Young Writers Society

Camp July 22: EVERY REASON WHY

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:37 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY FIFTEEN/SIXTEEN
What a week! Didn't write nearly as much during the week as I intended. I wrote a fair amount yesterday and had plans to write the same amount today and catch up to my word count goal. After celebrating a friend at a baby shower today, I didn't quite have it in me to write 2000 more words, which is fine! So I'm a little behind my overall goal with plenty of time to catch up :)

We're also FINALLY past the midpoint!! I feel like I've been approaching the midpoint for forever, and I'm pleased with how act 2 turned out. Onwards into act 3 as we move towards the dark night of the soul :)

Weekend: 2534
July total: 10913
Manuscript total: 37042
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:44 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY TWENTY-ONE
Wow it's so hard to write during the work week! I'm still very much wanting to reach my overall month goal, and if I can write 2200 words today, Saturday, and Sunday I'll be caught up again, so let's see how that goes! (might bribe myself with 1 hour of writing = 1 hour of sims 4 again but with the caveat that I can't cash in on sims time until I finish writing for the day lol)

BUT! I did have some good think time while I was driving around this week, and I think I have a clearer direction for what I want to do in act 3. (truly so many ideas come to me while I'm driving)

Today: 907 <-- lol sims 4 got me again
July total: 11820
Manuscript total: 37949

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b][color=midnightblue]DAY ONE[/color][/b]

[color=lightsteelblue][b]Today:[/b]  [/color]
[color=lightsteelblue][b]July total:[/b] [/color]
[color=lightsteelblue][b]Manuscript total:[/b] [/color]

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:43 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY TWENTY-TWO
We've reached another Saturday writing day!! (I love saturday writing days!) I'm going to 25 minute sprint my way to victory today! (with my primary goal being hitting 40k and hopefully going beyond that)

I have a vaguely clear path forward with the next few scenes now too (I was about to run out of scenes). Hopefully tomorrow I can finish loosely plotting the next chunk of scenes and maybe finish a whole chapter?

Today: 2135
July total: 13955
Manuscript total: 40084 <-- yay 40k!!

Ask a Therapist!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:45 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

WOOO, congrats on 4k!!! :D :D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1162 Reviews

Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:45 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Spearmint wrote:WOOO, congrats on 4k!!! :D :D

<3 <3 <3

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:36 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY TWENTY-THREE <forgot to post this on the 23rd......
25 minute sprinting my way to victory again today!

also looking back at my previous attempts at this story (which are conveniently located in the same scrivener file blessings to scrivener) this is around the point that I fully wrote into a wall the last two times. BUT IT'S TRULY A REAL PLOT NOW. This book has *such* a different feel from the last two books I wrote (light, happy rom coms). While this book has plenty of light and cute moments, it's definitely not a rom com. I'm still really enjoying the writing process for it though because I love these characters so much :)

Today: 856
July total: 14811
Manuscript total: 40940

ALSO I accidentally wrote a pitch for what will be my NaNo book and I'm very excited <3

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:52 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY TWENTY-FIVE
oops now I'm getting tempted to abandon ship and start working on my regular nano book because I wrote that pitch and husband and I have been talking about it and we have *plans* and bless him <3 but I still need to figure some things out with that book and I'm not *quite* ready to write it. and I don't want to face @IcyFlame 's wrath if I fail to finish a draft of this book for the third time SO I'M CLOSING THAT SCRIVENER FILE AGAIN AND I'M HERE WRITING!!

Today: 658
July total: 15469
Manuscript total: 41598

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:09 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY TWENTY-SIX
Last night I had the foresight to jot down some notes about what happens next in this scene, love that for me. I'm also sitting down to write TWO days in a row during a work week for a change, look at me go!

I'm really close to finishing a chapter and I *could* finish tonight, but I also want to watch ER and knit, sooooo.......

Today: 1036
July total: 16601
Manuscript total: 42730

Ask a Therapist!

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:40 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Woo! Love those thousand-word increments! All the best, @Carlito!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:41 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Woah, those numbers are big! (Probs a better way i coulda worded this) But anyghost, good job! I hope all goes well for you! :D
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor