, I found this to be a little too forward and not exactly directed towards people who are willing to commit suicide, but towards people who have thought of suicide but would never have the balls to do it. We are, as humans, fragile things. This could almost be taken as a disheartening piece, and in that sense, the effect you want to give could be generally a little pious.

Secondly, I would like to note at your authors note. Not that its apart of the piece or anything of that general sort, but you say that you are pro-suicide. I'm not quite sure what your meaning behind that is but generally speaking, why would anyone want to say 'Go for it if thats what you want'? Suicide is generally a selfish act. Its not just ending what you can't fix but also creating immense sorrow for the people you left behind. Like a kick in the teeth saying 'yeah, you didn't care enough for me in life so this is what you deserve'. Its not something we should gratify because any loss of life is sad.

As an athiest, I appreciate life for what it is. We only get one. Why waste it? What I really want to say is that we should not be promoting death but promoting rehabilitation. Someone who can't see the good in this world should be given the chance. The idea that pro-suicide is something people think is normal actually astounds me greatly.

But I digress.

What I want to say is that I find your voice is strong but your ideals aren't pressing towards the message you want to spread. Probably because you are not wholeheartedly for your said message. One can only see what they are willing to see, after all.

~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I really liked this piece. It was well written, well constructed.

However, something you should never do to a suicidal person is challenge them to do it, because more often than nont, they'll do it.

Suicidees often feel like they are in a hopeless situation, something they can't handle, something that they don't think will get better, something they don't think is worth living through.

I found what you said a good tactic, even though it may not always work out in some cases. Suicidees usually feel that, even if they are scared, they should kill themselves because of what's going on in their lives.

I would have probably wouldn't have said to cock the gun and put it to your temple, I would've told them to opt for the pills. Because once you shoot yourself you're done. But if you take the pills, you have a little more time to realize what you just did and if you really want that, and have the oppurtunity to call for help.

I personally think that letting suicidees know that people care for them and people love them is the best way to go. I have an uncle who killed himself this past halloween. He had a three year old daughter, a wife, and a family who loveds him. I sometimes wonder if he would have still gone through with it if he had been told that.

Overall, this is good. Keep up the good work.

Love and other things,
fictionfanatic
Live, Love, Laugh

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet