z

Young Writers Society

Guest Star

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:06 am
Joanne Adylse Lynne says...

By the way, this is something I wrote and posted on my blog http://silentoddity.blogspot.com. It's about someone I once cherished and still respect. Do review.

Life, resembles an extended movie, with an unending soundtrack. We- as self-centred as human beings could be, are almost naturally the protagonists in our own stories. Most people only have cameo appearances, coming and going without really making an impact on the audience. Few characters stay with us throughout the entire story.

And there's always someone- at least one person, who would show up briefly. Everybody knows that he will appear at some point. Everybody awaits this very-important-person. On cue, he appears on the enormous screen, and the audience attention is fixated on the events surrounding him. Then, like a whirlwind, as abrupt as he shows up, he vanishes when he's no longer needed in the story. Just like a hurricane. He goes on to make impacts on other lives.

There has been such a person in my life.

He was a friend, a confidante. Despite being of the same age, we were like father-and-daughter. He, the protector, forever available when fatherly advices were needed. Me, the jovial, vivacious child that I used to be, who would cheer him up whenever life got him down. He reaffirmed the values that I already had, and made me realize that I don't need to alter them in order to be like everyone else. He once told me that if he ever has a child somewhere in future, he would want one like me.

But something happened. Perhaps not as dramatic as in the movies. A rift caused him and some of our friends to have a fallout.

I tried to bring them back together. I wanted everything to go back to normal.

But he had enough. He also had enough of me, I suppose.

Like a whirlwind, he was gone. Forever.
http://silentoddity.blogspot.com

I'm not weird, I'm just limited edition- something I saw on a classmate's T-shirt.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:15 am
MaryQuiteContrary says...

I've had a few of those and they are always bittersweet. I pine away for what could have been, what I felt should have been. Sometimes, though, it's best. You can't keep a whirlwind in a cage, it will never sing as sweetly. Treasure the memories.
-=Mary Mary Quite Contrary=-

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea