z

Young Writers Society

Sorry to Mubarak, Due to My Lack of Manner

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 pm
Gheala says...

I've never written a non-fiction piece, but what I'm about to write isn't truly an article or anything of the like. It's just an insight that I felt compelled to share with everyone.

I'm Egyptian and of course that nationality is accompanied these days by the memory of the fresh revolution in Egypt. I felt bad for something and I need to share it, even if you might think it's insignificant or useless to be mentioned...

During the last thirty years, in Egypt, we've been through various stages of injustice and so people demanded the departure of the corrupt system. As a result, I started cussing Mubarak and other people in the system, praying that they would die or talking about them badly in front of people.

I hate that, because now I found out that Mubarak is sick. I had no right to cuss or pray against him or anybody else, because I'll never know how unfair he was to people and that's something only God will know. I had the right to ask for the changing of the system, but I had no right to treat him that bad (even if without him knowing).

So, I'm sorry, even though there probably are no Egyptians here. But still, no human should be talked about badly and I need God to forgive me. I'm Muslim and talking about people in a bad manner is a sin.

I apologize, I repent and I pray for mercy and forgiveness to be granted to him..
I'm back to my YWS after months of disappearance, hoping that I'd gain the immunity of books and quills against the harmful realism of our world.

In case this made no sense, I'm just saying that I'm happy I'm back!

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:15 am
Jennya says...

I am not Egyptian but I have been following the story on the news. It's good that your getting your feeling out. :) Personally i don't believe that he is sick but only saying that so he can leave with some of his dignity intact. I wish your country good luck in forming a new government.
Stay gold, Ponyboy - S.E. Hinton

71 Reviews

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm
Gheala says...

I think he's truly sick, but who can be sure anyway? Yet again, I did feel bad because I used my freedom of speech a little too far.
And thanks for that beautiful wish!
I'm back to my YWS after months of disappearance, hoping that I'd gain the immunity of books and quills against the harmful realism of our world.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 pm
Blues says...

Hi Gheala! (Or should I say, Ahlan!)
I don't live in Egypt, although I am an Egyptian myself. Do you know if Mubarak was ill (or they said he was ill) before the revolution? What was the atmosphere like during the revolution?

71 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:18 pm
Gheala says...

Nobody knows for sure. First, they said he has cancer, then they said he doesn't. But I say he's old and it's normal if he was ill.
But during the revolution, there were more than one feeling. Some people disliked the revolution and others chose to die for its sake. But no matter how differently people saw things, it was mostly because they feared for the country. The one who fought for freedom feared for Egypt's future and the ones who disliked the revolution feared for their own lives and their children's as well.

But I can tell you that most of the nation is now completely different than before. They are more alert and more ambitious.

You heard about the Israeli problem that has happened lately? I don't think we'll forget like before.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 am
tamtam97 says...

I'm an Egyptian n' I live in Egypt. I mean no harm but it's just I think you're wrong. Why are you saying sorry?! You're answer would be because you're feeling guilty. But let me pay your attention to something. Why hasn't he ever said sorry?! Why hasn't he ever felt guilty like you?! Whether he has cancer or not he should speak up n' at least give an apology to his people. But he didn't! So he just deserves this. He deserves God's punishment! I'm a Muslim too. But I'm a Muslim who never offers mercy for a murderer!

202 Reviews

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:15 pm
Blues says...

Tam, he's not exactly innocent but it's not nice to insult an ill person, who ever he is. I think it's nice that she's apologising. It's not like she's saying "I LOVE HOSNI MUBARAK, HE'S THE BEST AND EGYPT SUCKS WITHOUT HIM"... And if he gives an apology, that means he's saying his guilty of the charges, basically. He might say sorry after the trial's over, but he probably won't. He was the most powerful man (or one of) in the Middle East anyway!

Israel should seriously apologise, but unlikely. They're probably worried that we'll start a war, but that wouldn't be clever because they'd nuke us.

71 Reviews

Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:52 pm
Gheala says...

Yes, that's exactly why I apologized. I don't like accusing someone of something, unless it's in their faces and they could speak back. I have no idea whether he'd apologize or not, but I honestly don't think anybody would accept it. Imagine if he truly ordered the internal affairs to kill the protestors, would the families of the martyrs care about an apology?
They'd only want punishment.

I don't encourage wars, unless one is ready for it. I do think we need to put some things straight with them, even if USA is on Israel's side. They just must know that mistakes are not as tolerated as before.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:07 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Hey!
What should we apologize for?!
we had nothing to do with him being sick or with him being a dictator!
How come even from an apology to mubarak you decide we have to 'be taught'?!
I'm sick of it!
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:25 pm
BenFranks says...

Every human needs to vent their anger, speak out and release some kind of pain on somebody. Whether you believe he is sick due to your doings or mere coincidence shouldn't be thought of. You should understand, in yourself, that what you said was anger towards his government and actions - not to him himself. How you communicate that anger may be inferred as hostile to himself as a person, but if you think about it for yourself, how did you really mean it?

You need to understand yourself, more importantly than anything.

71 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:38 pm
View Likes
Gheala says...

SubjectBlue, do you think it's legitimate for Israeli soldiers to shoot Egyptian ones without a just cause? Try to know the real story, please, before you become too aggressive or angered by my words. My point is simple: When people don't do anything wrong, they don't deserve to be killed on borders. And tell me something, did any Israeli soldiers die by Egyptian guns? No, no Israelis had died. So, whose fault is it? Nevertheless, we are waiting for the results of the investigations that Israel has promised to make.

Franks, I do understand myself perfectly. Hm... I'm aware that it might be slightly difficult for you to completely comprehend my point because it's mostly based on my religious preachings. In Islam, it is a sin to speak of someone behind their backs. Besides, when I wrote that insight, we were still uncertain whether he ordered to kill the protesters or not. Until we're absolutely sure, I cannot speak badly about him. You understand what I mean?
I only wish for justice to take place and there is no need to cuss him, but to only demand he gets the perfect judgment for whatever deeds he committed.

That's all. :)

202 Reviews

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:23 am
Blues says...

Well said, Gheala.

Blue, I think you're talking about something completely different XD
I meant that Israel should apologise for killing those Egyptian soldiers when they didn't seem to be doing anything. Netenyahu - OK I can't spell his name but I think you know who I mean - said he gives permission for Egyptian soldiers to enter Sinai because in the Camp David accords back in '79, Sinai was demilitarised and therefore no soldiers were allowed there. The Israeli PM gave them permission to enter because - this is according to the BBC which is neither Arab or Israeli so they could've got it wrong - Sinai became lawless so they brought soldiers to keep control. If the Israeli Prime Minister didn't allow them to come into Sinai, even though it is Egyptian land but Sadat agreed to that term, then the Israelis could have a case for killing them.

So by killing them, Egypt as a nation feels violated and unhappy that something like this was allowed to take place when the soldiers where only there and were there to keep order and peace. It also makes us feel that Israel can boss us around when they started the whole problem by killing these soldiers which is why people don't like that any more and don't want to take it. The peace treaty is still in place so there's no reason to start a war which is only going to destabilise the whole region and start WW3. It only isolates Israel even more because all it's neighbours are now against it - Egypt's angry about the murdered soldiers, Turkey's angry for Israel raiding a ship and killing its citizens when the ship's intentions was peaceful - an aid ship - Jordan isn't looking too happy I don't know why, Lebanon's got Hezbollah who are against Israel, Syria's got it's own problems AND has the Golan heights occupied with settlements which are illegal in international law and I'm surprised why they haven't taken the thing to court, the UAE are angry about that assassination in their country - people with Israeli stamps on their passports aren't allowed there - a few years ago, Iran's hated it from the start and Palestine is trying to go for UN memberships because the Peace talks haven't worked - again.

Perhaps not in the greatest of situations.

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara