Young Writers Society

Camp NaNo July '23: Legend of Haoyin

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:20 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Yep, I'm doing an AtLA/LoK fanfic for Camp NaNo.

Realistically this is just going to plotting for the most part. This story will be about the Avatar after Korra, Haoyin, and his struggles as an Avatar in a modern world filled with strife between benders, non-benders, and spirits, between technology and tradition.

The world is going to be a lot, and this story is going to be a challenge from the very beginning. To build on such an established and beloved universe is daunting, and to do it justice is even more so. I've had this idea in my head for a long time now, and I'm not sure if I'll be writing just yet, but I want to share my ideas with you all while I'm forming them.

Comments are welcome! I value all feedback, especially if you're a fan of the universe!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:01 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Wood! Not sure about Avatar, but it looks really complex (though good), so the more part to you!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:27 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Thank you @Snoink! This project is ambitious but I'm excited!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:19 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I'm not super familiar with Avatar, but your idea sounds cool and I wish you the best of luck with your plans this month!! :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster