z

Young Writers Society

A brief history of boys I fancied as a teenager

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 pm
popatemyheart1994 says...

I F*****G LOVED THIS! Like a sex and the city but for teenagers it felt like. So candid and honest. Like one of the other reviewers said..you rock!
Im the best :)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:04 pm
evfreak13 says...

I Loved this!!!! Awesome work! There were some grammar errors but other than that, well done! So enjoyed reading this...
:D

Gosh, I hope this doesn't sound rude. LiesOnLies, clearly this piece was about "the men in her life." And you shouldn't be surprised that so many people liked this! So many girls and guys can relate to being so lovestruck and acting so silly around crushes they've had! Almost all of us can relate.
I mean we're allowed to review people and tell them that we didn't like their work, but we have to offer it as constructive criticism. You can 'not like it' but you can't pretend you can't see why people like it.
This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before.
Leonard Bernstein .

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:25 pm
velar says...

Haha, I loved this piece. You've liked much more interesting guys than me, but I suppose thats not saying much considering I'm younger and have liked the most boring guys, all of them my age and I refused to go out of my box to try and 'lure them in'.
I can't believe I just said that.
ANYWAY, I especially liked the one who turned out to be gay. :D
:D I feel like I should actually give a review and since I can't find anything wrong with your writing, technique wise, so I guess grammar will do. :)

Actually, never mind about the grammar and nitpicking. I can't find anything else that someone didn't already find, which is frustrating to me but good to you, I guess.
So I doubt LiesOnLies will read this, but I just had to write this and writing on his/her wall seemed a bit stalkerish. Anyway, here goes:
Criticism, when constructive, is appreciated on this site. Since your new (okay, I can't talk on that one. Your older than me, review, time on this site, and age wise), I guess you haven't seen the post somewhere on here where it says that reviews are supposed to be constructive. (Okay, I keep being slightly hypocritical on here. Mine isn't exactly constructive.)
Alright. I'm just going to be quiet now, except to mention that when you said: "a diary isn't something I'd consider much of a story" you obviously didn't know that this isn't a story, its a General Article. :) Those aren't the same thing.

Okay, and back to you, Chanson. Umm, nothing more to say. Wow, this review is awkward, for me.
-Vela
I want a unicorn. Just saying.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm
Al3xx says...

hahaha this is actually one of the most awesome things I have ever read! It's obviously you describing your past crushes and it really gets your readers thinking about their past cringeworthy crushes and all the silly things they did to get the guy's attention. I REALLY like this. You'd actually make a deadly journalist. Just saying like, if you were writing articles for magazines or the comedy section of the newspaper I'd totally read it every week :D
"We love the ones that ignore us
But ignore the ones that love us"

Alexx

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:52 pm
Gryffindor13 says...

I thought this was really funny! I really liked it. You've liked much more interesting guys than I have (but that could be a result of being older...but whatever) My favourite was the one that turned out to be gay! :wink: I can't find much to criticize that other people haven't already touched on so think of this more as a positive comment rather than a critique. Very nicley done! :D

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites