Young Writers Society

Camp NaNo April 2023: Angel Astrid

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:28 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Day 27
Hopefully not done for the day yet, but I just wanted to share that, with a bit of help, I made up the name of one of the remaining boys on Angel’s team. His name is Henry Frassel, but everyone calls him “Frazzle” or “Fraz” and I’m sure you can guess why.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:03 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I’ve got something going on right now that may make it difficult for me to finish out the last days of Camp. It’s not like I could very easily finish my goal anyways, but it so happens to be this way. I’m going to try to do some more but we’ll have to see.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon May 01, 2023 10:59 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

I've been really enjoying following your progress through this story, Lael! All the best with your writing!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

81 Reviews

Mon May 01, 2023 12:33 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

@Liminality thank you so much! This definitely isn’t the last of this story. ;) I’m planning to keep working at it from now on even without a challenge

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon May 01, 2023 3:50 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Congrats on being pretty consistent this month! And I look forward to seeing where this story goes :)))

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Mon May 01, 2023 6:02 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

I really enjoyed following the updates and excerpts you shared throughout the month, Lael! All the best with completing it and thank you for all the kind comments you have left on my thread!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Tue May 02, 2023 8:33 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I loved following your updates this month Lael - thanks for sharing with us! I hope we see more of this story on YWS soon <3

81 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2023 1:53 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Reflections
1. Did you meet your month's goal? - I did not come close, due to my life and other circumstances. I probably was also overestimating myself.
2. Did you manage to write every day? - No for the same reasons.
3. Which was your favourite scene to write? - I think it was probably the Genevieve and the exam ranks reveal scene
4. Who was the most difficult character to write? - I am between Angel and Jhémes. Jhémes because I’m still trying to balance his two sides (plus it feels so clunky to write him at times) and Angel because I feel that she gets a little swallowed up when she’s in the same scene with Jhémes if I’m not careful. I could make a play on that since it’s bad writing for the protagonist to just be pushed around by others like an observer, but I’m not sure yet.
5. What would you do differently next NaNo? - Keep a better schedule and be more disciplined. Next time, hopefully I won’t have all sorts of things getting in the way as well.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon May 08, 2023 4:45 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
It was awesome seeing your progress this Camp NaNo, Lael! Your story seems super entertaining, and I always loved reading the snippets (they brightened my day!) ^-^ Great job this month, and best of luck with this in the future!! (I would love to read and review it if you post it on YWS =P) <333
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.
— Rick Riordan, The Heroes of Olympus