Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:03 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS A NEW (UNLIKELY) ALLIANCE.

AHHHH.

... on a related note, I wrote a lot last night. I also trimmed a lot of the old stuff that I wrote that didn't work (about 2k words). So, overall, there is a little over 8k words now... some of which is an outline.

Things are about to move fast...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:49 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Keep up the great work. *Thumbs up* It sounds like you're about to knock out a lotta writing soon. I'm excited for yuh!!
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:31 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

- I finished the scene that I had been working on!

- then... I got distracted. My daughter finished the third book and she really wants to read the fourth book, so I started cleaning up some of the scenes so the writing isn't rubbish. (Also, I tamed some of the romance, because I feel self-conscious.) Anyway, overall I cut out almost 1000 words today...

- and I tweaked the scene that introduces the Archondid/ Eurodities subplot. I want to add a bonus scene to that subplot in another chapter... maybe tomorrow.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

AHHHHHHH.

I... am probably not going to finish this chapter by tomorrow, lol.

My daughter is desperate to read book 4 now, so I basically edited the first half for her really quickly and am rewriting certain parts for her so it's not a complete and utter mess... just a complete mess, haha.

SO. In my quest to make it cleaner, I...

- Clarified the villain monologue in the middle of the book

- Rewrote the ending of the last completed chapter, giving a character a proper death scene. Also, rewrote the ending part to use a gimmick which I allllmost didn't use, but then decided I couldn't resist using the gimmick, haha.

- Am in the process of writing an additional scene which should hopefully provide some closure to a narrative arc.

- A thousand little edits...

ANYWAY. The chapter that I wanted to finish should be finished soon, but like... I have so much to do tomorrow. And tomorrow is the last day so I am proooooobably not going to make the deadline. Whoops...

But hey! That chapter has like... almost 9k words, now that I've chopped several bits, so we're really close!

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:44 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Well done, Snoink! I'm actually really curious how many people are going to meet their goals. I doubt I will make the list. Haha. But, you did great. You kept writing and did some editing. Important stuff there! So, don't feel bad if you can't meet you're goals. You did awesome, anyway! *Cheers for you*
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter