z

Young Writers Society

Why I Write..

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:40 pm
mkg1017 says...

Since the beginning of time, words have been used to communicate. Words that have been created and evolved to have many different meanings. And some time between the first word spoken and now, a modern world where the most common way of communicating is not with speech, but with text. A time and place where I can get lost in a book, hearing nothing in the real world. I can read a book, and it becomes a movie in my mind. Ever since my first chapter book in first grade, when I could imagine the pictures, instead of have them drawn for me, I’ve wanted to make other people feel the same way about reading.
I want my words to become inspirations to others. My goal is for people to read what I write, and it really mean something to them. There’s no point in writing if there’s nobody to read it.
I write for myself. It’s a way to be completely myself. I can let everything out, or keep it all in. It’s the best way of self-expression that could ever have been created. People, although hoping their words will be published, can be completely themselves when they write. They aren’t afraid of what other people think of it. I can keep stories to myself, making my words nothing but a memory. Or I can share them, and let anyone that cares enough to pick up my work know everything I want them to.
I write for others. Nothing is better than a book that can capture your attention and your heart. I want to be the person that can do that. My shelf of absolute favorite books is packed. I want my stories to be placed on shelves just like that. I’d love for the complex combinations of words that I release from my overactive mind, bound together behind a hard, glossy cover, to be passed on and on for generations to come. I want people years after the publication to cherish the battered cover and yellowed pages.
Writing is just so simple, yet so complex. It shares images, feelings, memories, possibilities, and anything you want it to. I write for myself, for others, for creativity. But mostly, I write to get my point across. Words and stories all jumbled up in my mind, taking up the much needed space; they need to be let out, but kept close. Writing, whether published throughout the world, or in a diary, has more meaning as soon as it hits the page. Because if it was important enough to take the time and write down; or important enough to make it through the cruel processes and criticisms of the modern world, it is obviously good enough to affect somebody's life.
I believe writing means so much to me because it opened me up. I stopped judging people after I went through a memoir-reading phase. “Looks can be deceiving,” is one of the most meaningful and true sayings ever. Most people look nothing like they really are, and writing can reveal their true selves. You really can’t judge a book by its’ cover, because what’s inside is usually shocking and amazing. I wish I could say that I write to show peoples’ true selves, but that’s only something you can do yourself.
I want to write more so I can become at least one other person’s inspiration to do something they never thought they would, or could. To make people realize what I have realized through the thousands of the black, Times New Roman words permanently pressed onto white sheets of history and future.

Note:The format is correct on the official copy, but wont show appropriately after submission here. Sorry.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:57 pm
angel007angel says...

This is good. But I am confused on what the purpose of this is. Is it a poem? Or just something to prove people? I'm very unsure and I'm not sure if I can make a full review as there is nothing really to be reviewing. I am sorry, please correct me if I am so wrong.
- angel007angel x

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:07 pm
Blues says...

Hello, Mkg1017!
D'you happen to be a fan of the Chaos Wallking series? Is that where the '1017' comes from? Anyway. Welcome to YWS.

I really like this too! But as Angel said, what is the purpose? To Explain or to describe or...? It'd help a billion if you did.

I have to say, I loved the ending it was really good.

Sorry if this wasn't much of a help!

Mac

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:55 am
mkg1017 says...

Okay so I had to write an informative essay on the reasons that I write anything in general. Not meant to be a poem, only an essay. I would like to know if any of the sentences don't make sense, or if any of this needs correcting. So the assignment was to explain to my teacher why i write.

Does this help?

ohh and i am unsure of what exactly that series is, but my birthday is October 17th, which is where I get the 1017. (:

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell