z

Young Writers Society

It was then that I carried you

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm
dolwright says...

Sometimes, I wonder if I am capable of living the life God has called me to live. I am not even near what I'm meant to be. They say faith is what I need,''the evidence of things not seen", I need to look beyond the now, I need to see through the eyes of my maker, into the future he has planned for me. But I'm too bent down to see, my soul is downcast and all I see is what lies below, the remains of hope and trust in human strength. I want to beleive, when the weight of worldly cares weigh me down, and my fragile heart can't take it anymore. I want to be assured that in desperate times when I don't feel his presence, he's there with me. I am going down this road alone, and I don't have a clue as to where next to turn, I want to give up. Then I get on my knees, and I hear his voice, saying, ''I love you...my daughter..and I would never leave you"; "when you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you"; "come let me put you on my shoulders, with faith rise up and see what great things I have in store for you". His loving arms carried me and I found my way, when I am on His shoulders I can see as far as I need to beleive.Even at times when I feel I'm alone in the valley, God's presence is there with me, he's carrying me, and I need not be afraid, I'm on His shoulders.
Last edited by dolwright on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'when I'm gone, my words will remain...
your word is a weapon, either of destruction or re-construction, whatever you make of it,
It's your choice.'

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:13 pm
dragonlover92 says...

This was awesome! First I thought that u wanted some guidance but than you seemed to guide yourself rate to were you were speaking the words that God put on your heart and just reading this i felt closer to God.
in a world full of copycats be an original

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 am
Bromthebard says...

I agree with the above comment, at first I was thinking you were needing some guidance, then you just evolved into guiding yourself, you seem to me like a good example of a Christian. You are strong in faith, stronger than I will probably ever be. May the Lord bless thee and keep thee. I'll try to remember you in my prayers. Thank you for this post, it may help me out with my faithfulness. Thank you so much.
I am.... a New Age Inkling! We must continue the fight for young authors, for it is the brave mans part to write with glory or with glory be rejected! (taken from a fellow New Age Inkling, Highlander)

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

53 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:36 pm
dolwright says...

thank you all for your comments... i'm totally overwhelmed and this has encouraged me to write more. God bless you all..
your word is a weapon, either of destruction or re-construction, whatever you make of it,
It's your choice.'

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:58 pm
Stori says...

Me thinks this could use some help.

''i love you...my daughter.

Don't forget, "I" is always capitalized. Don't ask me why, though.

when you saw only one set of footprints,

This would be a perfect time for a new sentence to begin. Otherwise we have what's called a run-on.

53 Reviews

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 pm
dolwright says...

thanks stori, for that correction, i've made the corrections on that line.
It's your choice.'

Reviews: 3
Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 pm
holliebear says...

Wow! I love it! I've been going through a valley here lately myself and this has totally cheared me up. I thank you for writing what God has put on your heart. Please write more! :)

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman