Young Writers Society

Camp NaNo July 2023: Angel Astrid

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:06 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 19
Done! I think I'm almost done with Ep 3, since it's getting a bit long, so I'll be moving some of the things I was planning for 3 into 4.

One thing I am still unsure of that is already important and necessary is the description of the monsters that will begin to emerge to terrorize Elmere. I haven't decided yet if I want them to be more like ancient monsters or technologically created monsters. Deciding this will probably set the trajectory for the antagonist's motives, etc.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:54 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 20
I wrote a lot today and I also decided how I wanted the monster stuff to go (plus some antagonist motivations). Some Jhémes snarky moments came into play in the scene I’m writing.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:54 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 21
Since the opportunities have been presenting themselves, I’ve been on a roll with writing these past few days. Today, I have pretty much finished Ep 3 and moved on to work on Ep 4. I’m starting to try to insert more of Angel’s feelings of insecurity or fixation on the way others view her.

81 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:20 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 22, 23, 24, 25

I wrote a lot for Episode 4 and I began to do more outlining for the upcoming episodes.

81 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:27 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 26
Today I just planned out the rest of 4 and all of 5. Hopefully soon I’ll be able to share some (probably?) funny stuff from the parts I wrote in the previous days.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

You're doing great, @Lael! Love that you're also working on outlining future parts.

I’m starting to try to insert more of Angel’s feelings of insecurity or fixation on the way others view her.

I really like this idea as well - comedy + character development = win
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

81 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:39 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 27, 28, 29, 30
Wrote some more and planned more episode parts. I’m considering doing some light edits on some of the earlier parts so I can share them with everyone once the Social Week event starts.

81 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:53 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 31
I did more planning (trying to focus on character dilemmas) and more writing.

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:39 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Character dilemma/conflict is such an interesting aspect of story development and I love that you are emphasising on that. Also, congratulations on completing Camp, Lael! All the best with your writing!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

81 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:03 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Thanks @Liminality and @RandomTalks! I really appreciate your encouragement through this Camp :)

81 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

This is just a little announcement that I posted the first 5 parts! Check out The Main Character Syndrome of Aynnhailleah Angel Astrid: Episode 1.1 here!

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas