z

Young Writers Society

Dear Santa

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:44 pm
fading-dream says...

Dear Santa;

This year for Christmas, I don’t want anything. There are a few reasons for my request which I will go into soon. I hope you don’t find me too rude or bad, though I guess it really doesn’t matter as I don’t even want coal this year. Anyway, I’ll get onto it.

I find you creepy and a little weird. Once a year, you come down children’s chimneys to bring them gifts. Not only are you guilty of breaking and entering, but you go behind the backs of parents to deliver things to children. You enter their houses while they are sleeping, drink their milk (which, by the way, is pretty expensive), eat all of their snacks and deliver who-knows-what to little, innocent kids.

Worse is the fact that you know when they are sleeping. Many nights before Christmas I have laid awake on my bed, terrified of any sounds or noises that should disturb me. Since no one sees you, whose to say what else you do while we, the children, sleep. Is your wife creepy too? Does she approve of this borderline pedophilia? And how do you make a list? How do you know who has been good or bad? I have come to the conclusion that you are always watching, which raises serious concerns.

Another scary thought is your use of slave labour. You force midgets and children to go to your shack in the coldest place on Earth. You deprive them of their parents, any home, and any sense of freedom. How can you laugh so jollily? How can people allow this? You also, somehow, stunt their growth. What happens when that doesn’t work? What do you do with the elves (which is very racist of you) who die. I’ve never read of anyone returning from the North Pole, nor has anyone else. You force them to wear hideous green clothes and build toys for others while they get none. Do they even get statutory pay for working over the holidays? Do they get paid?

You also have an endangered species, the reindeer, whipped and force them to be mutated into flying creatures. You make them travel the world while endangering their lives. Do you check the structural integrity of the houses they land on? They could fall through at any moment! They could die!

So, Santa, I don’t want anything from you. You are a creepy, old man who likes to sneak into sleeping children’s houses. Please stay away, far away, from me and my family, or there might just be a fire in your doorway.

Sincerely, Jaret Martens
Current Project: Otherworld (Novel) - 11,000 words so far
Latest Story: Overflowing Emotions.
Past stories: Burning Apart, The Beast, Binding Darkness - Ch. 1, What David Taught Me, The Banquette, Mirror of Memories, Leaving Humanity, Little Green Men, Six Days

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:04 pm
View Likes
ChibiGiraffe says...

OMG, this was amazing. If I could sit here and like this over and over again, I would. Awesome job. :D
WARNING:My avatar contains copious amounts of Duke Devlin. Women with heart conditions are not advised to look directly at Duke Devlin. This also goes for women without heart conditions.
He's very pretty. See? See how pretty he is? He's VERY pretty.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:15 pm
Jessa says...

Lol this is great! I loved how you took such a cheery subject such as santa and made him into a creepy person.

I didn't find anything wrong with it. The spelling and grammer all seemed good, or at least there was nothing major that stood out.

Please keep writing!!!
-Jessa
Love is like a butterfly, it settles upon you when you least expect it.
Drew Marrymore

~Jessa~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm
bigdreamsforagirl says...

Hahahaha this was a rather funny poem but i liked it :) goood job!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:51 am
fading-dream says...

Woah, I forgot I posted this. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I personally consider myself to be an awful person because this is what happy things make me think of. Actually, it's all because of "Santa Claus is coming to town". That song gives me the creeps!
Current Project: Otherworld (Novel) - 11,000 words so far
Latest Story: Overflowing Emotions.
Past stories: Burning Apart, The Beast, Binding Darkness - Ch. 1, What David Taught Me, The Banquette, Mirror of Memories, Leaving Humanity, Little Green Men, Six Days

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena