z

Young Writers Society

BIG Changes to Roleplays

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:19 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Okay, these suggestions are all coming from a humble JM, but although these ideas are up for discussion, I think we all recognize that there's a problem with the Roleplay forum! The PROBLEM (and it is a terrible problem) is that there are not nearly enough roleplays featuring Bob, the new YWS overlord.

Look at this travesty! This is the front page of the Storybook Sanctuary, and there is no Bob content at all.

This is no way to show respect to Bob. Bob gets unhappy if he doesn't get respect, and you all know what happens when Bob gets unhappy. (It has been 3 days since the last instance where Bob got unhappy. I do not want to see that counter at 0 days again.) So, in the interest of pleasing Bob, I am bringing a couple ideas to the table.

1. Replace DungeonMaster with Bob: I mean, we all know Bob really controls everything behind the scenes. We might as well give him credit for it.
  2. Establishing a quota of Bob references/mentions in a roleplay: I'm thinking something like minimum 1 Bob mention per 2 SB posts, 1 per 5 Realm and Duo posts, and 1 per Hollow page. These numbers are just suggestions, not exact, but remember, more Bob mentions is on the safer side!
  3. Encouraging with threats of goos unleashings characters named Bob: I understand that fantasy is a popular RP genre on YWS, but someone's character name that they planned to be cool and aesthetic is just going have to take one for the team.
  4. Change Roleplay Month 2023 to Bob Month 2023: You know the reasons, satisfying all-powerful overlord Bob with attention, etc., etc. Honestly, I'm not sure one month is enough to please him-- should we just make all of 2023 into Bob Year?
  5. Award Bob badges: I can imagine some of these changes might not be appreciated by many roleplayers, as they are... rather drastic. But! Good participation in honoring Bob should be rewarded. Therefore, I propose implementing Bob badges for active roleplayers as incentive.

Thoughts? Any additional suggestions? Expectations of reaction to these new changes?
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:26 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Can we implement Roleplay Badges with some Bob references? Maybe something like:

-Write Bob posts or Bob words (up to Bob's discretion)
Reward: Bob credits

I know July is usually Roleplay Month, but that seems too far away for Bob Month. How about April? Bob Month is more popular than anything else that might be happening in April anyways.

Now that I'm thinking about it, a month might not be long enough. Bob year?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:37 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Good thinking! Maybe Bob credits could be redeemed for approval from Bob? Or possibly amnesty from Bob? They could certainly have some kind of value.

It’s also good we’re on the same page about Bob Year! I’m sure anyone who had plans for April (no one anyway, right? ha) will understand that Bob Year is just more important, so we can start Bob Year in April and hope that he will be pacified for the next two weeks until then.

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:41 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Yesss Bob Year! What if we made a Bob Tagbook and awarded all participants in the tagbook with the super snazzy Bob Badge?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:25 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I like the idea of the tagbook! However, @Shady, you’ve made a bold statement with the design of your badge. Does anyone truly know what Bob looks like?

silver (she/they)

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:45 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

^^^ Has anyone ever seen Bob?

Also, I know I'm not a roleplay mod, but I have a small suggestion: what if we rename the "Roleplay" tab to the "Bob" tab? If we're going to have a Bob year it's only fitting we change the tab indefinitely.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:48 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Bob told me to pick a generic masc-presenting individual to be his representative in order to maintain his air of anonymity.

But fully agree on the tab change name! What if instead of "roleplays" they were now called "Bob Books"? I'd be honored to lead the Bob Books Crew.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:03 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

... this is all terrible and you all should feel terrible for thinking this is a good idea.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:08 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I have always though Bob was more of an amorphous blob type creature, but we here on the Staff are respectful of how people and blobs wish to present themselves to the public
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:11 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Non-RP Person popping in here so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think this is really awesome work on all of y'alls part. NaPo has only thrived with the introduction of a "central theme" and I have high-hopes that RP-world shifting to be more theme-centered is just what we need to get people excited about a compelling new player in the world of YWS.

I was honestly under the impression that Bob was a chicken, but it is none of my business if Bob chooses to RP as some sort of man so I'm going to stay out of that.

Good luck and really strong work here!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:29 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

I really don't mean to step on any toes here, but April is typically dedicated to NaPo and I wouldn't want Bob's official launch to detract from that. Would it be at all possible to push it to May?

Again, I do not mean to intrude or impede on Roleplay Crew's - pardon me, Bob Books Crew's - plan! So if April's really non-negotiable then go ahead.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:05 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

@Seirre, unfortunately, we can’t delay Bob Year any longer. It’s become a nightmare— sorry sorry, a most wonderful time!— averting another Category Five Bob Incident, and I don’t think we can carry on as is. Bob Year must start soon, and that must be April.

However, if you and Poetry Crew want to replan NaPo to be more Bob-friendly, like how we’re replanning the RP Bob Books forum, so that NaPo can still exist in some form, please do! That would be a great event to kick Bob Year off— perhaps you could make a rule that all poetry has to rhyme with Bob.

silver (she/they)

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:54 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I have always though Bob was more of an amorphous blob type creature

I must say this is how I also assumed Bob existed, being the all powerful being that Bob is.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:41 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey y’all! I know I’m not currently greened but honestly I’m wondering if we should just get rid of the concept of roleplaying and replace it with Bob stories? Or make a rule where every collaborative piece needs to have a minimum of three Bob appearances? Thoughts anyone? I think it might help to appease Bob’s wrath a bit.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

135 Reviews

Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:09 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Yes! I am strongly in favor of Bob Books, and we could either require a minimum amount of Bob features in a Bob Book or establish a regular quota of Bob mentions, like the example in the first post.

silver (she/they)

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb