z

Young Writers Society

Camp July '23: A Winter's Funeral (2nd Draft)

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:38 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Great job writing this week RandomTalks! You're almost there :D

Worked on Chapter 14 today and realized how taxing it is to switch perspectives in every chapter (especially when the characters aren't all that fond of each other).

That makes a lot of sense. I can imagine if you switched perspectives fewer times there would be less of a need to show each character's very different opinions/takes on the fixed set of plot events that occur?

I also did a little planning for the climax and decided that I still don't have a clue how the whole thing is going to pan out.

Ah that's relatable. The good thing about drafts is that you can always change them later!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:59 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Hey, RandomTalks! Just jumped in to check out your project ad wanted to say it sounds cool! Sometimes the simplest characters and plot goes a long way! I also love how you're keeping up with all the days. Nicely done! Wishing you inspiration and time to write!
-Kaia
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:27 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Thank you @Liminality and @KaiaJersaga!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

150 Reviews

Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:03 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

You're welcome as always!

659 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:06 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 29

Late with the update, but did not get to write much that day. Just revised chapter 14 and made some minor edits.
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:13 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

day 30

I planned the ending a little and decided to tie everything up within 17 chapters. I don't want to add an epilogue since I have a sequel planned for this story but I think a conversation between the siblings in the aftermath of everything would be a good way to close this chapter of their lives.

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:31 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

day 31

Drafted the ending today but I feel like my goal isn't complete since I still haven't worked on the climax chapter. I think I need to get a firmer sense of my characters to truly understand how they would handle that scene. But its the last day of Camp, and its a miracle I even got this far considering my schedule. So I guess, I'll take what I can get!

― Margaret Mitchell

150 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:15 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

You did awesome! I often do a bunch of drafts for a scene like the one you were describing up there. You might find that helpful. Either way, you did great in reaching your goals and have no reason to feel bad about what you didn't accomplish. You did a lot and that's what matters!

659 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:46 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Thank you for the support and the kind words, @KaiaJersaga!

― Margaret Mitchell

150 Reviews

Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:48 am
View Likes
Kaia says...

Glad to be of help! :)

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster