z

Young Writers Society

My Tough Life

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:00 am
emotion_less says...

All I can say is that I hope you like it... heh...

I’m in one of my moods again.

I’m sitting here under this beautiful big tree. An oak tree, I think. But I am not really concerned about the oak tree. No. I am wondering about how my life is so much tougher than the carefree children that are playing tag, the teenagers and their petty arguments about boyfriends and girlfriends, and the adults with their whole life’s dilemma. My problem is so much worse than theirs. They get to talk and laugh with people who care about them, even if they do occasionally have a stupid fight.

I bet not one of those people, those children, teenagers, and adults, could even last four hours as me. They would probably break under the silence of day and night, getting bored and itching to do something. But they can’t. Instead, they sit and wait, watching for something to happen, anything. Anything that they could watch and process. They would have to wait through the silence of the night, desperately trying to sleep, but they can’t. They are forced to watch, just like I did, do, and will do, every single day. They would scream and scream, but not one person would hear or much less care.

No one cares about how I feel, what I want to do. If one of those people got into an argument, they would get me in the middle of it, using me to get their anger out at someone else. I just want a simple question. “Will you help me?” No. They just take me into the problem. Wherever I happen to be, it happens. At parks, stores, parking lots, and most of all, schools. Why can’t they just leave me alone or at least thank me for helping them in their fight? Not one single person has come up to me and thanked me for being me, for doing anything at all, even if I was the reason they won the argument. Not one “thank you”. Not one. No one cares about me. No one cares when I’m hurt, physically or emotionally. I have no friends to comfort me. I’m all by myself and people walk right over me because of it.
It’s a tough life, being a rock.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:02 am
Bobo says...

LOL, I was getting pretty sympathetic (although not too much since it's in Other Fiction and not Non-Fiction), but that was awesome! That was hilarious. I should read more of your stuff.

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:10 am
emotion_less says...

Heh, thanks... my other stuff isn't as funny though, sorry.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:20 am
Bobo says...

Well, that's okay. You write well, and that's what really makes me want to read more.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:37 am
Snoink says...

I saw this on TYWC, and I still like it, especially the ending. It works because as it goes on, it sounds soppier and soppier until finally - BAM! - you're hit with the surprise ending. Very nice, I like it very much!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:52 pm
Rei says...

What she said.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:46 pm
Mattie says...

There's not a whole lot I can say except, it was very funny. Most stuff on here isn't comedy oriented. Maybe we should start a comedy section. I found this amusing and a very light read which is good because I can get through it without constant interupptions by my family or friends while I read. :) That's a good thing. My favorite part, besides the ending, was:

I’m sitting here under this beautiful big tree. An oak tree, I think. But I am not really concerned about the oak tree. No. I am wondering about how my life is so much tougher than the carefree children that are playing tag, the teenagers and their petty arguments about boyfriends and girlfriends, and the adults with their whole life’s dilemma. My problem is so much worse than theirs. They get to talk and laugh with people who care about them, even if they do occasionally have a stupid fight.

I don't know why, it's just so real. So many people fight constantly over the smallest things. Very funny and real. Good job and keep writing!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon May 23, 2005 10:40 pm
Shriek says...

Ahahahah, oh man. That last line definately caught me off guard. I read the entire thing twice through, just to get the full effect of knowing what you were talking about the second time around.

No one cares about how I feel, what I want to do. If one of those people got into an argument, they would get me in the middle of it, using me to get their anger out at someone else.

This bit confused me, even the second time around. At first, I was like, "Oh, you'd put a rock in the middle of two people in order to stop the...arguement? Nah, that's wrong." And of course a person likes to use violence to get their anger out about certain things, but I couldn't really picture it happening in my head, with what you wrote there. Maybe I'm just stupid.

However, I LOVED this line:
I’m hurt, physically or emotionally. I have no friends to comfort me. I’m all by myself and people walk right over me because of it.

Oh dear, I'm still laughing.

Overall, I think the way you kept the tone overly dramatic and 'emo' (if you will) throughout the entire story really built up to the surprise ending. Excellent job.
Last edited by Shriek on Tue May 24, 2005 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue May 24, 2005 3:00 pm
Kay Kay says...

It was funny and I enjoyed reading it. I can't wait to read more of your stuff. The ending was surprising and made me laugh. At first I thought maybe it was about you or something but then it was like "Hello" LOL! Good job.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue May 24, 2005 3:11 pm
Areida says...

Haha... that rocks!! Eh... no pun intended...

But seriously, this was great. The opening line caught my attention for some reason and then once I got to the end it made it even better. This was really clever... I was not expecting it. Heehee. Great job.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
— T.S. Eliot