z

Young Writers Society

Twilight

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:39 am
View Likes
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I just want to say something. Did those books really have to be that long? I mean, it seemed like Meyer just rambled about nothing for a hundred pages and then maybe something sort of interesting would happen. Those books could be way shorter.

I mean there are long books, but at least those books were interesting.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Reviews: 3
Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:03 am
View Likes
Cheshire-Writer says...

mhmmcolleenx0 wrote:I just want to say something. Did those books really have to be that long? I mean, it seemed like Meyer just rambled about nothing for a hundred pages and then maybe something sort of interesting would happen. Those books could be way shorter.

I mean there are long books, but at least those books were interesting.

I know and it wasn't just long it was repetitve, the plot of the series could have been easily put into two books instead of being dragged out that long.

Reviews: 3
Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:48 am
View Likes
Dash_ says...

I loathe Twilight.
There is no character development.
Bella is just attention seeking, she gets a great start. when you start a new school you'd want people to be friendly and nice, she gets that. She gets the awesome guy, but she still finds something to complain about.
Edward acts like her Dad and he gets boring after awhile.
And vampires sparkling? What a joke.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:41 pm
View Likes
Chloe(: says...

I know people are saying that everyone who complains about Twilight are just jealous of Stephanie Meyer and her riches and fame and everything and that we just envy her.

To add to your comments...
How can we be jealous of Stephenie Meyer and not of J. K. Rowling? I love the Harry Potter books and I'm not envious of them, and I'm sure many of us can say the same.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:25 pm
View Likes
pudin.junidf says...

I liked it. But the principal character, bella, is such an idiot, she's always like "you die I die, you live I live." And she's so sexually needy, she talks about how much she wants to sleep with Eward since like the second book. I liked the rest of the characters and stories.
And for the plot...NO COMMENTS!!!
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:53 pm
View Likes
MagnusBane says...

Twilight was just... ugh. I don't understand how people could like those books. Edward is a crazy stalker with control issues. He crawls through Bella's bedroom window and watches her sleep. If that's not a ten on the Creep Scale I don't know what is. Bella had the intelligence of a turtle, and she was the dullest character I've ever read about. Slogging through those books was just torture. How did Meyer even manage to get it published? She's a shame to writers everywhere.

And the ending of Breaking Dawn was just pathetic. Meyer just got lazy and couldn't bear to off any of her characters. I personally would have been delighted to have Edward and Bella keel over at the end, but no, they have to live happily ever after... Gag. I hate romance books, especially bad romance books.

~ Maggie
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:44 am
View Likes
skutter11 says...

I think that it is a travesty to literacy. But, hey, at least it was a break from Harry Potter.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 pm
View Likes
MiaParamore says...

Whatever it is,I think Bella is so stupid. She is so dull and unhappy all the times. She spreads moroseness.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:25 pm
View Likes
Kaedee says...

Twilight was okay...but nothing great. Just a week ago I got myself to read it, since my friends kept on talking on and on about great it was, and what a fantastic writer Meyer is. I can't imagine how people can think that Twilight is one of the greatest books in the world, since in my opinion, it's nowhere close to that status. But I still don't think Twilight is horrible.
The funniest part in the story for me (though Meyer definitely did not mean it to be) is when Bella describes how 'sparkly' Edward is. I mean sparkly vampires? Come on! :D
The characters didn't seem to have very complex personalities...they seem a bit 2-D to me, as everyone else said. Meyer had an interesting idea for Twilight, but everything became a bit boring for me in the end. At times she was also very repetitive in many different ways.
Twilight is mainly just a fad. I'm sure other people have said that already before me. I don't have a very strong opinion about it, and I don't think I'm going to be checking out the next book (whatever it is! :P ) anytime soon.

~KD

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 am
View Likes
Krupp says...

...So today in my class on Faulkner a girl tried to defend Twilight and actually attempted to put it on the same pedestal as anything Faulkner has done. God help us all.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:52 pm
CharlotteGrace says...

Yeah same here. My friends and my cousins were talking about "how great the twilight series is and your weird if you've never read it." So I read it and thought they are the weird people for liking it so much. It's just another vampire-love story.

Now the whole twilight series has kicked off the years of the vampires. Like there's that new vampire show, um what was it, oh yeah, VAMPIRE diaries. And all the books are being made into movies. People are going to get tired of it fast. I hate it.
"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." -Lucille Ball

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 am
JazzberryJam says...

I liked the first three Twilight books.

I thought that they were very entertaining. They don't have any universal messages to be gained from them, they're not particularly literary, but they kept me entertained.

Breaking Dawn on the other hand had no redeeming features. Like the first three books, it contained no message whatsoever (except maybe "don't have sex before marriage"), and the plot just failed on so many levels. It was only entertaining in the same way that a car crash is.

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:26 pm
Kaedee says...

But the more that I think about it, Twilight is actually pretty bad. Bad fad. (Ooh, that rhymes!)

~KD
Perfect things in life aren't things.
Spoiler! :
*_______*

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 pm
View Likes
Rodhead says...

I'm reading "the Historian" at the moment! It's brilliant! :) Has any body read that one before? :)
Impossible is a word to be found in a dictionary of fools- M. Thatcher

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

I've tried to read that before, Rodhead. ;) It's huge! Never got around to it though. :/

BUT! A great series of Vampire books is the Noble Dead Saga, by Barb and J.C. Hendee. Just awesome. :D

Never read Twilight...never will.
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot