Camp NaNo April 2023: Angel Astrid

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:48 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 7
I did more outlining for Episode 2.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:09 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 8
Wrote the opening scene of 1.3
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

81 Reviews

Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:42 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 10
I did not write yesterday. So far today, I have added more to 1.2 because it felt like a few more things could make it better.

81 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:25 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 11
I wrote a few lines of 1.3

81 Reviews

Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:32 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 12
Not much today because I’m still busy with things, but I planned out a detail for Episode 3 and I thought of a way to possibly tie this story with another idea I have so that they could be in the same story universe.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:46 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

MULTIVERSE!!!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:36 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Spoiler! :
This is seriously going to be an interesting and funny story :D I thought the name was supposed to be pronounced as ainn-hail-leah only to discover it's pronounced as annalee. Omg it's hilarious

81 Reviews

Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:42 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

@ForeverYoung299 Thanks! I’m working towards making a funny and (mostly) lighthearted story :P

81 Reviews

Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:26 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I don’t know if I’m going to actually do this, but I’m considering just calling certain luxury brands in the story things like Parade, Door, Blueberry, Dewey Button and Good Cheese. If you know, you know :D

81 Reviews

Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:04 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 13
I wasn't able to do much today either, but I continued writing a scene of 1.3.

My development of the day is that I'm leaning towards making Jhémes oscillate between saying a lot of things at once in an almost friendly/flirty way to Angel (while staring into her eyes) and being a "man of few words," AKA quiet and broody and maybe a bit prickly (lots of silent staring) like the Lone Wolf ^TM that a good YA male lead should be :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:33 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Lol, those brand names! XD Had to search up a list of luxury brands to match up all of them, but Louis Vuitton -> Dewey Button and Gucci -> Good Cheese cracked me up XDD Also love the way you're playing with character tropes! =P
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

81 Reviews

Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:24 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 14
Wrote much more than the most recent previous days, which still isn't a lot, but I worked on 1.3. I have a feeling that it's about to get super long in comparison to the other parts, though, so maybe I need to rearrange the part cuts once I'm done.

81 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:33 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 15
I finished writing 1.3, so it's on to 1.4! To tell you a bit of what's going to happen in 1.4, Angel gives Jhémes a tour of campus after the headmaster begged her to in 1.3, but she's going to be turning this into a bit of a nosy interview.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:41 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Spoiler! :
Ooh a nosy interview <.< sounds like an interesting twist! :D I can imagine some talk about backstories might happen . . .
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

81 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:52 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 16
I don't have a lot of inspiration for 1.4 yet and I still need to do more worldbuilding to develop the general layout of the school, so I started writing Episode 2.1 instead. Although she will be showing up at the end of 1.4, this is the first time I'm writing Kennard Academy senior class's resident mean girl (who tries to compete with Angel and is jealous of her). Her name is Genevieve Ardemore, and she is here to create a scene because of an unprecedented academic upset that happened due to a certain super handsome, white-haired guy.

I've also noticed just how many times I have to give some sort of super extra description of Jhémes's physical features. Meanwhile, Angel doesn't get enough of that, so I'm going to have to add in some more superfluous descriptions of her looks/style as well.

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx