z

Young Writers Society

I write for homeless perverts!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 am
Kevothewriter says...

Why do we care what people think. Essentially we are programmed to really only give a damn about our own welfare, which then means that whatever we think people think of us, and its importance really is not as important as we thought it was. Is it not that we see the world in relation to ourselves and therefore whatever someone says to you, or thinks of you, is really what they think of themselves at the present moment, or what they thought of themselves at some point in their lives.

I mean seriously, how many time have you had conversations with people and they tell you all kinds of hogwash about where they think you need to improve your character, or what you need to be doing less of, or doing more of. I have been told several times who I am and where I am going. Well, that’s kinda stupid cause no one really knows the next person like that person knows themselves, and anyone, which is all of us, which has the audacity to harbor an opinion about the next persons “comings and goings in life” should really book a session with Dr Phil. Essentially I am saying that we are all assholes, and that we maybe might want to live outside of ourselves for a moment and that would, by some miracle, lead to us to experience the joys of life , and that would maybe make us a little less miserable?

So please, I appeal to myself and those of you who have the pleasure of reading this, to give less of a porcupines ass about what people think about you and YOUR life cause chances are that they really don’t give a rats arse about you in any case. Of course I’m not saying you should pounce around naked with a Columbian baby up your behind, all I’m saying is that you should filter the advice you take, and maybe sometimes you need to mind-slap some people for being so publicly insecure about themselves.

So my peoples, those of you who I have met, and the others that have added me due to blatant curiousity, and a inability to be exciting enough and therefore need others to excite them ;) I say to you ----> HAPPY LIVING :)

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 pm
Dreamwalker says...

I do agree to this on a level, but mostly I will have to disagree on a formal standpoint. We are born with the need to have others. Its really simple, I think, simple because when one is an infant, they need someone to love them, feed them, change their diapers and what not. We cannot live alone and thats whats taught throughout our childhood.

So its this ridiculous need to impress and or have people near or around us that makes us human beings. That makes us who we are, unfortunately. The whole 'act' or whatever you call it not because we think thats what we want other people to think about us, but more so that we want people to be willing to accept. If they are not willing to accept us on the terms of our own ways, our own ways seem to be not worth it in comparison to being alone.

I do agree that we should be happy within ourselves, and often enough that is what leads to good and honest friendship, but you can't blame people or think any less of them simply because they are afraid of being alone. And trust me, everyones afraid of being alone no matter the person. No theatrics here or anything. I'm not going to be the hero and say that lonliness never affected me.

So its not really a matter of someone liking your lifestyle choices. Merely accepting them.
~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:14 pm
Kale says...

This was rather difficult to read, for several reasons. First off, your punctuation was inconsistent, especially regarding question marks. Most of your questions end in periods, which makes your reader do a double take as they have to reread the sentence to figure out that, yes, it is a question. The same can be said of ending a statement with a question mark, which you did once.

The second reason this was difficult to read was your lack of organization. This rambles, and you leap from idea to idea with little to no connection. This wreaks havoc on your arguments, and made me wonder the entire time I was reading this why I was bothering and what does most of what you're saying have to do with your main point? It makes it difficult for your reader to take you seriously, which pretty much defeats the point of tackling such a topic and posting it publicly.

Lastly, you used a lot of profanity in this, and it really detracted from any impact this essay might have had. Resorting to profanity to make a point basically signals to your reader that you could not or did not take the time to think up anything better, so why should we waste time reading something someone lacking in the intelligence required to communicate properly.

If you want this to be read and received by more than a select few, you will have to organize your ideas and points better so that they flow logically, making this piece easier to parse. Cutting down on the profanity (ideally eliminating it entirely) would work to lend credence to what you say, as would having proper punctuation. As it stands, even though I read the entire thing, I didn't get anything out of it because, after the third sentence or so, I started skimming and couldn't stop because there was no solid thread leading from one idea to the next.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl