Young Writers Society

Class President Election Speech

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 pm
AngelKnight900 says...

READ THE SPOILER FIRST BEFORE READING. THINGS WILL BE MORE CLEARER

Spoiler! :
This is an election speech I'm making for sophomore class president. I took my name out for privacy purposes. Also, the colors that are listed here are names for different parts of the school. they put all the students into different buildings. also the fine arts building and the gym are two separate buildings and there's an overpass that connects them to the school. Also the MCAS is a huge state test that I have to take. In the tenth grade, if you dont pass it you get held back and if u dont take it, u dont get to graduateTell me what you think because I really want to win this election or just get something out of it.

My fellow class of 2014,

My name is _____ and I'll be running for class president. As the years go by, I notice that the weight of being successful becomes great and at times we find it difficult. My purpose for becoming class president is to introduce our class to a more exciting year, minus the pressure of MCAS and it's impact on our future.

Being underclassmen, I think that more attention is put on the upperclassmen. Vote for me and I will push for an event for ourselves such as a school dance or movie night. In the cafeterias, according to my mother, pizza+milk= many trips to the bathroom so instead of merely ignoring this health issue, I would push for a wider choice in beverages and food.

The main events I want to get to are a Culture day where we gather students of different nationalities after school and we share our culture through food, little stands, food, poetry slams,food, and did I mention food? We could also have a graffiti day-teachers calm down for a sec-where we can spray paint trash cans in our school colors and put a little mural on the roads either between the gym and red/yellow or between the fine arts building and azure/green to represent our graduating class but also to represent our school.

As President, I don't want to ignore the wishes of my graduating class. I want this year to be a year to remember so when we look back we wont think about that pressure to pass MCAS and how boring sophomore year was but that we had an exciting year. I want to get everyone involved into these programs that I want to happen so after we graduate and we have ten or twenty kids, we go back for our reunion and then one of us will say "Hey, remember sophomore year...that was the best." I'm no God but I would like to work for our people's happiness. I don't want to make false promises or just be a lazy president. I want to get to know more students and I want to work for what will make them happy. At first, upon deciding to become president, I thought that this would be a popularity contest. Personally, I would rather lose for having good ideas instead of winning because everybody knows me. I don't want to be picked because you know me as the star athlete on the soccer team or because I've been letting you copy my homeowrk since second grade or even because I'm your best friend. I want to be picked for me.

My main slogan is "Looking back into the future" where we look forward to an exciting year to come and keep it with us when we remininsce about it in our later years . That concludes my speech. My name is ____ and I would like to be your class president.
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:57 pm
Hecate says...

Hey, I really liked your speech. Here are just some things I thought you could change around a bit.

AngelKnight900 wrote:In the cafeterias, according to my mother, pizza+milk= many trips to the bathroom
Perhaps don't mention your mother. Your audience is made up of sophmores who really don't want to hear about parents since they are probably going through a rebellious parent hating stage. Leave out your mom and consider your audience!

I would also remind you to add something in your speech that will allow your fellow classmen to be included in your deciscion making. This is again, considering the wishes of your audience. Perhaps say 'It would be much appreciated getting your ideas on other events we could organize, as I, by no means, represent every single individual's wants in this room.'

But, other than that, it was very inspirational. I liked the bit about remembering sophmore year as the best year ever. Good luck on your elections :)

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope