Young Writers Society

The Puppet Master (New Version)

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:07 pm
View Likes
Searria H. says...

Spoiler! :
This was posted earlier in the form of an exercise I tried with no dialogue tags or extra description. Yeah...that didn't work too well, so I completely rewrote it. It still needs some work, though. Thanks in advance for your time. I hope you enjoy. :D I promise I'm not usually this morbid. :twisted:

He was waiting for her in the study, the place of his birth. He stood in front of her desk with his back to the doorway, running a gnarled finger back and forth across the five-toned scale of the miniature wind chimes. His left fingers twitched nervously about the side of his head, twisting and tugging on the dark hair above his ear. The sleeves of his ratty jacket rustled with each motion. He always wore that shredded piece of leather – it had become something of a signature.
She was not surprised to see him, but the sight of him nevertheless made her tremble. She stood in the doorway, glued to the threshold like a child terrified to enter a dark room for fear of the monsters hiding within. She was certain he was aware of her presence; he always was. He was waiting for her, though, to speak.
“Get out of my head, Daemon,” she called with manufactured strength. He silenced the chimes with the back of his hand but did not turn to face her. His shoulders shook with inaudible laughter. She shifted uneasily in the doorway, her supply of the artificial confidence having run out.
“Come to try again, Charlotte?”
No response. What could she say? He was right. He was always right. She could almost feel his thin, knowing smile at her silence.
“Have a seat.” He stretched forward his right hand, his left still picking at his head, and indicated her desk chair. With a stilted gait, she walked across the room and took her seat, facing him. His face was gaunter than she remembered, his cheeks wide craters in the livid flesh. His eyes had lost their lonely, melancholy expression long ago, replaced by cloudy-blue marbles. He met her gaze and she immediately lowered her head, shaking.
“Please, Daemon,” she whispered, “let me be.”
He laughed. It was a brittle, hollow sound as if you could snap it in half like a dead twig. He sensed her discomfort, which pulled out further laughter.
“Quit making me laugh, dear. It gives me a headache,” he said, reaching for the glass of water on the desk.
She stared at the fidgeting left hand as he raised the glass to his cracked lips and drained it gulp by gulp.
“What do you want?” she blurted. His lips hinted at a smile, but twisted suddenly in disgust.
“Your desk is a mess,” he commented, placing the empty glass back on her desk.
It was true, of course. A typewriter occupied the majority of the desktop, surrounded by worthless office toys and cups holding bouquets of pens and dirty dishes from last week’s meals. God only knows what could have been hiding under the mass of crumpled papers.
“Fine,” she spat in a sudden wave of rage, rocketing out of her chair. “You want me to clean my desk? I’ll clean the stupid desk!” She swept her arms wildly across the desk, pushing a waterfall of balled paper over the edge. She hit the glass, knocking it over and spilling water across the wooden surface. She threw herself backing into the chair and buried her face in her wet arms.
He had been observing her calmly and now let out another transparent laugh, despite the pain in his head.
“Why are you doing this to me, Daemon? I know you. This isn’t like you.”
He grinned and plopped himself down in the dusty grey chair by his side. He swung his legs up and planted his heel on the desk, ankles crossed. He overturned a cup of pens, causing them to spill out in the shape of a fan.
“You only know what you wanted me to be. I would like to invite you to get to know me now; I’m much more interesting than I ever was under your pen.”
She clamped down on her lower lip to keep it from trembling, breaking the skin and drawing blood.
And through it all, his left hand still twisted, still pulled, still scratched the dark hair.
“Please…stop!” she begged.
He glared at her, not a trace of amusement left to play on his lips. With tauntingly slow movements, he lowered his feet and stood, plucked a couple of strands of brown hair from his scalp, and sprinkled them onto the typewriter, a mocking gesture.
Avoiding his gaze, she concentrated on the cup, upright and untouched.
“You’re here to kill me, aren’t you?” she muttered.
He smiled at her and loomed over the desk. She flinched as his shadow swallowed her.
“I’m not the one with the gun in my desk, Charlotte.”
She forced herself to meet his gaze. The corners of his pallid lips were curled slightly, and for a moment, the dead, milky blue eyes flashed. She understood the command and robotically obeyed.
She removed the gun from the drawer.
“Why, Daemon?” she cried under her breath. He needed no further clarification.
“I spent my life playing the part of the puppet. Now, Charlotte, I’m ready for us to switch roles.” He paused for a moment before adding, “Let’s be sure to make this your last try, shall we?”
She turned the gun over in her hands under his impatient eye.
“Go on,” he murmured.
She didn’t move.
“Just do it,” he hissed, irritation raising his voice.
“I don’t want to.”
“You don’t want to?” He was yelling now. “Did you ever think that maybe I didn’t want to either? You never gave me that option!”
He turned angrily to the side and lowered his hand for the first time, giving her the full impact of the small blossom of dark hair in a field of platinum blonde.
She burst into tears and looked away from the hole, from the foggy blue eyes that used to be such a beautiful shade of brown, from the pale cheeks that used to be so rosy.
“Do it!” he shouted over her head.
She screamed in horror and agony as she positioned the gun to her temple. She gave him one last look through her tears, imploring him for mercy.
But he laughed.
She squeezed her eyes shut, spilling tears down her face. She alternated between sputtered apologies and pleads.
“Do it now!”
The crack of the gunshot was beautiful, he thought.
She slumped forward onto the desk. He breathed in the smell of the crimson liquid that spattered her expensive rug and chair. He dipped his fingers in the accumulating pool of blood under her head and painted his smiling lips with it.
His image began to flicker as he soaked his hands in the thick, warm substance. The room was filled with the sound manic laughter until he vanished completely.
Last edited by Searria H. on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 am
View Likes
Soulkana says...

Hmm this is interesting and I can't wait to read more. Good luck!!! I couldn't find any spelling errors. So that's good. Also you have good descriptions and emotions in this. It made me sad at the end but hopefully I will get to read more soon. Keep up the good work and Happy Writing!!!
Soulkana<3
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:51 am
View Likes
BigDaddyDawg1899 says...

I really liked this. You should check out my work. I think you may like it. Keep writing!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:35 am
View Likes
Octave says...

Hi there Searria! ^^ Sorry it took me so long to get to this. oo"

Anyway, I figure I should tell you I didn't read whatever lurked inside the spoiler. I don't like explanations. The story should always stand on its own.

He was waiting for her in the study, the place of his birth. The last bit of this sentence doesn't flow right. Do I need to know it's where he was born? If you answered kind of or not really to that question, cut it out. I'm also debating if you should change "was waiting" to "waited", but I'm on the fence about it. He stood in front of her desk with his back to the doorway, running a gnarled finger back and forth across the five-toned scale of the miniature wind chimes. And here I was, thinking you'd say across the desk. oo I'm not sure where the wind chimes come from. Might want to mention something about it being on the desk or such. His left fingers twitched nervously about the side of his head, twisting and tugging on the dark hair above his ear. If they twist and tug, they're not really twitching as much as twisting and tugging. oo The sleeves of his ratty jacket rustled with each motion. He always wore that shredded piece of leather – it had become something of a signature. I think you can cut this last sentence out, but it's your call. oo

She wasn't surprised to see him, but nevertheless the sight of him made her tremble. She stood in the doorway, glued to the threshold like a child terrified to enter a dark room for fear of the monsters hidingwithin. She was certain he was aware of her presence; he always was. He was waiting for her, though, to speak. I officially got kind of bored by the end of this paragraph. o.e It's really slow.

“Get out of my head, Daemon,” she called with manufactured strength. He silenced the chimes with the back of his hand but did not turn to face her. His shoulders shook with inaudible laughter. She shifted uneasily in the doorway, her supply of the artificial confidence having run out.

No response. What could she say? He was right. He was always right. She could almost feel his thin, knowing smile at her silence.

“Have a seat.” He stretched forward his right hand, his left still picking at his head, and indicated her desk chair. With a stilted gait, she walked across the room and took her seat, facing him. His face was gaunter than she remembered, his cheeks wide craters in the livid flesh. His eyes had lost their lonely, Double adjectives tend to be annoying and flow-crushing. melancholy expression long ago, replaced by cloudy-blue marbles. He met her gaze and she immediately lowered her head, shaking.

“Please, Daemon,” she whispered, “let me be.” So first I was bored, and then I was hooked. Now I'm feeling as if this is a wee bit overdramatic.

He laughed. It was a brittle, hollow sound as if you could snap it in half like a dead twig. This last part kind of killed the sentence for me. Try to cut it out, or rephrase it. I like the comparison, but it's just so awkward as it stands. He sensed her discomfort, which pulled out further laughter. This sentence I don't like. It's kind of weird. It seemed as if he already knew she was uncomfortable, so why would he sense it again now? o0" Maybe I just misinterpreted the earlier parts. /rambling oo"

“Quit making me laugh, dear. The word dear makes the dialog sound stilted. It gives me a headache,” he said, reaching for the glass of water on the desk.

She stared at the fidgeting left hand ...whose fidgeting left hand, exactly? At first I thought it was some disembodied hand. oo" as he raised the glass to his cracked lips and drained it gulp by gulp.

“What do you want?” she blurted. His lips hinted at a smile, but twisted suddenly in disgust. Suddenly is a difficult word to use, because the fact that you said suddenly already slows it down and makes it anything but sudden. Also, the hinted at a smile thing is weird and kind of out of place there. If you really want to say he was smiling, do so earlier, because if you put it there it seems as if he smiled at what she said, then changed his reaction.

“Your desk is a mess,” he commented, placing the empty glass backon her desk. Word repetition.

It was true, of course. A typewriter occupied the majority of the desktop, surrounded by worthless office toys and cups holding bouquets of pens and dirty dishes from last week’s meals. Only God knew what could have been hiding under the mass of crumpled papers. Keep your tense consistent. Past is past, present is present. I switched it to only God knew because God only knew sounds awkward.

“Fine,” she spat in a sudden wave of rage, rocketing out of her chair. ....This is out of nowhere. A while ago she was meek and terrified of the guy. “You want me to clean my desk? I’ll clean the stupid desk!” She swept her arms wildly across the desk, pushing a waterfall of balled papers over the edge. Let's hit pause. Earlier you said a typewriter occupied the majority of the desk. How could she sweep her arm across the desk if a typewriter was on it? She's smack her arm against it and give herself a bruise. She hit the glass, knocking it over and spilling water across the wooden surface. She threw herself backing into the chair and buried her face in her wet arms. First of all, these last two have very awkward flow. Might want to revise. Second, did she knock the glass on purpose, or while she was sweeping away the paper? I'd like to know. ^^ Lastly, I'm having a hard time imagining her burying her face in her wet arms. Maybe hands, but arms? o0"

He had been observing her calmly and now let out another transparent laugh, despite the pain in his head. I think you can afford to cut out this last bit too. The despite the pain part. It just kills the sentence, in my opinion.

He grinned and plopped himself down in the dusty grey chair by his side. He swung his legs up and planted his heel on the desk, ankles crossed. He overturned a cup of pens, causing them to spill out in the shape of a fan. How can he reach anything on the desk if he's sitting so far from it to rest his heels on it? o0" Anyway, your sentence patterns sound repetitive here. Revise.

“You only know what you wanted me to be. I would like to invite you to get to know me now; I’m much more interesting than I ever was under your pen.”

She clamped down on her lower lip to keep it from trembling, breaking the skin and drawing blood.

And through it all, his left hand still twisted, still pulled, still scratched the dark hair. ...I don't know why, but this sentence is insanely disturbing. oo It makes his left hand seem...I don't know. o.e

“Please stop,” she begged. Ellipses for drama = bad. Also, I'm generally against exclamation points because they tend to be abused. >>" Use them as rarely as you can, so they have maximum impact when you use them. Think maybe five times a novel, the majority of them concentrated in the climax.

He glared at her, not a trace of amusement leftto play on his lips. With tauntingly slow movements, he lowered his feet and stood, plucked a couple of strands of brown hair from his scalp Maybe head? Scalp sounds kind of medical. o0", and sprinkled them onto the typewriter, a mocking gesture. Ewww. >.o"

Avoiding his gaze, she concentrated on the cup, upright and untouched. What cup? She knocked over the glass of water, and he spilled the pencil/pen cup, didn't he?

He smiled at her and loomed over the desk. She flinched as his shadow swallowed her.

She forced herself to meet his gaze. The corners of his pallid lips were curled slightly, and for a moment, the dead, milky blue eyes flashed. She understood the command and robotically obeyed.

“I spent my life playing the part of the puppet. Now, Charlotte, I’m ready for us to switch roles.” He paused for a moment before adding, “Let’s be sure to make this your last try, shall we?”

“Go on,” he murmured.

She didn’t move.

“I don’t want to.”

“You don’t want to?” He was yelling now. “Did you ever think that maybe I didn’t want to either? You never gave me that option!”

He turned angrily to the side and lowered his hand for the first time, giving her the full impact of the small blossom of dark hair in a field of platinum blonde. ...I don't get it. o0 Why is there a bunch of dark hairs when the rest is platinum blonde? Also, I'd thought his hair was dark all the way through because you mentioned he was dark haired earlier. Might want to clarify that.

She burst into tears and looked away from the hole What hole?, from the foggy blue eyes that used to be such a beautiful shade of brown, from the pale cheeks that used to be so rosy.

She screamed in horror and agony ...This is just kinda funny. It's like he's actually controlling her, but you made it obvious this is psychological bullying/coercion. It might work better if she doesn't scream in agony, IMO. as she positioned the gun to her temple. She gave him one last look through her tears, imploring him for mercy.

But he laughed.

She squeezed her eyes shut, spilling tears down her face. She alternated between sputtered apologies and pleas. Plea, not plead.

“Do it now!”

She slumped forward onto the desk. He breathed in the smell of the crimson liquid that spattered her expensive rug and chair. He dipped his fingers in the accumulating pool of blood under her head and painted his smiling lips with it.

His image began to flicker as he soaked his hands in the thick, warm substance. The chronology is weird. He'd already dipped his fingers and painted his lips ,but now he disappears while he was dipping his fingers? o0" Try to clear it up. Did he soak his hands in them again? Anyway, I don't think there'd be so much blood he could *soak* his hands in them. Besides, there's no basin or anything. The room was filled with the sound manic laughter until he vanished completely.

Final thoughts:

I like this much better than the first version. Just saying.

I actually like this, although I notice you have two main problems.

First is your flow. I have problems with this too. Sometimes it's hard not to use your default sentence pattern, but when you use a certain pattern too many times, it becomes monotonous. Other times, when you try to cram too much into a sentence, you break its flow.

What is flow? Flow is how the words come out the page, how they read, how they run through your reader's mind. Truly good prose has near-perfect flow. Bad flow makes you stumble when you read it, and so it's difficult to stick with an author who has no sense of flow. You want your words to be smooth and silky.

Fortunately, flow is easy to fix. Just read your piece again and take note of any sentences that make you pause. Your words should come as naturally as breathing, so if they make you stop for breath or leave you tongue-tied (and you didn't mean to do that), it means your flow is all over the place in that area. Simply revise the sentences that make it awkward and read them again. Repeat until it sounds right. ^^

Your other problem is that you frequently neglect to tell your reader some things. While it's not good to treat your readers as stupid, you have to realize they're not psychic. ^^" They don't really know as much about your world as you do. This is a bit trickier than flow because the only way to realize it is if someone tells you. I noted the parts where I was confused above.

Also, you have a tiny problem with consistency. You say this, and then you forgot that you said it in the next few lines. No biggie either. Just read through the story again after taking a short break from it. You should be able to note the inconsistencies yourself. I pointed out a few to you.

Overall, this story has a good impact. It's kind of slow at the start, but I suppose it's supposed to be drawn out there. The ending could be improved as well. It kind of tries too hard. Only the last two paragraphs, though. I like the whole crack of the gunshot line, but everything below it just kind of went downhill. Revise so it doesn't sound so corny, maybe?

Oh, and try to get rid of exclamation points where you can. Maybe leave only one or two in the story, and personally, I think they'd work best in the climax, but it's your call. ^^

Again, good job on the revision~ ^^ If you have any questions or need anything, PM me, all right?

Sincerely,

Octave
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:03 am
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

He was waiting for her in the study, the place of his birth. He stood in front of her desk with his back to the doorway, running a gnarled finger back and forth across the five-toned scale of the miniature wind chimes. His left fingers twitched nervously about the side of his head, twisting and tugging on the dark hair above his ear. The sleeves of his ratty jacket rustled with each motion. He always wore that shredded piece of leather – it had become something of a signature.
She was not surprised to see him, but the sight of him nevertheless made her tremble. She stood in the doorway, glued to the threshold like a child terrified to enter a dark room for fear of the monsters hiding within. She was certain he was aware of her presence; he always was. He was waiting for her, though, to speak.
“Have a seat.” He stretched forward his right hand, his left still picking at his head, and indicated her desk chair. With a stilted gait, she walked across the room and took her seat, facing him. His face was gaunter than she remembered I think it would sound better like ‘his gaunt face was paler than she remembered‘ , his cheeks wide craters in the livid flesh. His eyes had lost their lonely, melancholy expression long ago, and were replaced by cloudy blue marbles. replaced by a cloudy-blue marbles. He met her gaze and she immediately lowered her head, shaking.
“Please, Daemon,” she whispered, “let me be.”
He laughed. It was a brittle, hollow sound as if it could be snapped in half just as easily as a dead twig Awesome description!. He sensed her discomfort, which pulled out further laughter.
“Quit making me laugh, dear. It gives me a headache,” he said, reaching for the glass of water on the desk.
She stared at the fidgeting left hand as he raised the glass to his cracked lips and drained it gulp by gulp.
“What do you want?” she blurted. His lips hinted at a smile, but twisted suddenly in disgust.
“Your desk is a mess,” he commented, placing the empty glass back on her desk.
It was true, of course. A typewriter occupied the majority of the desktop, surrounded by worthless office toys and cups holding bouquets of pens I love the ‘bouquets of pens’! I don’t think I’ve ever heard that description before :D and dirty dishes from last week’s meals. God only knows what could have been hiding under the mass of crumpled papers.
“Fine,” she spat in a sudden wave of rage, rocketing out of her chair. “You want me to clean my desk? I’ll clean the stupid desk!” She swept her arms wildly across the desk, pushing a waterfall of balled paper over the edge. She hit the glass, knocking it over and spilling water across the wooden surface. She threw herself backing into the chair and buried her face in her wet arms.
He had been observing her calmly and now let out another transparent laugh, despite the pain in his head.
He grinned and plopped himself down in the dusty grey chair by his side. He swung his legs up and planted his heel on the desk, ankles crossed. He overturned a cup of pens, causing them to spill out in the shape of a fan.
And through it all, his left hand still twisted, still pulled, still scratched the dark hair.
“Please…stop!” she begged.
He glared at her, not a trace of amusement left to play on his lips. With tauntingly slow movements, he lowered his feet and stood, plucked a couple of strands of brown hair from his scalp, and sprinkled them onto the typewriter, a mocking gesture.
He smiled at her and loomed over the desk. She flinched as his shadow swallowed her. Another awesome description :D
“Go on,” he murmured.
She didn’t move.
“I don’t want to.”
He turned angrily to the side and lowered his hand for the first time, giving her the full impact of the small blossom of dark hair in a field of platinum blonde.
She burst into tears and looked away from the hole, from the foggy blue eyes that used to be such a beautiful shade of brown, from the pale cheeks that used to be so rosy.
She screamed in horror and agony as she positioned the gun to her temple. She gave him one last look through her tears, imploring him for mercy.
But he laughed.
She squeezed her eyes shut, spilling tears down her face. She alternated between sputtered apologies and pleads.
“Do it now!”
His image began to flicker as he soaked his hands in the thick, warm substance. The room was filled with the sound manic laughter until he vanished completely.

Hey, Searria!
I thought this was really good! First of all, your grammar is great :D It always make me happy when I don’t have to spend time adding in or subtracting commas and can focus more on the actual story and emotion.
Even though the time spent with these characters is so short, I feel very intrigued by them. I love how you started right off the bat with introducing us to Daemon’s hair teasing habit. Later, I liked the sudden emotion from Charlotte, who sent the items flying off the table. At the end, the description of Daemon was great again, with the patch of dark hair amidst the platinum blonde and hazy blue eyes.
I think it was really cool how you brought us into the scene so quickly, and how I was immediately attached to the characters. Even right now I’m wondering about these two’s pasts, and how in the world they got this way. If there was more of this story, I would go on to read it for sure.
Since there’s not much to this lengthwise, it’s hard to go into a detailed review. The only thing I have to complain about is that in the beginning I thought that Daemon was some weird way of saying Demon, but that’s about it x)
For an exercise, this is amazing! Keep writing!!
Have an awesome day,
~blacksheep
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:59 pm
View Likes
Chirantha says...

Hi Searria,

Hmm, a very different story from the ones that I read, but it was interesting and also mysterious. But at the end, I had but one question. "Why?" Why did all that happen. I mean, I could guess that Charlotte had somehow killed Daemon, the same way he had her kill herself, but it still brought the question 'Why?'

Why did Charlotte kill Daemon in the first place. What was the relationship between her and Daemon? If Daemon was actually dead, how did come back as a spirit? How did he control her?

It gets the reader confused when he/she asks questions like this and gets no answer back after reading the chapter again. So, I do hope you intend to write more, and give answers to some of the above questions.

Right, with that out of the way, let me start my review, :D

Mistakes

He was waiting for her in the study, the place of his birth.

He "waited" seems better, as you begin the next sentence with "He stood"

His left fingers twitched nervously about the side of his head,

Don't say "nervously" as it's quite contradictory to the cold confidence he shows after Charlotte arrives.

her supply of the artificial confidence having run out.

Saying "run out" in the same paragraph where it says, "she called with manufactured strength." seems quite on the contrary. So, change it something like, "...confidence running out."

and indicated her desk chair.

"the chair besides her desk"

lonely, melancholy expression long ago,

Assonance works in poems but not in prose. So, I think you need to revise this.

God only knows what could have been hiding under the mass of crumpled papers.

Write this as, "God only knows what could be hiding under the mass of crumpled papers."

he commented, placing the empty glass back on her desk.

She hit the glass, knocking it over and spilling water across the wooden surface.

Look at these two, and tell me if you notice something that you seem to have missed earlier. Yes, if he drank all the water, how did the same glass get filled with water again?

She threw herself backing into the chair and buried her face in her wet arms.

Should be "wet hands"

He had been observing her calmly and now let out another transparent laugh

Correct this as, "He observed her calmly and let out another transparent laugh."

Which cup is this? Because both the glass and the cup overturned earlier. Please clarify.

Plot

Now why did I like this, although there were so many questions that were left unanswered. I liked it because of the rising flow you created, and your use of carefully picked words that made that affect. I also liked it because it took you so little to describe something a lot more sinister, and more deeper than the surface facts that we are seeing. Although it's plot is so small, it's written in a way that it's seems to have roots going a lot more deeper than we know. So, I congratulate on the plot.

Descriptions

The descriptions were good and suited the style of the story. But the things I liked were the similes you used in place of descriptions, such as,

glued to the threshold like a child terrified to enter a dark room for fear of the monsters hiding within.

brittle, hollow sound as if you could snap it in half like a dead twig.

These were unusual similes but they had their affect, and a similes effect is greater that just plain descriptions. It helps the reader in understanding the exact idea you had in mind when write it. So, good job on the similes.

Character Descriptions

These were given so off handedly that I had created imagery of the character without even knowing that I was doing. That's the ability that should be there, and with this story, you show that you are exceptional at it. So, I have no faults in them to point out, but I have to say very well done on those.

Overall

It was a mysterious chapter and was kinda sad but you had written it exceptionally well. But do write further to provide the answers to the questions I asked.

Good luck :D

- C -
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec