z

Young Writers Society

My Breakup With Sweets

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 pm
foreveradreamer says...

I was writing an article for a paper and then this happened.......

Dear sweets,
I am so sorry to say this but I am breaking up with you.
You may have kept me thinking your the only one for me, you are not irreplacable! While a big bowl of mint-chocolate chip ice cream makes my mouth water, I've found a replacement. A little stick of gum sugar-free and five calories. It tastes just like you and the pleasure of mint chocolaty goodness lasts a whole lot longer. You may comfort me with your chocolate cookies and brownies but I've found a healthy alternative to your fating attempts to keep us together. A chocolate granola bar, 90 calories from Fiber One knows how to get me to feel better, and keep me better. It has a splash of the chocolate you drew me with but it includes rice and oats which are essential to my diet.

While your soda kept me smiling and awake through the day you would often slow me down later in the day. Vitamin Water, zero calories, with no added sugars but many vitamins manages to keep our relationship steady and doesn't make me crash and burn. I'm sorry to say your bipolar disorder has gotten out of hand.

While our relationship was nice I can no longer be with you. I know your friends are taunting you now that I am twenty pounds lighter and no longer over weight but you should have know the consequences of your actions.
XoXo,
KLP

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm
Kagi says...

Well, Kcp! :D

This is an interesting one, I don't normally look at articles but it was in the *Less then one review column* so I decided to be nice and review for a bit.
I think I'l change my mind about articles, if they're a bit like yours, they're not so bad, infact they're rather enjoyable!

Its tough giving up sweet things, I have the biggest sweet tooth and not boasting here, but I don't seem to put on any weight. Recently, I have added on some pounds and even though, looking at myself I'm not fat, I hate seeing myself even the teeniest bit heavier on the scales. So I decided to go down to two sweet things a day. Its going good so far and I feel like I've really achieved something even though its so teeny. :D

Good luck with the whole no sweet thing. Its hard but after a while, without being like all those dumb girls who refuse to eat anything with calories in it, you begin to realise just how much calories there is in things you don't even need!

The site below is a really interesting one and ,again, without being all O.T.T. its good to know what your eating every once in a while.

Count your calories!

Good luck with everything,
Kagi
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

NO U
— Carina