z

Young Writers Society

Hourglass

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:59 am
Willow says...

This was cool. I'd love to read more, so hurry up and write it already :D
I really like this story, though I haven't had much time to read the others. I'm gonna go do that now
*runs off to read others*
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:09 pm
Elizabeth says...

i love this... it reminds me that i heve to write lockdown... although i am a bit out of it.... lovely...

and i am somewhat confused although i need no prior reading.... meh

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:25 pm
Firestarter says...

My father gazes out the small front window that overlooks the commons, watching the soldiers camped in small rows of tidy little tents with horses tethered to the fence posts.

You sure they had tents? I'm not really sure either way, but usually I've found soldiers just slept outside, as the added problem of carrying tents around was too irritating for the officer. But I don't really know. Just checking whether you're concrete on your information.

Otherwise, it's well written. The 'tis' and tweren'ts get a bit annoying after a while though.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:44 pm
Sam says...

I'll check...thanks!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:29 am
hekategirl says...

I love this Sam! this was very good. And like firestarter said the 'tis' and 'twernts' got annoying after a while. But this was great! love it :-D

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:24 am
filmcanister says...

perhaps i'm just a lovestruck shmuck, but i want to know more about liberty. hehe. battleground attractions - dangerous in military times. i want to know why she is at the camp, how she knows him...

and why her name is liberty. an author doesnt just throw around names like that.

and so forth.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:43 am
hekategirl says...

AHHH!!! Sam!! you forgot to tell them that this is a add-on!!! *grrrr* but, yes, filmcanister, this is an add-on to previous segments. That is why this is confusing.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:43 pm
Harley says...

I think i've read these the wrong way round.... :? I like it though, it's really great. Go Sam! I agree with Jack, take out the 'tis, 'twas and 'twerent's... man that's hard to punctuate :roll: great job

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles