z

Young Writers Society

Euthanasia- it murders humanity!

Isn't legalising euthanasia a stain on humanity?

No
30%
Yes
No votes
Depends upon the extent of suffering.
60%
Better to have a peaceful death than to bear life at it's cruel form.
10%

Total votes : 10

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm
Rika says...

"You matter because you are You,
You matter to the last moment of your life,
And will do all we can,
Not only to help you die peacefully,
But also to live until you die"
-Dame Cicely Saunders,
Founder of Hospice

Whose life is it that we are talking about? Is it ours the way it so claimed to be? The bitter truth of life is that though we tend to boast of being the sole owner and regulator of our life, yet we have the least right upon the breaths we take. Neither can we enter this world on our own choice nor can we leave it depending on our will. From the Soviet Gulaz to the Nazi concentration camps or the killing fields of Cambodia, history is evident that the granting of State Legal Authority to kill innocent individuals has had dreadful consequences. Again, there arises the fundamental question about euthanasia ; whether it is a libertarian movement for human freedom and the right of choice or an aggressive drive to exterminate the weak, the old and the different. this question needs to be pondered upon.
How can killing a person be a solution to unanswered cries and unheard woes? It isn't surrendering from the life's battlefield encourage cowardice. Isn't giving up an easy escape? The terminally ill are a class of people who need protection from family, social and economic pressures and who are often vulnerable to such pressures because of chronic pain, depression and effects of medication. Euthanasia is not a solution. Rather it leads way to quit. It violates the humanitarian perspective of life.It drains hope; hope that someday the deceased smile will return, the eyes filled with silent pain will again sparkle with renewed life and the death bed will be bade goodbye.
If it is legalized in the lower income countries, it will be an easy way to silent the deprived ones. Advantage would be taken by illegal medical practitioners. What if a a doctor announces a person having curable prospects to be terminally ill for ransom? The basis of the Hypocratic Oath will trickle down to mere ashes.The society attempts to turn the life-saver physician into a cold-blooded murderer.Human rights will become null and void Is it justified to stop the heart -beats of a defective child ? That day isn't far when a physician prescribing a 'death' medication will be an everyday affair.The right to live will be snatched away from the ones struck by merciless old-age. Patients suffering from AIDS, the differently -abled ones and others with varying disorders will be provoked to kill themselves. It might be used to silent a weak witness in a judicial case.In many parts of the world where women are victimized by chauvinistic attitude, euthanasia will come as a boon to them!
Life is a mysterious miracle. It is to be lived with smiles, suffered with tears and fought with courage. However, no matter how tough it may get quitting is not the solution. Being humane will then be just an affair of the past.

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:43 am
Rika says...

Criticism, any piece of advice and comments are sportingly welcomed!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Hi Rika! :)

Okay, so! For me, this sounds like you are arguing an argument that doesn't really exist, if that makes sense. That is, typically the argument for euthanasia is that the person is suffering and that sometimes people really do want to die because they are suffering so much. In this article, you are rebutting an argument that doesn't really exist by implying that those who would support euthanasia would be forcing people who didn't want to die to die and that those who wanted to die were cowards.

I think what you need to do is do some research on THEIR side and understand their arguments and then rebut them. You have some really good points here, but I think at this point if they were to read your points, they would dismiss what you've written so far since you are rebutting points that they don't even believe in. SO! Do your research and argue against their points, and things will be much better.

Hope this helps! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:33 am
Rascalover says...

Hey!
Thanks for requesting a review! This was an interesting piece, but I agree with Snoink. I don't really see the main argument here.Maybe research it a little more and then make some opinions, but... this might be hard but try not to force your opinion; I hope that makes sense. I'm sorry this isn't exactly the best review, so if you have any questions or need another review feel free to ask!
Have a great day,
Tiffany
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
— Mark Twain