Yes, I do believe in love
But love will not believe in me

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:17 am
Noelle says...

Hi there!

This is really good. It flows well and the chorus is amazing! I love it. You rhyme scheme is a little sporatic here though. The first stanza has an ABAB scheme, and so does the chorus. But then the second verse, there's no rhyming at all. If you're going to rhyme, keep it consistant. I think you should change that verse so it rhymes and add another line to it while you're at it. Without a fourth line there you can't hope to have that ABAB from the first verse. Then there's the chorus again, and then you have the bridge. The bridge goes ABABCC. This is okay seeing as the bridge is the place where it varies from the original speed, tempo, rhythm, all those things.

Overall, good job with this. Keep writing!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

Random avatar

Reviews: 100
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am
NaRachel says...

Oh my god, yes its me again. Sorry if my reviews are annoying you, but i was just going through lyrics and yours is coming up quite a bit. Ok yes, i admit the title is very cliche and corny, but NEVER judge a song by its title right? Ok out of the three (i think its three) I've reviewed i think this is the least classy and probably technically speaking good. BUT, I still really like it. I think when i say it's not as good i mean that sometimes it is verging on soppy and for-want-of-a-better-word corny. But when i say verging i mean that its not overly so, its not cloying or anything bad. I love your chorus it's simple, written badly it could've been cliche but the way you've written it i think it works! I really like the line
Anger takes the place of love when it goes
but then i kind of expected something brilliant as a continuation of that in the next line but i was left confused, i don't really get the line
Reeling without you is the pits
. Do you mean that your trying to survive without them in this messy, massive dark pit- because if you do than that's a really good image- but if you don't then i've completely missed the mark. I also love the line
Leaving me is just really cruel
, I've noticed you've got this kind of style to your writing which that particular quote encapsulates. I really like it, it's kind of a "Did you really have to do that?" tone and it's kind of questioning and complaining at the same time but it's really good. I think the reason it's good is it really brings the reader/listener closer into it because it makes them feel your pain, its also kind of conversational as well, i dunno its just kind of brings you closer. Anyway, good job! :) Keep writing- Rachel
"You grow, you grow like tornado
You grow from the inside
Destroy everything through
Destroy from the inside
Erupt like volcano
You flow from the inside
You kill everything through
You kill from the inside"

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:17 am
JabberHut says...

Hi, Lies! Back for more! :]

So I don't really have any nitpicks! I think what you have here is absolutely wonderful. Really, the only comment I can make is that it could be tied more with the title, whether that means making minor edits or just lengthening the song. For instance, these quoted bits here:

My only wish
As for right now is to
Erase who we were

It's just I became so lost, love
Stealing happiness from you, my true love

They both directly relate with the title (and chorus). But everything else -- the beginning, middle -- all center more around the "love will not believe in me" line. So the purpose of the song seemed a bit backwards to me in that respect. There wasn't enough "I do believe in love" in the song to explain the title. It was a little too mopey compared to the more hopeful title. Maybe a third verse would benefit the song here? You know the music, so that's all up to you.

I love your chorus though, and I love the idea behind the song. It's all so wonderful, but not quite tied up nice and neatly yet. So hopefully I made some sense in that respect. xD Very good job though! *likes*

Keep writing!

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

"Please put me in the quote generator whenever you like."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi