z

Young Writers Society

Hope, and strands of life. :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 pm
ahmedBurooj says...

There's always a rainbow on the horizon, after a storm.
The Sea is always calmest after(and before) the tempest.
Spring always creeps in, after a frosty winter.

It's just a matter of time, before the sun of a new day arises, bringing with it renewed hope, while eliminating the daunting darkness.
It's all about hanging in there, and standing up to face your challenges. Hope and success might be late, but come they will. After all, they're so many people that need hope. Maybe it just got caught up somewhere else.

The thing about us NAIVE creatures is that , whenever we don't get something that we would've liked, we get all grumpy thus creating an unhealthy and unfriendly aura, that deflects the sunny warmth that most people radiate. Our society, is very closely knit, yet one loose strand, could destroy our integrated community , and lead to a devastating aftermath- segregation, and staying aloof.

Remember, every morning, you have a choice. You can either Smile, or Frown.
So smile. It's the healthier alternative.

Every time someone makes a mistake, you have a choice, too. You can either laugh it off, or get enraged.
Laugh it off, and tell the person that it's okay. It's called being Human.

Every time, you don't get something that you want, you have a choice. To be grumpy, or just forget about it.
Forget about it. You'll get something better. It's the smarter way to go.

How you feel, and what happens to you, is all about Karma*. Be good, and good shall be done to you.

*Karma- "Is the concept of 'action' or 'deed', understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect"
Somewhat like The Butterfly effect. For more info, please visit: Www.wikipedia.com

Life's-too-short-to-be-indifferent-ingly Yours.
Why can't we have drops of sunshine, and rays of rain?

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:51 am
SmylinG says...

Here to review! Hold on to your hats..

Okay, so the obvious things:

There's always a rainbow on the horizon,(I'm not so sure you need this comma here.) after a storm.
The Sea (sea needs no capitalization.) is always calmest after(and before) the tempest.
Spring always creeps in,(Same goes here for the comma. Although, if this had been a part of a poem, which to me it sort of sounded like, I would've probably left it. It just doesn't seem as appropriate here.) after a frosty winter.

After all, there are so many people that need hope.

The thing about us NAIVE (Perhaps italicize the word naive, like so, instead of having it in all caps like the way you wrote it.) creatures is that , whenever we don't get something that we would've liked, we get all grumpy(.) Thus creating an unhealthy and unfriendly aura,(no comma needed.) that deflects the sunny warmth that most people radiate.

I really liked the last sentence of that part there.

Our society,(Remove comma.) is very closely knit(.) Yet one loose strand,(Remove comma.) could destroy our integrated community, and lead to a devastating aftermath- segregation, and staying aloof.

Way too many commas were used here in the span of two sentences.^^^

You can either smile, or frown. (I'm not quite sure why you capitalize smile and frown)

It's called being Human. (Same goes here with the capitalization of human.)

Every time,(Remove comma.) you don't get something that you want, you have a choice.

How you feel,(Remove comma.) and what happens to you, is all about Karma*.

So, that wasn't too bad. I think what you were lacking was a certain depth. You could have further elaborated on this entire piece. I'm sure you could have probably made it into something a little less simple than what it was. But its certain level of simplicity also showed its assets. Nice work here I think. Maybe next time though it'd be wise to ease up on the commas a little. ;)
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm
ahmedBurooj says...

Ah, thanks! And yeah, it seems i did miss punctuation class. :)
Why can't we have drops of sunshine, and rays of rain?

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42