z

Young Writers Society

God's tears...

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:50 pm
Acid_Fairy says...

When I was little I used to think the clouds were big balls of cotton wool that god put in the sky. I thought that rain was God’s tears. I wondered why he cried so much in England, while his smile made the world warm in other places.
It was strange I thought that no matter how far you ran you could never catch the edge of a rainbow. I loved rainbows. They always made me smile. When I saw birds flying I used to think how lucky they were to be able to touch the sky. Touch all the colours of the rainbow. I thought of their wings skimming the surface and making ripples, just like the sea.
My cousins and I would spend hours throwing stones as high as we could then squinting to sea if they would make ripples in the sky. I think maybe somewhere deep down I knew there was no chance, but believed anyway. It’s funny what you think.
When the sun’s rays poured in through the window, I could almost see God fingers were reaching in trying to touch us. I thought how lonely it must be up there. Sitting for all of time.
Time. The word gave me a strange feeling. That even when we are all gone. The stars, planets and universes-time will still go on. Even if it only exists in an inky blackness of nothing.
How I was told that God was everywhere. That he was with us all the time. I could never get my head round that. That God could be with me sitting in church, then at home with me too.
The older i got, the more i had to look around me and take things in. I couldn't rely on other people's stories. Memories. Imaginings. And in the end I realised that God was always crying. And his tears always fell on us...
Angel now- Devil forever ;-P

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:13 am
AlfonsoFernandez says...

I like the story, although I find it really deep and even a little depressing. But I like how you explained rain, and thought about rainbows. Although I found a couple of spelling mistakes:
My cousins and I would spend hours throwing stones as high as we could then squinting to sea if they would make ripples in the sky.
You wrote sea, when it should be see. And I wonder, didn't they ever come back to you and hit you? But I know this is just a story so whatever.
I could never get my head round that.
I think that the correct way to say it is around that instead of round that.
And finally:
The older i got, the more i had to look around me and take things in.
You didn't capitalize the "I"s, and they always should. I guess you just didn't notice.
Anyway, nice!
:D :lol:
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

[insert inspiring quote]

Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon