z

Young Writers Society

Over Forever

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:36 pm
Chevy says...

I have never known I could be so happy until I met Travis.

It all started at Bransby Outdoor YMCA about five minutes from my house. It was July 6, 2004 the day we met. Around 11:45 AM. It was lunch time and we happened to be sitting across from each other.

"You're Travis, right?" I asked, trying to strike up conversation.

Slowly, he looked up, his brown eyes shining and he braces showing. "Yeah," He replied bashfully.

Not much was said after then, and I had to find a way to say something else--he was just soooo cute.

Well, I couldn't think of anything and then I started talking to the Twins, my two friends name Amber and Ashley, who were sitting next to Travis on the other side of the table. I immediately started talking about cars, which happens to be something that's a favorite of mine. Well, like most guys, that got his attention and we started talking about Camaros and engines and stuff. It was great. It was like we had known each other for years. Amber told me later that we looked like we were on a date, the way we were staring into each other's eyes.

A couple of hours later, Travis bought me a soda and came and sat down next to me. After I opened it, he immediately starting drinking out of it and nearly finished it and when I asked him why he had done it he said, "Well, I bought it, didn't I?" With the biggest smile on his face. I couldn't help but laugh, but from that moment on, I knew I was in love.

The next day was even better. We talked more and we sort of hung out together. He was seriously a flirt and was doing several things to mess to with me. I was enjoying it one hundred percent and I was so excited that I had finally found someone who paid attention to me that I happened to like.

The week continued on with me and Travis being good friends and then the horrible day of Friday came along. Travis made the announcement that he wasn't coming back to the camp until the week after next and the next week happened to be my last week.

I nearly fainted. That meant that I would never see Travis again. Well, you know how shy I am so I didn't ask him for his email address and he left, and I had the thought that I would never see his bright smile again. I nearly cried to my friend Justin and he asked me if I liked Travis. I told him that I did and he said that when he saw Travis again, he would tell him so.

Well, I was happy enough with that, but I had to find a way to see Travis again. So, I asked my mom if she could let me go back another week. She said that she would see what she could do. So, I went back the next Monday. No Travis. And I was sad, and I was unable to enjoy myself.

That night, when I got home, I told my mom that I didn't think I was going to be able to go back this week and I really, really, really wanted to go back the next. So, she made arrangements for me to stay out that week and then go back the next.

Ofcourse I was excited. I was going to see Travis again! So, the next Monday came around and sure enough, Travis was there. Well, it turns out, Justin told him alright that I liked him but he also told him that I TOLD HIM to tell him. I was so angry with Justin, but then I realized that I couldn't be mad with Justin because he was only trying to help.

So the week went on and Travis and I went on and on without saying anything about me liking him. Well, I didn't find out until afterwards that Travis was so delighted to find out that I liked him, he went around telling people that the two of us were a couple! There were a lot of rumors going around and I wasn't sure if to believe them. I had even heard that Travis wanted to go with me but was just to shy to ask. I had heard it from his friend who made me swear that I wouldn't tell Travis otherwise it would mess up their friendship forever.

Well, on the last day, Friday, Travis and I were spending time together alone and we were singing "This Love" by Maroon 5 together and now, everytime I hear this song, I want to cry. Then, the best thing happened and I missed my oppurtunity.

Well, you see, there was this 13 year old that we called Conrad and he loved me. He followed me around everywhere and was always hanging on me. Well, while me and Travis were together, he came along and tried to get in between us and stuff. Well, we didn't let him and he eventually left.

"I feel bad for him, because he likes me so much, but I don't like him at all," I said to Travis.

"Well, do you like anybody here?" He asked. I knew and he knew that he knew the answer--he only wanted to hear it come from me.

Well, all I said was "Yeah" and that was it. That was it between me and Travis. And I never saw him again and I probably never will. I miss him so much. Well, I guess I learned my lesson about speaking up.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:46 pm
Firestarter says...

Wow....that was powerful. I feel so sorry for you. Most of the story...I was there like "Tell him, tell him, TELL HIM"....Really emotional though. It's not common when you see a real life account of an event. I love that Maroon 5 song, and I know what you mean about a special song.

Anyhow, really good.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:39 pm
Chevy says...

I'm glad you liked it...I was struggling on rather I should put it here or not because it's not a story...but it's one very important lesson I learned about life...glad you liked it!

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus