z

Young Writers Society

deleting from forums

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 pm
remember20 says...

Sorry guys can't figure out how to delete posts
Last edited by remember20 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:54 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Hey,

So I'm not sure whether this was a joke or if it was serious, but none the less, it was hilarious. You started it off pretty strongly and while my face was looking a bit like this: o.0 at first, it soon reverted to this: XD. You had very serious vocabulary that reminded me much of a How-To sort of article. This was really funny and really well-done.

Favorite Line: If your boyfriend never wears anything but the items mentioned above, and maxes out his credit card at Johnny Cupcakes to boot, you might want to look into a new boyfriend.

Grade: A+

If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to PM me!

~jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:22 pm
View Likes
DragonGirl11 says...

:smt044 Oh my goodness, that is epic! I am definitely trying this.

Seriously, nice work. The satirical how-to kind of attitude was awesome. It's a sweet idea! Add those spot-on descriptions of Gatorade, and you have a mind-blowing article. Gatorade definitely tastes just that disgusting, unless you're way too hot and sweaty anyway.
You grabbed my attention with the title. I read the first couple paragraphs going, "Uh-huh," but then I went from this: :D to this: :smt043 . Loved it!!!
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:47 pm
View Likes
EmilyofREL says...

Hilarious...and making me wish more and more I had a boyfriend I could do this with.
My favorite part was this line here "Boyfriend Gatorade Fights are a milestone of any successful, healthy relationship between a tomboy and her Player 2/grocery store llama/airport chauffeur/manuscript proofreader/sandwich provider/basketball rebounder/fiance." :D I want this boy.
Best "how-to" article I've read in a while ;)
Formerly EmilytheNovelist
REL stands for Rachel, Emily, Lauren, the initials of my triplet sisters and I
“I wish my stove came with a Save As button like Word has. That way I could experiment with my cooking and not fear ruining my dinner.
”

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 pm
View Likes
spinelli says...

remember20 wrote:Boyfriend Gatorade Fights

Unbeknownst to many people, Gatorade tastes bad on purpose. Yet, this neon-hued, slimy, not-juicy-nor-watery substance that is advertised as athlete sweat, and happens to surprisingly taste just like athlete sweat but with a higher sodium content and more high fructose corn syrup, has a method to its madness.

I'm sure a lot of people [and by "people" I mean "English teachers"] would absolutely HATE this sentence, but I've always been a fan of awesome, so kudos to you.

remember20 wrote:For Gatorade was not meant for consumption through your mouth anyway.

But instead of using "For" maybe you could use "This is because" or whatever. I like how fancy "for" sounds, but it confuses me when I find out the rest of the sentence is actually a fragment, and then I realize I have been tricked by syntax.

remember20 wrote:Is he wearing a T-shirt that is less than six months old, or that cost more than twenty dollars? (Ideally, the shirt should be a free Mentos one he got at school that says 'get fresh with me', or that washed-out pink one with the holes, you know the one, that he won't throw away because he doesn't care how ridiculous he looks in it.)

lolololololololololololololol [<--spoken phonetically]

remember20 wrote:Another thing to consider is what he is doing at the moment. Your boyfriend is acceptable for a BGF if he is not A) performing open-heart surgery or B) crying at the moment of Initial Gatorade Impact.

I wish I had known about A before... the INCIDENT O_O

remember20 wrote:Also, depending on the Location and how familiar you are with it—friend's house? His friend's house? Your house? Narita Airport?

Yeah. I was kinda bummed when I realized that didn't say "Narnia Airport."

remember20 wrote:Oh, it is ON, honey buns, and you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Stick it to the man!

remember20 wrote:Who wins in a Boyfriend Gatorade Fight? Well, the definition of winning itself is rather fuzzy in this activity, as the attire of everyone involved will be equally impregnated with a rainbow of Blue #11, Red #40, and Ambiguous Lemon-Lime Aroma by dinnertime. However, just like on Xbox Live, depending on your tactics you can obtain bragging rights by owning your opponent through sheer cunning and pluck. Say you bust out an Epic Wallrun up a six foot stone wall, at the top of which is a palm tree. While your boyfriend runs after you, you muscle-up the wall, grab the trunk of the palm, pull yourself up it, and from that Diabolical Vantage Point, rain lukewarm red ick onto your partner while he helplessly tries to return fire but is Thwarted By Gravity. All such techniques carry disadvantages, however, as your boyfriend's bros will eventually hear his lament and come over to give him a boost so he can claw his way up the wall, since you will have a much more difficult time going down from the palm tree than you had climbing up—especially if your limbs are covered in a sticky, slippery film of Cherry Rain.

I dig this muchly.

remember20 wrote:Boyfriend Gatorade Fights are a milestone of any successful, healthy relationship between a tomboy and her Player 2/grocery store llama/airport chauffeur/manuscript proofreader/sandwich provider/basketball rebounder/fiance.

Every girl's dream.

OK so I like it. I'm not going to review it other than say that I like it because, really. What are you going to do? You speak the truth. This was entertaining though, and it reminds me of a much more clever, artificially-flavored version of my own writing. Except I'm terrible. I forgot how to read once. True story.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

Wow, this was hilarious. Your diction was so serious and matter-of-fact the whole time, which was awesome! It was so pointless and ridiculous and strange. :D My favorite line was definitely when you said people who are alergic can wear a space suit. I had this mental image of a girl wearing a space suit drenching her boyfriend... :D It's hilarious! Good job!
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:45 pm
reaganpark says...

Oh my gosh! I love this!!!!!!!! I was laughing through the whole thing. This makes me want to plan my own Gatorade fight.

If your boyfriend never wears anything but the items mentioned above, and maxes out his credit card at Johnny Cupcakes to boot, you might want to look into a new boyfriend.

So true. :smt003

Depending on how far away from you your boyfriend is when the onslaught begins, it will be either easy, or super easy, to squirt your initials into his tank top in gorgeous, glowing purple athletic supplement.

I never knew that Gatorade could be so fun!
WE ARE DAUGHTERS of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:03 am
View Likes
remember20 says...

spinelli wrote:

remember20 wrote:Another thing to consider is what he is doing at the moment. Your boyfriend is acceptable for a BGF if he is not A) performing open-heart surgery or B) crying at the moment of Initial Gatorade Impact.

I wish I had known about A before... the INCIDENT O_O

LOLOLOL
Thanks for the nice comments all you guys

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:42 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Hai!

I'm lolling. Oh yes. It's a pity that I've never even heard of Gatorade before this, so if I ever come across it in the future, I'll only associate it with Gator-spit, which is like the grossest thing I've heard all day.

I'm not sure if you want dead serious criticism on this, but it was very well and entertainingly written, and whether it's because my brain is slightly mushy right now, or because you did such a good job with this, I couldn't find any major mistakes at all. XD

I would point out this paragraph:

Is he wearing a T-shirt that is less than six months old, or that cost more than twenty dollars? (Ideally, the shirt should be a free Mentos one he got at school that says 'get fresh with me', or that washed-out pink one with the holes, you know the one, that he won't throw away because he doesn't care how ridiculous he looks in it.) If so, he's probably not going to be into the spirit of the BGF and you should wait until he dresses down a bit. If your boyfriend never wears anything but the items mentioned above, and maxes out his credit card at Johnny Cupcakes to boot, you might want to look into a new boyfriend.

It might be the aforementioned mushiness, but I found this a bit difficult to read, and I had to go over it several times before I realised what you meant. I think it's because you start off with "is he wearing this type of shirt?" then do a parenthetical "he should be wearing this type of shirt" then go back to "is he wearing this type of shirt and what you should do accordingly" and then "refer back to the second sentence to understand this one".

Yes, my brain is mushy. If that made no sense, then Wall me, and I'll try and clarify. XD

-twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour