z

Young Writers Society

Unhappy almost 15 (part 1)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:26 pm
pencilgirl says...

This story is in parts and its' all true as the story is basically a tale of my thoughts compiled before my birthday. The last part would be posted on my birthday of what actually happened so i guess you can call it a journal series.

27 November 2011

Its' getting colder day by day and as i stare at the fog outside my window i realize another year has passed. I feel depressed and lonely as my eyes once more look at the phone. My thoughts start swirling to the past when the phone use to ring three days ago like crazy planning my birthday. Today, if the phone had rung, my friends and i would probably be yapping about what i should ask for a gift from my brother.

I turned my face away and continued staring at the fog outside. The phone hadn't rung for days and my birthday kept getting closer. Call me selfish but i take my birthday seriously. I'm the kind of person who gives a damn about everyone's special day and their moments of congratulations and good byes. So i established that i should get my happiness when it is my moment and my day and my goodbye! Lets leave out the topic of my best friends excluding me from there world and concentrating on there own individual school lives. Yeah, well we sort of drifted away when we were in our 9 year and got in different schools for different reasons.

2 years ago i would probably be on my way to school in the morning bus with them laughing like crazy. My birthday would be discussed over and over again. Guest list would be scrutinized and edited, gifts would be thought of and in moments of silence individual surprises from every friend would be rehearsed in there minds.

Today, looking out the window, i established that 2 years ago i was happy, two years ago i was with my best friends and two years ago our lives had not changed. Life is harder now, its' busy and its' difficult, there is a lot to endure and go through. Life has changed and every year i accept that when my birthday comes closer.

They forgot me and i had to forget them. New issue of this awful before birthday drama, my parents have restricted my birthday this year because of a family members death. That means no party,no cake ceremony and...most probably no gift. Well...i'll live.

1 December 2011
It's like every element in this world was mocking me! I walk past a bill board i see a party organizing advertisement! I sit around school with a couple of friends i get offered a slice of cake by any random birthday girl! I just got home and turned the television on. Wizards of Waverly place is on, the episode where Alex is getting a Quinceanera!

What a day at school! Homework load, presentation pressures and all the rest of high school crap. Highlights of the day, i aced my math test, i got a good grade and a pat on the back in religion and i was walking out of school when a chit with someones number on it was thrown at my face.

So many birthdays in November and December, i might have eaten quit a lot of cake these two months. My friends are awsome. They involve me in practically every celebration and treat. The atmosphere around me is light these days and even though i can't help picture myself in the birthday girls' shoes i continue being hyper and making their day.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 am
hudz96 says...

hey pencil girl :D
I really liked the first entry of your diary, its very much like reading from a book. But i will admit i got a little lost at the jump when you were walking out of school then you started coming across lots of friends and all. Maybe you should have added a little bit more in between those two paragraphs other wise i enjoyed reading it. and I just wanted to say since these are real emotions at play. Everything happens for a reason, and the things thrown at your face on the path of destiny isn't always a tiara on a silver cushion, but whether you survive the dilemma in a good way or bad way depends on you entirely. You can turn around and smile at the disaster after you beat it or you can let it swallow you whole and destroy you in the process. Get up girl and dust yourself off when you fall to the ground. Its not the end of the world.

:D will there be a part 2?
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye