z

Young Writers Society

Who doesn't like drama?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:49 pm
ShadowDweller says...

Who doesn’t like drama?
People like the dramatic. It’s the truth, and it’s usually a sad one. No one watches a movie with no conflict or reads a novel about sunshine, puppies and rainbows. Drama, especially the drama of other people, is entertainment. And answer me this- who passes up free entertainment?

You probably ‘forget’ a firmly upheld rule and then argue about it, or you take a stand on a matter that ‘you always thought was incredibly important’ or maybe you just go searching for a bully. Do you know why we do this? Why we go through these self-induced hells? Because we like it. It’s a rush. The rush of getting friends on your side or slapping someone with a witty comeback, we’ve all experienced it and we all know that it’s sweeter than honey.

But is it worth it? I give to you a real life example:

Kayli (yes that’s her real name; I’m not changing things) tells Sara that she broke up with her boyfriend, Spenser. She didn’t, she only made herself a liar. Sara can’t stop talking about it. Kayli gets mad at her for doing this. Sara gets mad at Kayli for being mad at her. Then, Kayli goes up to talk with her still-boyfriend and Sara’s protective instincts go into overdrive. Amy and Sarah Renee have to hold Sara down because if they don’t, she’ll make a scene, and that will land the lot of them in detention. When Kayli gets back, Sara can’t control herself, she’s nearly to full on ranting. Kayli snaps at Sara to stay out of her life.

Sarah Renee then stormed out, sick of it.

So that’s what happened? You got pissed and wrote an article, way to be a writer!

That’s not what happened.

What Sarah Renee did was pretend to be fine for a class period to please Amy. Then, the feelings creep out next period and she’s pushed to the point of tears when she gets a C on her Geometry Quiz, and has her math teacher question her about it. She’ll be embarrassed every time she sees him now.

Then she got pissed and wrote an article.

You may have questions about this. They may be:
1. Well why didn’t you just tell Sara that Kayli was lying?
2. Isn’t this article just going to cause more drama if/when they see it?

My poor excuse is as follows: I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t want Kayli mad at me. Maybe I just
wanted to see how things would play out. Maybe I secretly was enjoying the drama at the time. Maybe I just don’t freaking know.

And as for the second question… probably. It might just make everyone über-mad at me for writing about them (and not even bothering to change their names). It might ignite three burning rings of drama and I’ll come down in flames. But it helps me. Writing this has helped me. I’ve calmed down and I’m not so pissed at my friends anymore. And if it does splash back on me… well who doesn’t like drama?
"His destructive programming is taking effect. He will be irresistibly drawn to large cities where he will back up sewers, reverse street signs, and steal everyone’s left shoe."

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:40 pm
SteppinRazor says...

well who doesn't like drama?
haha I so get you! My whole family is pure drama! For example yesterday my cousin (who is a HE) was getting loud and being OVERLY dramatic I told him to let go of my little cousin and I grabbed his hand to remove it he went psycho slapped my hand away was all 'Don't touch me!" and really I wanted to burst out laughing but the fact he had the nerve to slap my hand and advance up to my face pissed the hell out of me I was just waiting for him to hit me! he looked like he wanted to, and honestly I want him to do it, not because I love drama but because maybe then SOMEONE will side with me! Instead everyone ganged up on me, so it was fairly dramatic and amusing(for me that is). But anyway hope things don't get to crazy for you.

Tidal waves they rip right through me
Tears from eyes worn cold and sad
Pick me up now, I need you so bad
Down down down down

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore