z

Young Writers Society

Boys Don't Cry

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:35 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

I.

Sobs trickled through the wall of wood. Deep, crooning cries spun in tendrils in the stagnant
air. David huddled, knees creating a resting platform for his chin, and attempted to banish
the sounds from his mind. The keening wails and incoherent babble that came from behind
the planks pulled and tugged at him, wanting words of kindness and comfort not the silence
that spanned between them. The desperate cries went unanswered and David would leave
them that way because boy’s don’t cry.

II.

Long, emerald strands of grass tickled his nose, while the corners of his lips turned up at the
ends. The boy -- more the young man, heaved a deep sigh his chest undulating as he did so.
Lying in the shade of a giant oak, David rested shirtless on his back cooling his soppy,
dripping skin from the festering heat. While he lay there soft grass brushing his tanned
torso, a mirage appeared before him. Maybe it was because of the heat or his overactive
imagination but the figure molded lifelike before him. Blinking his eyes quickly, David
realized who the figure was as it smiled back, perfect white teeth flashing. David choked
back a sob, tears tingeing the back of his eyes. David blinked again, the image was gone. He
willed his tears to stop, and his mouth to close, because boy’s don’t cry.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:49 pm
Firestarter says...

Liked it. Inspired by the Cure, by any chance?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:05 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

thanks for the review. no, not inspired by the cure, but that does give me an idea.

cheers CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:46 pm
Mattie says...

I liked this CL...I think I also have an idea you could use it may be a little bit too over used though. Anyways, my idea would be if you were to write more, you could add the story into it like to the separate paragraphs. Just an idea though. Can't wait for more!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri May 06, 2005 11:33 pm
Elizabeth says...

This was the hottest story that I've ever read. THIS WAS SO GREAT!!!

Nothing more said, I might have bad taste in some peoples opinion but the first line is what nailed me to the wall and made me watch.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat May 07, 2005 7:45 pm
lon_205 says...

A powerful piece. Lovely written. I like how each part ended with "because boys don't cry"

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)